• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

I'm having such a hard time deciding what RPG to tackle now that I've finished P4. Oath in Felghana might make for a good palette-cleanser, yeah? I've n never played an Ys game before.

I end up playing P4G again to get platinum. such a great game, I still didn't skip most cutscene even in my 2nd playthrough (3rd if you include persona 4 ps2)

cyborg009

Banned
thing is,they made absolutely nothing since 2009, the hell they were doing? shooting water balloons at each other in the studio?

when Sony gave them the Vita devkit, if they were good studio they'll already have a project in development on PSP or PS3 (like Team Toyama's Gravity Rush and other) but they didn't, they got nothing and they got no time..again, yeah it's really their fault. they witnessed better studios at Sony that makes better games died, they should've know better that releasing complete trash no one will ever buy on a system launch will kill them.

Okay fair enough. But I want to know your opinion on Sony first party devs situation on the Vita, Mainly the studios based in America. For exampleNaughty Dog saying no to Vita or SSM trying to outsource God of War Vita to Ready at Dawn but they declined. I was going ask about Team ICO but that would be pointless.

Massa

vivftp

I've got these grips and I think they are really awesome. Playing without them feels as a step back.

SO6206.jpg

I bought that and could never feel comfortable holding my Vita with it. Fortunately there was the Nyko Power Grip around, and holy hell this thing is amazing! Here's my Vita (excuse the dust). I refuse to use my Vita without it now as it's so comfortable, plus it doubles my battery life so it's win-win all around!

Vita.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Reached Alma finally. THE TRUE NINJA GAIDEN STARTS HERE.

*dies dies dies*

And apparently, flipping through Black's FAQ's Hard didn't have the Guillotine throw until 16 scarabs. So I'm misremembering.

Network Problems

So I just got an AirPort Extreme and now downloads on my Vita are crawling! I'm getting 1mbps or less. I used to get 6mbps before on a lynksis G router.

Does anyone know what the problem could be or how to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated.

zulux21

one more question, do we know when the free games selection change? Do they announce it like a week before?

for EU they announce what is coming the next month at the end of the current month
for NA they announce what will come with the store update for that week and that week only about 24 hours before the store updates

Achtius

for EU they announce what is coming the next month at the end of the current month
for NA they announce what will come with the store update for that week and that week only about 24 hours before the store updates

:|

i'll get plus as soon as i finish uncharted so i can play Gravity Rush i guess

Massa

That's not exactly true, in NA they announce one week ahead which content will expire next. For example, next Tuesday King of Fighters is leaving PS+.

Twinduct

PSY・S;47525918 said:
The Colors app gets political.

http://imagr.eu/up/5117109158c645_2013-02-09-220411.jpg[img]
[img]http://imagr.eu/up/5117109177afc5_2013-02-09-220422.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Lol. Atleast it's not just memes I guess.

So sonic racing isn't cross buy?

Can't decide vita or ps3 ...

Having both versions, the Vita one is the more remarkable. Excellent for pick up n' play sessions and even though it doesn't have all the visual bells n' whistles, I honestly prefer it more on Vita 90 perent of the time. This is due to being actually native res and isn't smeared with dat blur filter the consoles versions are stricken with

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Any word they plan on improving the quality of screenshots? I know non-native res game will probably never look good but even ones I know are native res are way too compressed to make the feature particularly useful.

Any word they plan on improving the quality of screenshots? I know non-native res game will probably never look good but even ones I know are native res are way too compressed to make the feature particularly useful.

Really? I thought they look great. Native games of course, like Stranger's Wrath

Furoba

So... Playstation Mobile on Xperia devices... it's actually separate from the one on Vita? Or is there something like a shared download list?

Nvm got it. all new to smartphones. ;p

MarkusRJR

I swear I'd never need another console/handheld if the Vita just had a good 3D platformer, a game similar to Animal Crossing and a game similar to Pokemon. Those are the main reasons I ever buy Nintendo hardware nowadays. The Vita is my go to console since I got it (apart from my daily Animal Crossing).

Also, why is the Vita YouTube app way better than the PS3 YouTube app? Seriously. The Vita app works flawlessly and has more features (I see all my subscriptions vs only 20 or so, playlist support, liking/disliking, commenting, faster navigation, etc). The PS3 app is so featureless and constantly stutters. God damn.

I swear I'd never need another console/handheld if the Vita just had a good 3D platformer, a game similar to Animal Crossing and a game similar to Pokemon. Those are the main reasons I ever buy Nintendo hardware nowadays. The Vita is my go to console since I got it (apart from my daily Animal Crossing).

Also, why is the Vita YouTube app way better than the PS3 YouTube app? Seriously. The Vita app works flawlessly and has more features (I see all my subscriptions vs only 20 or so, playlist support, liking/disliking, commenting, faster navigation, etc). The PS3 app is so featureless and constantly stutters. God damn.

The Vita YouTube app is better than the iOS/Android apps in my opinion, haha. Being able to watch a video while also being able to scroll through my subs at the same time (by pressing square which I found out by accident) is so handy.

Haven't used YouTube app for PS3, though... still not available in Europe.

MarkusRJR

The Vita YouTube app is better than the iOS/Android apps in my opinion, haha. Being able to watch a video while also being able to scroll through my subs at the same time (by pressing square which I found out by accident) is so handy.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. Slow down there partner.

Is this really true? *runs to get Vita*

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

let see what they got that not on Vita.

and a game similar to Pokemon

Folklore/Monster Kingdom

if the Vita just had a good 3D platformer

Ape Escape

a game similar to Animal Crossing

My Summer Holiday

my point here is that SCEJ/SCE Japan Studio have the IPs to cover all that you need(and cover more genres too),sadly they are just completely useless studio and stupid and don't know what to do with their games.

that why SCEJ/SCE Japan Studio is the video game industry biggest joke right now and that thanks to Shu Yoshida san sama senpai the savoir of Vita,the Simon and Kamina of Playstation,who turned SCEJ into a complete waste of space.

Also, why is the Vita YouTube app way better than the PS3 YouTube app? Seriously

ram related I guess.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Sly4 and Persona4? Animal Crossing is missing though.

sono

I bought that and could never feel comfortable holding my Vita with it. Fortunately there was the Nyko Power Grip around, and holy hell this thing is amazing! Here's my Vita (excuse the dust). I refuse to use my Vita without it now as it's so comfortable, plus it doubles my battery life so it's win-win all around!

I take my Vita in its case with me mostly everywhere on the road (have a car charger for it)

While the grips look interesting I dont have any issues with playing games on it nude (Vita not me) and a concern I have with the grips is that if I got used to those I would have more to carry in my coat jacket pocket or may not fit there etc.

kiyomi

You can just use a US account to download it then watch it on your UK account. I really wouldn't advise it though - the thing just doesn't work. Well, unless you want your videos to stutter every 3 seconds.

The Vita YT app is great - excellent quality all round and since they added playlist functionality recently, it's easily my most used non-gaming application on the system. Love it.

Achtius

Wow I just read that even if a game leave the instant game collection, as long as you are still a ps+ subscriber and is still subscribing, you can still continue to play the game. Is that true? If so Sony really need to advertise that.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Wow I just read that even if a game leave the instant game collection, as long as you are still a ps+ subscriber and is still subscribing, you can still continue to play the game. Is that true? If so Sony really need to advertise that.

Yes. And yes, PS+ is shitawesome.

Yes you can. As long as you bought it when it was in PSN+ it stays in your collection and you can use it whenever you reactivate your psn+ subscription.

Top Bottom