• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Achtius

I hope there will be crossbuy titles available when ps4 hits (assuming it is easier/cheaper to port PS4 games to Vita when compared to PS3 to vita).

VanWinkle

I haven't played Rocketbirds enough yet (about 30 minutes), but I will say the visuals are fantastic, and it doesn't really feel much like a platformer with the way it controls. More of a sidescrolling action game with light platforming and puzzle gameplay. I'm having fun, but I'm still really early in the game.

namDa65

ok wtf just happened. persona 4 just ended abruptly.... first time playthrough 43 hrs. Everyone said this game was like 50,60,70 hrs so i expected like 2 more dungeons...

Pimpbaa

ok wtf just happened. persona 4 just ended abruptly.... first time playthrough 43 hrs. Everyone said this game was like 50,60,70 hrs so i expected like 2 more dungeons...

Did you get the real ending? Apparently you can miss it if you don't do certain things near the end or something.

itschris

Did you make any choices near the end? You might have picked wrong and gotten a bad ending.

zulux21

I've heard VC2 is a bad game? What's wrong with it.

it wasn't VC1.
VC2 isn't bad, it's actually a solid game. but instead of a proper war setting you get a high school setting.
instead of big maps that have lots to explore and do you instead have small sectioned maps that never really give a grand battle sense.

In general rpg mechanics were improved, just other things about it felt off.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Not a lot is cross-buy these days. :p

I don't mind not cross-buys. They should at least make them shared-trophies since they implemented a sort-of new trophy system (shared-trophy games have the PS3 and PSV ticks). I only know one that has a proper cross-trophy system which is Retro City Rampage (what are the others though?).

So if i pick another choice then the game continues?

December 3rd is an important date.
You wil be asked to throw Namatame into the TV, after Youske finishes his long speech he will ask you what do you think "leader". At that point there are 6 dialogue options you have to choose correctly to keep the story going, otherwise you will get the bad ending.

Hopefully you created a separate save and didn't write over it.

namDa65

Yeah. If you're at the spot I think you are
(in the hospital confronting Namatame), you should encourage everyone to calm down and think things through rather than going through with it.

thanks guys, i thought i was doing the right thing :p
dont throw him in , let the law take care of it. no vigilante justice

Rocketbirds - Never. Not. Rolling.

I really like it so far (I'm in chapter 6 I think). Kind of simple but the action is enjoyable and its very pretty. Rocking the vita to change the camera angles is a really cool effect. Its subtle and not necessary but it gives the game a really cool "3D" look (for lack of a better description).

I just wish there was more voice acting. There is VA in the cutscenes but not in the random dialog around the levels.

VanWinkle

This is not the impressions that were asked for, kiind sir... (or did I miss a post from you :p)

You missed it, lol. Somewhere on this page.

Rocketbirds - Never. Not. Rolling.

I really like it so far (I'm in chapter 6 I think). Kind of simple but the action is enjoyable and its very pretty. Rocking the vita to change the camera angles is a really cool effect. Its subtle and not necessary but it gives the game a really cool "3D" look (for lack of a better description).

I just wish there was more voice acting. There is VA in the cutscenes but not in the random dialog around the levels.

Yeah, the tilt effect is really neat.

I got a review copy of Urban Trials today if anyone has any interest/questions. There is an embargo on it till next week so I can't, like, give out scores... but the PR rep said it was fine for me to talk about it otherwise.

Iacobellis

I got a review copy of Urban Trials today if anyone has any interest/questions. There is an embargo on it till next week so I can't, like, give out scores... but the PR rep said it was fine for me to talk about it otherwise.

How does it stack up to Trials on XBLA? Can we make our own levels?

ZeroAKA

PSY・S;47654127 said:
Kat is a really fun character to play as in PSASBR.
Yeah, and her combos are really easy to learn. I'm glad SuperBot made my favorite character in the game a viable fighter.

Iacobellis

It's closer to trials than I expected in terms of quality. I love the gametype and will play even cheesey iOS knockoffs and this is up near the top of the genre for sure.

No track editor, unfortunately.

That sounds very good for a $10 game. Sucks about the lack of an editor, though.

Native resolution? Any use of AA? Framerate?

What site do you write for?

Im doing this review for platformnation.com but will also be posting it on my podcast site (which is part of platform nation's network).

That sounds very good for a $10 game. Sucks about the lack of an editor, though.

Native resolution? Any use of AA? Framerate?

I am the worst at determining that type of stuff. It does feel framey occasionally but not in the way that something like Little Kings Story or Sonic and Sega Allstars does. I would guess that it's native res and has some AA as the IQ is very smooth. It's not Virtua Tennis clean, but it's definitely a clean looking game.

The PS3 version has much more going on in the background though.

Iacobellis

Im doing this review for platformnation.com but will also be posting it on my podcast site (which is part of platform nation's network).

I am the worst at determining that type of stuff. It does feel framey occasionally but not in the way that something like Little Kings Story or Sonic and Sega Allstars does. I would guess that it's native res and has some AA as the IQ is very smooth. It's not Virtua Tennis clean, but it's definitely a clean looking game.

The PS3 version has much more going on in the background though.

I don't mind the lack of background things going on, really. I'll gladly take anything smoother than a game form Nihilistic!

Massa

Presentation wise, does it get past the similarities to Trials to the point where it feels like its own unique and well realized game? Or does it come off more like a cheap knock-off? In other words, what's your feel for the game?

How is the metagame presented? Do you see people spending hours and hours addicted to this game to do 100% completion?

Thanks for posting Pete. :) I'm highly anticipating this.

DiscoJer

Crazy Taxi PSP is $5, worth getting at that price?

It doesn't run that well and they removed the music (though on the PSP, you could play custom music).

So it depends on how desperate you are to play Crazy Taxi. And if the Vita runs PSP games at 333 mhz or 222 mhz. (Edit, only played it on the PSP UMD, not Vita. Rented it from Gamefly back in the day)

I loved Super Frog back in the day :) Still got my mint boxed copy in my room and after how much I'm loving their Alien Breed port I'll be getting this for sure.

Almost finished Jetpack Joyride now, just need another 25,000 coins for the last jetpack and I'm officially done with the game. I've enjoyed it but am sick of the coin grinding!

Shinta

Banned
I've heard VC2 is a bad game? What's wrong with it.

If you like VC1 at all, you'll love VC2. Sure, it's not as great as the original, but it's a damn fine portable. It's literally jam-packed with missions, numbering over 200. There are additional classes that are pretty interesting. You can grind missions for parts and higher ranks.

If you wanted, you could really sink a ton of time into the game, well over 100 hours. For $10 it's a complete steal. And the high school setting isn't as cool, but it works fine. The characters are still memorable and unique, and each have little side stories.

It's Valkyria Chronicles. Don't overthink this.

Wait, Crazy Taxi Fare Wars says it doesn't work on Vita in EU. Is it on the Vita store in the US then? Any EU people know if it works via PS3 transfer?

I just really like Crazy Taxi okay

wouwie

I'm really interested in this one since i love this type of game (sadly haven't played one in a long time since i don't have an xbox). Is there a lot of replayability? Is it more "slow skill based" or "crazy as non-realistic as possible stunt" based?

Mr E.

How does the lack of analogue input effect the game. Trials on Xbox relys heavily on throttle input. The analogue triggers in the pad allowed for balancing the bike on various throttle control. Is the vita dumbed down a bit?

Shoyz

Heard that by cutting off a few pixels from the picture (960x544 to 960x542) it wouldn't compress as badly as a background.

I forgot to disable the ratio setting so it got shrunken to 956x542, but it did work, even though the file size went up a bit.

Better alternative I mentioned before: US Sellers from eBay. Same (or slightly increased price), without weeks of waiting for bare-bone airmail delivery from China.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330779749968

Top Bottom