• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

5,554MB left on my 32GB card. :-( That's all games, no music or video.

Top of page so buy:

PS+ 1 Year subscription(If you buy a 1 year subscription before March 4th you get 3 extra months free)
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
Ninja Gaiden sigma plus(if you have PS+)
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Go buy Rayman Origins.
if your in EU land then buy P4G in two weeks!
Get Persona 3 Portable if you liked P4G.
Ok, buy Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X for the PSP
(for Silver members) recommendation: go buy Motorstorm RC
Buy Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.
Shooter fans buy Unit 13! Try the demo at least.
Buy Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed.
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational! :-D
Solstice
If you have Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale there are two new characters out Kat and Emmett. They are FREE for two weeks. So download them today!

Top of page PS Vita Tip:

To check how much space you have left on your memory card go to Settings -> System -> System Information

btkadams

Top of page so buy:

PS+ 1 Year subscription(If you buy a 1 year subscription before March 4th you get 3 extra months free)
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
Ninja Gaiden sigma plus(if you have PS+)
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Go buy Rayman Origins.
if your in EU land then buy P4G in two weeks!
Get Persona 3 Portable if you liked P4G.
Ok, buy Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X for the PSP
(for Silver members) recommendation: go buy Motorstorm RC
Buy Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.
Shooter fans buy Unit 13! Try the demo at least.
Buy Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed.
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational! :-D
Solstice
If you have Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale there are two new characters out Kat and Emmett. They are FREE for two weeks. So download them today!

Top of page PS Vita Tip:

To check how much space you have left on your memory card go to Settings -> System -> System Information
i'm constantly deleting stuff off of my two 32gb cards (only 500mb of non-game data on both). i feel your pain.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

It is pathetic really,32GB is just not enough.

The idiot at Sony who decided to go with these overpriced,small sized and slow ass proprietary memory cards garbage should be ashamed and must submit his resignation immediately.

it is funny that they've done this as an anti-piracy method, but Vita is already hacked and 3DS(that uses normal flash cards) is not.

Get Persona 3 Portable .

9zOfF9b.gif

I really hope you guys just stop this insanity already.

P3P is an abomination, it do not gave a full Persona experience, it is a bad port.

There are other good PSP games that deserve to be mentioned instead of just throwing this trash game into every top of the page/middle of the page posts over and over again.

Shahed

Finished PE2 now! While shorter than the first game, I enjoyed it more.

Now for the moment of doom. Time to play The 3rd Birthday...

zulux21

So after playing the Etrian Odyssey demo on the 3DS, I'm eager for a dungeon crawler. I just bought Class of Heroes. Anyone want to recommend a good starting party / tips?

i never got into class of heroes 1, but i am in on the physical copy of 2 so I will no doubt be playing class of heros 2 in a few weeks. i am hoping to finish up persona 4 by then.

kiyomi

I absolutely loved 3rd Birthday, although that was because I've never played a PE game.

Played some Wipeout since it was free, it's.. okay. Not really my kind of racing game, but goddamn it's pretty.

i'm constantly deleting stuff off of my two 32gb cards (only 500mb of non-game data on both). i feel your pain.

I deleted all my psp and ps1 games, so that all vita games on my card. I think Sony might announce bigger memory cards at the Feb. 20th meeting or if they don't announce it there, then at E3.
Can you download that free PSABR content without owning the game? I'd like to have it if I ever decide to pick it up

Yes, just download it on your ps3, it comes in a character bundle with the ps3 and vita versions.

Shahed

I absolutely loved 3rd Birthday, although that was because I've never played a PE game.

Played some Wipeout since it was free, it's.. okay. Not really my kind of racing game, but goddamn it's pretty.
Wait Wipeout is free? I'll have to go get it. Doubt I'll like it though. Loved it on PS1, but despite feeling as if I should like the rest, I could never get into them. After getting used to sim racers like GT, Forza and F1, I find it hard to play other's. RC is an exception though

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

The Turd Birthday is really bad..it's not really a Parasite Eve game.

avoid it

Let's hope Sony announce new cards soon. I'm still using my 16GB card and I'm having to delete stuff constantly. :(

the price is the important too, I don't want a 128Gb card for $299.

The 3rd Birthday is fine, btw.

Wait Wipeout is free? I'll have to go get it. Doubt I'll like it though. Loved it on PS1, but despite feeling as if I should like the rest, I could never get into them. After getting used to sim racers like GT, Forza and F1, I find it hard to play other's. RCc is an exception though
I assume Mono either got it from PS+ or after the PSN blackout since it was one of the games you could choose.

jwk94

Glad to see that somebody else like the third birthday.

marrec

Banned

I loved 3rd Birthday, and I'm a huge fan of PE 1 and 2. People say they destroyed Aya's character but it's not like she was very compelling in the first place. 3rd Birthday is a good game that probably controls a hell of a lot better on the Vita.

Shahed

The Turd Birthday is really bad..it's not really a Parasite Eve game.

avoid it

Don't worry. Despite liking the first two, my expectation's are firmly rooted for this one. For those that have played Dissidia and 3rd Birthday. How does what they've done to Aya compare to what happened to the travesty that was Terra?

I assume Mono either got it from PS+ or after the PSN blackout since it was one of the games you could choose.

I thought it was only free on US Plus? And I assumed it was 2048 in question. I have HD/Fury from the Welcome Back program

kiyomi

Wait Wipeout is free? I'll have to go get it. Doubt I'll like it though. Loved it on PS1, but despite feeling as if I should like the rest, I could never get into them. After getting used to sim racers like GT, Forza and F1, I find it hard to play other's. RCc is an exception though

Yeah, I'm much the same. Played a lot of it on PS1, but I never got into them on PS2 and I've wavered around on buying HD, never got round to it. So I'm pretty happy to get 2048 for free.

I loved 3rd Birthday

brofist.gif

see grim this is what i was talking about, no gifs

Yeah, Shahed, it's on EU PS+ right now~

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
god - not this 3rd birthday garbage argument again....

i feel like its every few pages theres an argument over if its good or not....

just let people like it if they want....stop trying to spread your gospel and influence... if someone wants to try it let them make their own decision on the game.

i'd rather people went back to arguing over the Uncharteds...

I also never got into wipeout since the PSX one but 2048 is really good. Had it on cart since the vita launched. However its yet another game il now have digitally due to plus. Im slowly able to replace all my cart games with digital thanks to plus.

Only
P4G
Everybodies golf
Sonic transformed
need for speed
and MGS collection left as card only

I still have the cards for MK and wipeout but I don't need them anymore. It was quite handy that when I traded in gravity rush and uncharted back when most wanted came out, a few weeks later they came out on plus so I got them back again.

And the P3P argument is even worse.

well it seems the third birthday is an actual divide. P3P is just toto in denial that its an awesome game.

Shahed

Got it now. For some reason it wouldn't appear in the PS+ section, but i found it via search. I'll give it a shot when I switch back to my UK account. And I've said it before, but the Web store is insanely useful.

The 3rd Birthday looks surprisingly good for a PSP game. I'm guessing I'll like it even if there might be certain drawbacks in the narrative. How long would you say it is compared to the other PE games?

And everyone knows Uncharted: Golden Abyss is a piece of shit gimmick :p

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
so do people hit the pin that much in HSG??

i'm casually going after the trophies as i make my way through the gold cup...still havent gotten the rising/homing/etc shots...

working on that hole in one too... game doesn't make it easy...

granted i'd rather be grinding shots than grinding for Jetpack joyride coins...

Isn't Totobeni the only one really making that argument, though? I just put him on my ignore list. Too much negativity for my taste.

I love P3P, and love the gameplay of the 3rd Birthday. Didn't like the story, but to each their own.

Nah, there's a few others who dislike it as well.

Don't quote me on this, but I think Leona Lewis and Kyon are against P3P.

i'm casually going after the trophies as i make my way through the gold cup...still havent gotten the rising/homing/etc shots...

You'll eventually get those rising/homing shots as you play more and more. The real joy comes when you make a rising shot for a double eagle on a par 5. No better feeling, man.

Nah, there's a few others who dislike it as well.

Don't quote me on this, but I think Leona Lewis and Kyon are against P3P.

I don't think anyone else is quite as vocal about it, though.

EDIT: nevermind =P

Yopis

Thought P3P was okay, not the definitive version, but not bad. Maybe Im out of the loop. Really enjoyed my Sega Game Gear and Sega cd also.

If it makes you feel any better, I've been playing the HSG series since the PSOne, and have yet to get a single hole in one.

kvothe

Is it just me or is remote play terrible? Tried to play Tokyo Jungle the other day on my Vita and everything was so small and blurry. Sucked.

Is it just me or is remote play terrible? Tried to play Tokyo Jungle the other day on my Vita and everything was so small and blurry. Sucked.

If you long press the touch screen and bring up the remote play options, you can increase the visual quality. This might add some lag, though, depending on how strong your connection is. But you have to remember, remote play was meant for PSPs and never really got that much use. I expect it will be better with the Vita / PS4.

Shoyz

I'd have considered P3P if it weren't missing FES. Wish they'd do a Vita 'golden' re-release with all the missing content.

The tutorial for Equalibrium is terrible. Had(have) no idea what I'm doing in the first level apart from generating units.

Shinypogs

I'd have considered P3P if it weren't missing FES. Wish they'd do a Vita 'golden' re-release with all the missing content.

The tutorial for Equalibrium is terrible. Had(have) no idea what I'm doing in the first level apart from generating units.

Yeah it gives you a vague idea of how the game works but not enough to keep you from fucking shit up once you are on your own.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yeah it gives you a vague idea of how the game works but not enough to keep you from fucking shit up once you are on your own.

I also wish it didnt have the artificial Facebook/money grab-time constraint timer. Could be a cute little game.

Top Bottom