• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

VanWinkle

A subconscious tendency to root for the underdog gems in an otherwise depressing landscape, I suppose?

Rihanna pigs aside

haha

Edit: top of page recommendation:

jdn00hgNtzN1b.jpg

Buy Leona's Alberm Glassheart and Vita with P4G guys k fanks

#glassheartworlddomimation2013
Preach.

An observation: if DOA5+ and Killzone Mercenary are what we can expect from the second "gen" of Vita's graphical polish, we're in for some ridiculous visuals by the end of its life cycle. Especially if Sony makes the PS4-->Vita asset pipeline as simple as the PS3-->Vita one is.

I can't wait to see what devs can do with Vita five years from now if the entire industry doesn't swallow itself whole by then.

Skyzard

Banned
DOA5+ looks good overall especially considering the backgrounds, animation and 60 fps but you can tell the textures aren't perfectly crisp...maybe it's the lighting. Still looks very good and hardly MK, reassuring especially if it's 60fps. But damn, Killzone Mercenaries might just blow everything else away. Really hope the framerate is tight.

Shai-Tan

Banned
How is Alien Breed? Is it actually interesting as a dual stick shooter? We need more arena or level based dual stick shooters :/

Speaking of which, is the Geometry Wars brand dead or something? What an obvious fit, especially for someone who hates the Super Stardust aesthetic.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Speaking of which, is the Geometry Wars brand dead or something? What an obvious fit, especially for someone who hates the Super Stardust aesthetic.

I'm pretty sure the company that makes it is dead. After playing Super Stardust and Geometry wars so much I want to play one where you get to shoot monsters, vehicles, something not retro but I'll take anything on the Vita, really.

Yes.
Activision acquired Bizarre Creations and then subsequently shuttered them back in 2010, I believe, maybe after they finished Blur.

Massa

Anyone else want to get the $20 credit with the referral program? I still have a lot of spots left. All you need is to have bought an US Vita. PM me.

Loving Sly, but eyeballing Rocket Birds and Alien Breed. Any GAF impressions/reviews?

Van Winkle is right on the money with Rocketbirds. It's awesome, as long as you realise it's closest to Flashback than, say, a traditional 16bit shooty platformer.

Alien Breed is great fun. Think a proto-Take No Prisoners. It was great back in the day, and while this rejigged version needs a bigger dead zone for the right stick, you're getting a decent amount of game for the price. It won't wow you, but it's solid where it counts and looks ultra sharp on, ahem, DAT OLED.

DiscoJer

Velocity is an excellent game, but I hope we see more than HD remakes of Minis from them.

Laughing Jackal (another prolific Minis maker) finally announced their first Vita native title...a HD version of Hungry Giraffe. Not only a Mini, but a PS Mobile title.

Kind of deflating. I guess if you haven't played the Minis versions they're new, but I was hoping for more.

DBT85

Some details from the video

"You can use the right stick to fling bombs, we don't think it's a good idea so we included it so you can see why we think it's not a good idea" lol

Also talks about using the touch screen to teleport and why it doesn't always offer the best option and it's clumsy at times. But they included it anyway because we asked for it :D

Also talks about the leaderboards and how it will work on speed missions where people are likly to get the same time. READ: You're all awesome.

NEOGAF GETS A MENTION!

Hopefully out in May, around $7-10 but no definite yet.

Hanmik

Played Wipeout 2048 on my Vita for the first time Yesterday.. an fuck me sideways.. what an ABSOLUTE handheld experience.. amazing game..

I had some earplug headphones on, and I was starting a race. ; Then Prodigy´s "Invaders must die" started.. DAMN.. that was AMAZING.. damn the music, the crisp graphics, the gameplay, the Vita.. they all connected at the same time. It is the best handheld game experience for now..

How come we have early games like that, and newer shit games like COD:Declassified, Resistance etc. ? we all know and have seen that much better stuff can be done on this Handheld console. Wipeout 2048 is a prime example of this.

Sid

Played Wipeout 2048 on my Vita for the first time Yesterday.. an fuck me sideways.. what an ABSOLUTE handheld experience.. amazing game..

I had some earplug headphones on, and I was starting a race. ; Then Prodigy´s "Invaders must die" started.. DAMN.. that was AMAZING.. damn the music, the crisp graphics, the gameplay, the Vita.. they all connected at the same time. It is the best handheld game experience for now..

How come we have early games like that, and newer shit games like COD:Declassified, Resistance etc. ? we all know and have seen that much better stuff can be done on this Handheld console. Wipeout 2048 is a prime example of this.
The more Vita gets older the more it hides away it's power.

DBT85

Don't forget to get the HD and Fury DLC.

Hanmik

Don't forget to get the HD and Fury DLC.

lol.. already had them.. Some company (hmmmm) sent them to me to review when they came out. But I didn´t have Wipeout 2048 and the time to ply them.. now I have so I will definately play them.:! (I have Wipeout on PS3 too, but other games have pulled me away from it, only played like 34½ min. of it.

AlexM

Just bought

psp ghosts and goblins
vagrant story
MK9
final fantasy tactics
King of fighters 99
megaman 4
monster hunter unity
prehistoric isle

total cost was about 70-80$

I've been getting a LOT less work done since I made the purchase.

SiDCrAzY

Finally got the True Ending on 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors on my 3DS, moving on to Virtues Last Reward for the Vita as soon as it arrives in the mail.

First one really was a wonderful game, tedious at times, but a worthwhile experience overall.

Finally got the True Ending on 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors on my 3DS, moving on to Virtues Last Reward for the Vita as soon as it arrives in the mail.

First one really was a wonderful game, tedious at times, but a worthwhile experience overall.

I just finished the true ending on 999 as well. We should hang out. =P

AlexM

I really wish they would bring KOFXIII to Vita

When I googled it I saw an article that said the producer was really interested in porting it to the vita. I really hope it happens!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Had no ideas Urban Trials was also coming to 3DS.
Seems to have an exclusive level editor that can share levels with people.

Personally, I'd still rather get Vita version for the online integration and trophies.

Top Bottom