• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

VanWinkle

hmm, i didn't know it's out for ps3. Should I assumed it's not cross buy when vita version comes out?

Don't think so. But I don't really blame these smaller devs not doing cross-buy. They need to be able to make money.

Man, I'm REALLY hoping this one turns out to be good. Could definitely use a trials game on my Vita.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Plz2BADemo.

No way am I buying that blindly until I know how balls hard it is.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I missed The Turd Birthday discussion :(

Some Guacamelee Highlights:

Game is 60fps now. Mutant blobs was only 30.
Cross save, cross controller
Q2 release window
No customization of the luchadores
They wouldn't talk crossbuy yet

Guacamelee ..we hear about it but we don't see it.

WORLDTree

I've played the original NG and NGS, but I feel like the enemies in Sigma + are waaay more aggresive than usual, and I'm only on Normal. Not as much of a deal with Ryu, but it makes the Rachel chapters a pain in the ass.

I can't handle the Chapter 8 ambush at the Military Gate (assuming it's an ambush)...

TheSeks

I've played the original NG and NGS, but I feel like the enemies in Sigma + are waaay more aggresive than usual, and I'm only on Normal. Not as much of a deal with Ryu, but it makes the Rachel chapters a pain in the ass.

Eh, Rachel seems better than Ryu in Chapter 5. Her hammer UT can deal some good damage against multiple enemies if you time it right and stuns them, IIRC.

Anyway, speaking of which: Had a skeleton zombie fall through the elevator floor coming back up from the Goblet room in chapter 7. Laughed hard because the sucker was trying to hit me only to fall through the floor because I passed away from the elevator. Whoops?

Allforce

Here's a mind-bender for you, I have a friend from work's PSN account on my PS3, he let me sign in to it to download games he had bought (didn't own a PS3 anymore). Some of them are Vita compatible (FF VII, few others). Can I download those onto my Vita or do I have to have his PSN login on my Vita to transfer those over?

Here's a mind-bender for you, I have a friend from work's PSN account on my PS3, he let me sign in to it to download games he had bought (didn't own a PS3 anymore). Some of them are Vita compatible (FF VII, few others). Can I download those onto my Vita or do I have to have his PSN login on my Vita to transfer those over?
You have to be using his account on your Vita.

You're not comparing a basically snooze-fest slow adventure game to a fast-paced action RPG, are you? Had Zelda been that fast-paced with an agile(-ish, not as agile in comparison to sequels) playable character as well as agile enemies, it'd definitely have suffered from camera problems.

Wrong, from where I'm sitting.
Fuck. The DMC games have lock on. And it works better than KH ever did. It might not be the OoT style, but it works when you need it.

The lock on in KH was just effing useless.

I can remember clearly to this day that all I wanted, the entire however many hours I played it, was to be able to lock on to an enemy and then have the OoT style "strafe around them, the camera moves with you with the enemy as the pivot point" type lock on.

Most useless lock on ever.

VanWinkle

Surprisingly AWESOME purchase. I bought these little analog stick grips, and there's a set in there that look like the gamecube analog sticks. They just add a LITTLE bit of height, a little more grip, a little more surface area, and they don't FEEL like an add-on - they feel like built-in analog sticks. Just better. They're made of ABS plastic instead of silicone, which probably makes them feel less like an add-on.

jNnALwHJUd5U3.JPG

They don't look quite as attractive but goodness, I just felt like buying these because i got my income tax and figured "why not?" but I was really surprised.

The package also comes with 360-style analog sticks, but I think they feel a little too high up.

zulux21

Hi Vitabros, dont know if this have been posted yet, but Gaijinworks is having a limited sign up for "Class of Heroes 2" physical edition release, if some of you interested, let give niche game publisher some support =)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=47286400#post47286400
gaf thread by cj_iwakura

http://www.gaijinworks.com/
Gaijinworks official website - sign up for physical release -

beyond that they mention they are aiming for about 10k sales in order to be able to bring over more of the games

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Surprisingly AWESOME purchase. I bought these little analog stick grips, and there's a set in there that look like the gamecube analog sticks. They just add a LITTLE bit of height, a little more grip, a little more surface area, and they don't FEEL like an add-on - they feel like built-in analog sticks. Just better. They're made of ABS plastic instead of silicone, which probably makes them feel less like an add-on.

They don't look quite as attractive but goodness, I just felt like buying these because i got my income tax and figured "why not?" but I was really surprised.

The package also comes with 360-style analog sticks, but I think they feel a little too high up.

Pretty cool.

Not sure why Sony didn't go with higher sticks in first place.

Hi Vitabros, dont know if this have been posted yet, but Gaijinworks is having a limited sign up for "Class of Heroes 2" physical edition release, if some of you interested, let give niche game publisher some support =)

gaf thread by cj_iwakura

signed.

Manufacturer name, please. The top ones on Amazon got mixed reviews, but the ones you posted look quite lovely.

gaf thread by cj_iwakura

Isn't that the game that had the completely pointless Kickstarter?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Where else am I going to put it when my hands are full? My mouth?

sorry I'm not good with English, so isn't "in my pants" mean with your balls? like someone saying " you make the snake in my pants grow up" or it's just like saying in my pocket?

English is hard :(

but if you mean in your pocket...well you have big pockets for Vita(Vita is huge).

images

I know they are imported from Japan but why oh why must these be $40 on EBay... I Really want the white grips to match my Vita since they are literally the only decent white grips I've been able to find but damn are they overpriced... I want I want I want /firstworldproblems

TheSeks

It depends on context, like everything in English, toto.

TheSeks

Also Corrosive: You're right, beat the Skeleton boss and you get the next few (or at least one, so far) missions unlocked. Gotta beat that set and see if another two unlock.

StarCreator said:
Isn't that the game that had the completely pointless Kickstarter?

Yes. Exactly. Vic was asking too much for what he was giving to a certain niche group. Good for that "niche group" that wants physical but it's too late in the PSP game to go UMD releases for Japan localizations that are iffy.

Now, if he kickstartered a localization/license for Type-0, Eternal Punishment, and Last Ranker, he'd have my money. But a first person dungeon crawl? I already have that with Persona 1, kthx.

Right here. From the reviews, it must have gone through some different revisions, some silicone, some where all the analog designs were different, but the current one seems to be great from my use today.

If only they had white. No way am I degrading the beauty of the white Vita with mismatched buttons....

Good find though!

Sly 4 is awesome - initially I thought the game looked crap (demo) - but actually looks nice, after the prologue section. I am really enjoying the story and feel of the game. its my first Sly, so yeah ^_^

...and the loading is a bit faster from retail cart

VanWinkle

If only they had white. No way am I degrading the beauty of the white Vita with mismatched buttons....

Good find though!

Sly 4 is awesome - initially I thought the game looked crap (demo) - but actually looks nice, after the prologue section. I am really enjoying the story and feel of the game. its my first Sly, so yeah ^_^

...and the loading is a bit faster from retail cart

Glad to hear you like it. I'm having a blast. And I don't blame you about the mismatching colors. Too bad they don't have white ones.

TheSeks

eighty(one)'s avatar keeps distracting me... *cough* I thought realpic was over?

Also good to see Trials is getting a demo. Sony really needs to copy MS in requiring that being available day one, especially since there's fucking demos and an unlock key on the PSN store right now (Critter Crunch and other such games, I'm looking at you). It's insane that they want people to spend $15 blindly without knowing if they will enjoy the gameplay or not.

crinale

images

I know they are imported from Japan but why oh why must these be $40 on EBay... I Really want the white grips to match my Vita since they are literally the only decent white grips I've been able to find but damn are they overpriced... I want I want I want /firstworldproblems

Didn't know that grip is not sold outside of Japan. That's really bummer because it is really good (and affordable) that more than half of Vita owners around me actually have one. As a matter of a fact it almost feels like you're holding DualShock3 with that grip :)

Plus, they have all colors (black/white/red/blue) too.

Didn't know that grip is not sold outside of Japan. That's really bummer because it is really good (and affordable) that more than half of Vita owners around me actually have one. As a matter of a fact it almost feels like you're holding DualShock3 with that grip :)

Plus, they have all colors (black/white/red/blue) too.

Only place to find it in the states is from EBay. I can't figure out why it's not stateside it's easily the best grip I've ever seen for the Vita. Sadly I'll end up breaking down and buying one sooner or later it's just a real pain in the wallet to spend that much and not be getting extra battery life like the Nyko grip (although I hear the battery on those are hit and miss a lot tend to fail early on)

Shoyz

The only time I've felt compelled for such a grip was in games with constant touch-pad use where you'd otherwise rest your fingers.

Top Bottom