• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Copenap

Played my first round of PSASBR online and what can I say, it's fun, it really is fun. Even made the 2nd place so I think there is not much stopping me from taking over the leader boards ;)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
310MB according to the web PS Store.

Should be about 326MB? That's what I get when I check the bubble, so it might be with a patch or something.

Thanks, guys :)
Anyone from Europe has experience with using an US PSN account? It seems that the NA PSN doesn't like my credit card, so I'm wondering if I have any other options. :/ I assume locally purchased prepaid vouchers won't work.

Only option is to have US guys purchasing vouchers for you or to buy codes via websites that offer US PSN codes. Usually, you pay 5$ premium for a 50$ card though. Best option is to ask someone on GAF to help out via Paypal.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
some PSP underrated and hidden gems recommendations.

-Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure $15 (Action RPG,for anymore love Zelda)
-Hot Shot Tennis Get a Grip $20(Tennis JRPG)
-LocoRoco Midnight Carnival $7.50 (Ears Killer Platformers)
-Megaman Maverick Hunter X $10 (MMX remake)
-Wild Arms XF $10 (Dead IP simulator)

I have just had really pleasant experiences buying games directly from XSEED. I like giving them my money. :)

well these cheap idiots didn't even renewed Brave Story license.

Anyone from Europe has experience with using an US PSN account? It seems that the NA PSN doesn't like my credit card, so I'm wondering if I have any other options. :/ I assume locally purchased prepaid vouchers won't work.

if you have Amazon.co.uk account, add fake US address (use myUS.com) on your already existing account then enter Amazon.com and you can buy PSN codes that way.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, that's three people to do it. I just need one more and we could do it Saturday. I dunno for all the prize-bubbles, you only need two people or so for that but with lag it's hilariously AWFUL to get those. D:

dsigns1

Played my first round of PSASBR online and what can I say, it's fun, it really is fun. Even made the 2nd place so I think there is not much stopping me from taking over the leader boards ;)

Love the game. If you havent yet do some of the combo trials. It will really help you improve.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
i'm thinking of giving up on Uncharted 50 minutes in. I don't like the little vita feature gimmicks such as the charcoal rubbings and i don't like the aiming for shooting segments.

i felt the same man - stick with it... the touch gimmicks suck you come around to some of them....

but you learn to love the gyro aiming.

someone said the same thing to me when i first started...now im passing on the encouragement.

OmegaZero

Love the game. If you havent yet do some of the combo trials. It will really help you improve.

To add to this, while the combo trials do give you an idea of which moves can be linked to others, they often are too impractical for online use. Use them as a base, but don't try to memorize the later ones.

Munin

Thanks, I bought a card from PCGameSupply now, I'll try the Amazon route next time. At least with the exchange rate the US account is still very much worth it, despite the $5 fee.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
i'm thinking of giving up on Uncharted 50 minutes in. I don't like the little vita feature gimmicks such as the charcoal rubbings and i don't like the aiming for shooting segments.

for every developer it's like this

Dev #1 " OMG!! Vita got dual sticks ..what to do?"
Dev #2 "let shove motion,gyro and touch gimmicks all over our game"

Noi

Well, that's three people to do it. I just need one more and we could do it Saturday. I dunno for all the prize-bubbles, you only need two people or so for that but with lag it's hilariously AWFUL to get those. D:

Yo! I'm game.

I still remember us trying to get the 2x bubbles in that one auto-scroller boss level...

Yo! I'm game.

I still remember us trying to get the 2x bubbles in that one auto-scroller boss level...

I would love to, but I don't have LBP Vita yet =(

for every developer it's like this

Dev #1 " OMG!! Vita got dual sticks ..what to do?"
Dev #2 "let shove motion,gyro and touch gimmicks all over our game"

Kinda like how they felt necessary to shove motion controls into Folklore, amirite?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kinda like how they felt necessary to shove motion controls into Folklore, amirite?

wait
I just put him on my ignore list.

so I'm not on your ignore list anymore?

tumblr_mhoax0q9Ay1rje8eao1_400.gif

So I ended up getting:

Knytt Underground
Big Sky Infinity
FF: Origins
FF VI
FF VII
FF VIII
FF IX
Dissidia 012

and I was finally able to fit Hot Shots: World Invitational, Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles and that giant PSABR patch.. I'm down to like 13 GB already :( I still need to transfer the PSP Sega Genesis Collection, and I was so tempted to get Suikoden and Legend of Dragoon but I couldn't believe there are still PS1 and PSP games that have to be transferred by PS3, it makes zero sense why we still have to put up with this. I was considering getting FF III, IV and V just to play through them all again at some point but screw having to transfer them over :\

I still have to finish reloading and resyncing my trophy lists too :\

FFIV: Complete should be downloadable through the store, I thought.
Also, FFV is not compatible, period.

Why? :O
I guess it's relaxing and good for some mindless fun, but not worth the price imo.

It's on sale for like $5 and is still crossbuy. Seems like an okay reason?

Copenap

To add to this, while the combo trials do give you an idea of which moves can be linked to others, they often are too impractical for online use. Use them as a base, but don't try to memorize the later ones.

Thanks for the tips, will do that and I think I'm gonna focus on Raiden for now.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
if you have Amazon.co.uk account, add fake US address (use myUS.com) on your already existing account then enter Amazon.com and you can buy PSN codes that way.

Wait what, I can use Amazon.co.uk to buy stuff from Amazon.com, meaning the credit card information would work? Because you cant buy off amazon.com if you make a new account and enter EU CC data.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I think it's an awesome example of how to do a shooter on a handheld. Also, it's looks damned nice, too.

for a PSP game maybe.

Wait what, I can use Amazon.co.uk to buy stuff from Amazon.com, meaning the credit card information would work? Because you cant buy off amazon.com if you make a new account and enter EU CC data.

Amazon.com and UK share the same account and CC info, go now and enter Amazon.com with your Amazon.co.uk email and password.

for PSN stuff (and Steam codes from Amazon.com) just add a fake US address (within your account) and use your CC.

I buy from both Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uK with my third world country CC,it work.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
No, you are. Sometimes I can't resist hitting that "show post" button to see what craziness you're spouting, though. I love to hate you, Toto. <3

haha - i figure anythign worthwhile (or not) toto has to say gets quoted anyways...

just started ustilizing the ignore list a few days ago... its a godsend, though makes posts more like a scratch-off lottery ticket... you dont know whats beneath!

Munin

I'm thinking of buying Trails in the Sky but I've been wondering if it's heavy on the...well, otaku pandering and such? Cause I want a great PSP RPG but I'm kind of...sensitive with anime stuff. If it's that kind of game with grating female underage characters and everything it's probably not for me. Could anyone suggest another game? Is Dissidia any good?

Noi

I'm thinking of buying Trails in the Sky but I've been wondering if it's heavy on the...well, otaku pandering and such? Cause I want a great PSP RPG but I'm kind of...sensitive with anime stuff. If it's that kind of game with grating female underage characters and everything it's probably not for me. Could anyone suggest another game? Is Dissidia any good?

Trails in the Sky is like the least pandering localized JRPG last gen. So no problem in that regard.

Toma

Dissidia is not an RPG and despite lot of content a bit hard to recommend in my opinion since the gameplay is very hit and miss. TitS has quite a few political themes. They make the occasional stupid joke, though, but its lighthearted.

Munin

Thanks a lot, I'll buy it then. One final question (I'm a new Vitabro after all), I've been debating on getting PS+, but I wonder how the free games stuff is handled? Does Sony rotate these games in and out? Meaning that at some point I couldn't play them anymore? Is it worth getting PS+ if I just have a Vita and no PS3?

TitS is an SRPG, though, right? I've been looking for a traditional battle style RPG. Been playing FFIX, but I want something different, ya know? Any recommendations?

Shoyz

Thanks a lot, I'll buy it then. One final question (I'm a new Vitabro after all), I've been debating on getting PS+, but I wonder how the free games stuff is handled? Does Sony rotate these games in and out? Meaning that at some point I couldn't play them anymore? Is it worth getting PS+ if I just have a Vita and no PS3?

I grabbed a single month for $6. Can't beat that price for a month of Gravity Rush, Wipeout, Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden and whatever they might add a week from now.

Toma

PS+ is very much worth it, even for Vita alone.
PS+ sees at least one new game every month for Vita.
PS+ allows you to keep all the PS+ games as long as you are PS+ member. Even if they have been rotated out again.
PS+ is pretty much the most awesome thing in gaming atm and deserves to be supported.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

the games get rotated out yes, but as long as you have something "purchased" it stays tied to your account. so even if the game gets rotated out or you delete the game from your vita you can go back to the store and redownload for free. but once your sub ends you no longer get to play the game.

as for part two.... i cant give an accurate opinion because i have a ps3.... i would say yes it is worth it, the amount you spend on a yearly sub is worth the price of the games you can download and play/beat/try... it really saves you from wasting money on empty purchases , getting delicious discounts, and playing games that you otherwise overlook. so i say yes....

zulux21

you get games changed every month. As long as you "purchase" the game before they are removed then you can play them whenever as long as you are a plus subscriber (this includes if you have a lapse in your plus account and come back later)

As for if it is worth getting PS+ if you just have a vita.... well on one side you will be getting $15-$60 worth of vita games a month with PS+ for the price (if you bought a year) on average is $4.20 or so per month... on the other side you have no control what those games are and might not be worth anything to you. you also have discounts and cloud saves and a few other things but it's a tough recommendation if you just have a vita...

now if you are thinking about getting a ps3 at some point... it becomes a much easier sell because you could just use the playstation store website and buy the ps3 games through there and have a list of ps3 games should you ever get a ps3. It's an easy sell then because there is a ton of games and likely to be at least one thing that is to your liking.

Munin

Thanks guys!! Now I've got about 10 bucks left. Probably getting a PSOne title and some Mini, then should be busy for a while. Already love this thing.

Top Bottom