• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Tried, but it's telling me that my SN is invalid. Oh well.

Are you in the U.S.? The program is for U.S. only. That might be why it's not working.

Top of page so buy:

PS+ 1 Year subscription(If you buy a 1 year subscription you get 3 extra months)
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
Ninja Gaiden sigma plus(if you have PS+)
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Go buy Rayman Origins.
if your in EU land then buy P4G in two weeks!
Get Persona 3 Portable if you liked P4G.
Ok, buy Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X for the PSP
(for Silver members) recommendation: go buy Motorstorm RC
Buy Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.
Shooter fans buy Unit 13! Try the demo at least.
Buy Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed.
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational! :-D
Solstice

Always thought the game must be prepared for this (Shadow/Ico got a patch just for this).
Why theheck doesnt Sony make this feature available for every game when its so easy possible via firmware?
Because remote play uses part of the PS3's resources, they'd need to do an entire second QA pass for the game to ensure that the game performs satisfactorily and doesn't crash or cause any other major issues because processing power it expects to be available suddenly isn't there. Most companies aren't willing to pay for that, let alone make any remote play specific fixes should they be needed.

That said, with the PS4 being rumored to have dedicated video encoding hardware, that problem would be solved, and remote play could be available on all titles without any impact on the game itself. All the devs would need to do is define some button remapping and some basic testing.

I was going to buy Kyntt Underground, but after seeing a particular Youtube video of someone playing it I'm completely turned off of the game.

To the game's defense I think a large portion of that is attributed to the commentator/player rather than the actual game itself.

Are you in the U.S.? The program is for U.S. only. That might be why it's not working.

Top of page so buy:

PS+ 1 Year subscription(If you buy a 1 year subscription you get 3 extra months)
Go buy Rayman Origins.
Buy Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.
Shooter fans buy Unit 13! Try the demo at least.
Buy Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed.
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

And STILL my Hot Shots Golf recommendation gets left out? Why no love for Hot Shots and Solstice?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Which was me. But I havent tried PS3. I dont have any lag issues though.

Top of page so buy:

Go buy Rayman Origins.
Edit: Buy Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.
Edit: Shooter fans buy Unit 13! Try the demo at least.
EDIT: Buy Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed.
vRboS4J.gif

Since you posted that gif,thenI will not even make a comment about what I disagree with.

Shizuka's pure adorableness undo all the wrong recommendations and horrible games in this world.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Since you posted that gif,thenI will not even make a comment about what I disagree with.

Shizuka's pure adorableness undo all the wrong recommendations and horrible games in this world.

Hmmm.

"So I noticed Persona 3 Portable was only $10 on PSN, and considering the dearth of titles for my Vita decided to pick it up on a whim, even though I normally hate (and suck at) JRPGs. Gotta say I'm pretty blown away so far, and I totally get the Persona hype now.

I decided to play on easy, which I think was a really good choice for me so I can just enjoy the story and not get my ass kicked. The characters have a lot of personality, and really help to draw you into the world. Forming and building on different social links is rewarding, as is uncovering the different side stories in the process. The plot itself is decent enough, too, nothing incredible so far but at the very least inoffensive.

Graphically it's stylish as hell...obviously on the portable version you're just pointing and clicking on sprites, but when the drawn characters pop in during dialogue they always look great. And I love the battle animations, especially for the group attack."

vRboS4J.gif

...?

On on hand EDF doing good is great as it increases chances of other Namco titles being released on the other I don't like the vision of DD-only future at MSRP prices.
To be honest, since the Vita can't exactly entice publishers with its massive userbase, offering lower risk and high profit margin is perhaps a necessary alternative. For cheap-asses there will always be sales and PlayStation Plus.

being able to play Folklore on my bed using Vita might push me into Vita CFW.(still not sure if Sixaxis work well with this)
No, it's the PS3 that needs the custom firmware, and I believe there are no known exploits for recent firmware versions, you need to have a very old firmware on your PS3 to be able to crack it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone else F5'ing for Totos response?

Edit:
*Shyamalantwist* Maybe there wont be any?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
No, it's the PS3 that needs the custom firmware, and I believe there are no known exploits for recent firmware versions, you need to have a very old firmware on your PS3 to be able to crack it.

thanks for the correction..well maybe Vita universal 2nd screen with PS4 then.

Anyone else F5'ing for Totos response?

Edit:
*Shyamalantwist* Maybe there wont be any?

just don't abuse it. :p

Toma

thanks for the correction..well maybe Vita universal 2nd screen with PS4 then.

just don't abuse it. :p

I vow to use my new found power with highest responsibility.

Offtopic: I am tired, and I want Frozen Synapse.
Oh and Monosukoi, since you were already off when I read your Steam message: Feel free to chat me up tomorrow and I'll teach you how to play :)

kiyomi

Oh and Monosukoi, since you were already off when I read your Steam message: Feel free to chat me up tomorrow and I'll teach you how to play :)

itsjustsmono

Yeah, I'd appreciate that. I had a quick go at it earlier and it made my head hurt.

And you didn't copy my recommendation that I TWICE made for Hot Shots Golf.

Where's the love, Toma?

By the way, I've still got referral space left for the Vita free PSN monies. Here's the link:

psvita.amplifinity.com/offer
refer code 14228940

Gonna do this when I get home tonight!

Toma

itsjustsmono

Yeah, I'd appreciate that. I had a quick go at it earlier and it made my head hurt.

Wasnt sure whether you'd realize you were meant if I wrote just Mono :p
Its not THAT complicated actually, it just has many tactical options for high level play. I'll hammer the basics into you though ;)

Anyone know if the NA market is getting anymore Vita bundles? I think the AC:L bundle is completely sold out around here and the Call of Duty bundle has run it's course. Perhaps a MLB the Show bundle or Soul Sacrifice. They should be shoving Tearaway into every unit sold and advertise it to death, it has by far the widest appeal, that and Killzone Mercenary.

Re-posting my previous post/question. Sorry if it's intrusive to do so, but I'd like to know before I spend hours either syncing to the Mac, or before I delete something that I shouldn't delete.

I'll definitely be adding Urban Trial and Hardboiled Chicken to Vita next week...assuming I have enough space left on my 16 GB (though I could use Content Manager and remove RE Degeneration freeing up over a gig)....

...whuch brings me to my ?: If you buy/bought and want to eventually delete a TV episode or Film purchased from PSN on Vita (w/out backing up), can you redownload it free later?

I know games can be redownloaded after you've bought and delete them - but I'm not sure about other PSN media...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sony apologizes to Vita owners for delayed game by giving them a PS3 game

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ontal-assault-for-ps-vita-coming-this-spring/

Because all Vita owners own PS3s apparently...

Full Frontal Assault is so bad anyway.

we will be offering Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked for the PS3 system as a free download to all of our fans who purchased Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for the PS3 system (digitally or on disc).

lol..can't they at least offer something decent?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ontal-assault-for-ps-vita-coming-this-spring/

Because all Vita owners own PS3s apparently...
They're not apologizing for the delay. They're apologizing for owners of the game on PS3 not being able to use its Cross Buy functionality since the Vita port isn't ready.

So it makes sense that they throw a bone to them, not to the people who never intended to use Cross Buy in the first place.

Based on the reviews for the PS3 version, it's not even worth it anyway. I wish Sony were as eager to go back to the well for its PS1 franchises the way it constantly churns out shitty sequels to its PS2-era "hits".

kiyomi

Wasnt sure whether you'd realize you were meant if I wrote just Mono :p
Its not THAT complicated actually, it just has many tactical options for high level play. I'll hammer the basics into you though ;)

There is only mono Mono.
ew, i hate myself for typing that :<

Glad you edited that, free is free!

Not that interested in the Vita game itself though. I love the first Ratchet but beyond that never really found the series that compelling.

Certinty

European users are getting Motorstorm RC for free instead. What an absolute joke from SCEE.

Glad I didn't pick up R&C.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Based on the reviews for the PS3 version, it's not even worth it anyway. I wish Sony were as eager to go back to the well for its PS1 franchises the way it constantly churns out shitty sequels to its PS2-era "hits".

It's like PSone era and ips don't exist for them or something,Ape Escape,Motor Toon GP,Omega Boost,Alundra,Legend of Dragoon,Blasto,Colony Wars,G-Police and others all screams for a sequel..but Sony focus on few PS2 titles.

then again seeing how they are handling them (Jak4 and all Ratchet rehases this gen) I don't know if it's a good idea to go back to PSone IPs or no right now.

I should say I loved it back in the day. Picked up the HD collection last year and haven't really touched it.

Maybe it's aged really badly? I dunno. You're making me doubt myself now :|
I loved it back in the day as well, and while the characters are still charming, everything about it is... bad. Plus it has a really awful checkpoint system.

Going Commando is better than it in basically any and every way possible, and you'll definitely see that if you ever get around to playing the HD collection.

I think everyone is interpreting what ubi sold wrong - i hink they meant that DD has 15-20% more sales in NA vs EU (or maybe 15-20% more market share)

Yes and that number is pretty good regardless.

I'd agree, it's a good number and hopefully Ubi is pleased.

Capcom is (was) one of my favorite JP development houses - it's a sad situation that they refuse to truly support Vita development. Surely, there can be some money made if they'd take a chance. Their lack of any real presence on the platform has given a newfound respect for JP Vita risk takers Tecmo and Sega, with their effort(s).

Square seems to be heavily betting on iOS (mobile and tablet), while blaming consoles for their lesser financial returns. If they'd have had truly great FF titles (like those from earlier systems) and not the tunnel-funnel fest that was FFXIII - they'd probably be in better standing. I wonder if XHD is still incoming, at least anytime soon. Which reminds me that Lost Odyssey was the best non FF, FF game in a long time....

Aside from all of this, I keep buying Vita games and playing them, but juggling multiple titles at a time - without finishing them. Im doing the same on 3DS. I never used to play games this way - until iOS gave me the multitasking itch several years ago. Does anyone suffer from the same ADD gaming ailment? Any advice as to how to focus and correct this gaming habit, as I'd like to keep supporting my handhelds? - yet be able to focus better by playing and completing games one at a time and not intermittently post on GAF/watch YouTube/surf the web all at once?

Bah.

Also - 19 days until NGS2+

^_^

It's like PSone era and ips don't exist for them or something,Ape Escape,Motor Toon GP,Omega Boost,Alundra,Legend of Dragoon,Blasto,Colony Wars,G-Police and others all screams for a sequel..but Sony focus on few PS2 titles.

then again seeing how they are handling them (Jak4 and all Ratchet rehases this gen) I don't know if it's a good idea to go back to PSone IPs or no right now.
Optimally, we'd have had more than just a sad handful of new IPs by now.

I'm sick of seeing so much manpower devoted to franchises like Killzone (what a very xtreme!1!!1 90s name, by the way), God of War, those shitty furries - some of the most anemic crap I've ever seen. Why

Sid

I'd agree, it's a good number and hopefully Ubi is pleased.

Capcom is (was) one of my favorite JP development houses - it's a sad situation that they refuse to truly support Vita development. Surely, there can be some money made if they'd take a chance. Their lack of any real presence on the platform has given a newfound respect for JP Vita risk takers Tecmo and Sega, with their effort(s).

Square seems to be heavily betting on iOS (mobile and tablet), while blaming consoles for their lesser financial returns. If they'd have had truly great FF titles (like those from earlier systems) and not the tunnel-funnel fest that was FFXIII - they'd probably be in better standing. I wonder if XHD is still incoming, at least anytime soon. Which reminds me that Lost Odyssey was the best non FF, FF game in a long time....

Aside from all of this, I keep buying Vita games and playing them, but juggling multiple titles at a time - without finishing them. Im doing the same on 3DS. I never used to play games this way - until iOS game me the multitasking itch several years ago. Does anyone suffer from the same ADD gaming ailment? Any advice as to how to focus and correct this gaming habit, as I'd like to keep supporting my handhelds? - yet be able to focus better by playing and completing games one at a time and not intermittently post on GAF/watch YouTube/surf the web all at once?

Bah.

Also - 19 days until NGS2+

^_^
Hopefully more Vita support materializes and yup awesome times ahead.

cyborg009

Banned

Oreshika got a remake because fans demanded it and the sells on ps one classic were huge. Now we got a Vita version coming, I wish they give legend of dragoon a chance.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I loved it back in the day as well, and while the characters are still charming, everything about it is... bad. Plus it has a really awful checkpoint system.

Going Commando is better than it in basically any and every way possible, and you'll definitely see that if you ever get around to playing the HD collection.

the original 3 R&C games >>>>x1000>>>>>> every other R&C rehashes.

Seriously every R&C games that came after Up Your Arsenal were just unworthy lazy rehashes with outdated gameplay and recycled ideas with nothing new in them.

Top Bottom