• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
what persona 4 has a slow start... why I never

quote from my unpublished persona 4 review I am still polishing :p

last I checked I had 87 ps2 JRPGs that I hadn't played in my collection... After my wife got a decent paying job in 2009 we went through and got pretty much every english published JRPG for the ps2... I am missing a couple really obscure ones or really expensive ones but I have most of them.

OT, sorry: Worst PS2 RPG you actually played?

I cant tell you how much I'd love my PS2 RPG backlog on Vita. Man. Such a pity.

RoylAsult

So quick question about the cross play. I just got sly and downloaded it to my Vita, now is that copy mine forever even if i sell back the PS3 disk? is it a one time download only or something?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So quick question about the cross play. I just got sly and downloaded it to my Vita, now is that copy mine forever even if i sell back the PS3 disk? is it a one time download only or something?

That copy is now bound to your PSN account. You can just sell the PS3 game if you so desire.

that copies yours forever. The next person who owns the disc won't be able to download it though

zulux21

OT, sorry: Worst PS2 RPG you actually played?

I cant tell you how much I'd love my PS2 RPG backlog on Vita. Man. Such a pity.

off the top of my head I would have to give From Software some love and say Eternal Ring. I am sure there is something else and I know I own worse (unlimited saga, chaos wars) but I couldn't get into that one back when it first came out and have never gotten around to touching it again.

Yeah I would love to see more ps2 remakes on the vita, or just some sequels... hello dark cloud 3 and jade cocoon 3 lol

Munin

The game have an internal expiration timer which expires with the date it updated when you downloaded the game.

Sorry but can you clarify what that means? The game has a set expiration date that is then updated periodically depending on if I'm still subscribed?

zulux21

Sorry but can you clarify what that means? The game has a set expiration date that is then updated periodically depending on if I'm still subscribed?

if your plus sub expires 5/5/2015 when you download the game it will have a timer that expires on 5/5/2015 and until then you should be able to play it offline just fine. If you add another year to the sub to make it 5/5/2016 though the game's time won't auto update so when 5/5/2015 comes you will have to start the game while connected to the internet one time to play it until 5/5/2016

for the record i chose 5/5/2015 because it's easy to type and is my expiration date lol

Velcro Fly

I think if Atlus put the PSP Persona games on sale for 50% off I'd buy them all again. I'm sick of playing RPGs on my PSP. Just in the mood for some turn based RPGs and I have enough of them on the DS/3DS.

Toma

I think if Atlus put the PSP Persona games on sale for 50% off I'd buy them all again. I'm sick of playing RPGs on my PSP. Just in the mood for some turn based RPGs and I have enough of them on the DS/3DS.

That just happened 2 months ago, guess you might need to wait a bit.

a gentle reminder to anyone (like myself) who may've forgotten:

04.jpg

shipping 2 weeks from yesterday!...

breakfuss

Gahhh, I'm craving a serious platformer for the vita. Nothing seems to be scratching that itch. I hate that I already beat Rayman on Ps3.

zulux21

Now thats serious.

it is as long as he meant challenging :p
though a lot of people are turned off by the fact that the jumps work like they do in real life (aka you can't magically change direction in mid air :p)

Never heard of this game, what kinda game is it? Will it be import friendly? O and any chances of it coming west?

Dynasty warriors with boobs lots of boobs, the story is likely garbage just there to make excuses for more boobs so I don't see why it wouldn't be all that import friendly, there is a small chance it would be picked up but I wouldn't count on it.

zulux21

Haha, I meant to say, "seriously craving".

I don't take back my Prinny answer, it was one of my favorite platformers from this/last gen in general not just of the platformers available on the vita :p

You have to not mind not being able to correct your jumps in mid air though.
And you have to not mind dying... you are given 1k lives for a reason.
and you have to not mind not being able to finish the game unless you are a real badass as the final boss is just UGH @_@ so hard.

i would definitely be interested in a more expanded game no doubt...100% NOT a bad game...i just wouldnt recommend it...like i said spend the 5 bucks elsewhere...wait for Surge: Ultra!

I think Surge cost $3.50.

Gahhh, I'm craving a serious platformer for the vita. Nothing seems to be scratching that itch. I hate that I already beat Rayman on Ps3.

Play Rayman again. I platinum'ed it twice in a year (PS3 then Vita).

I bought war z so yeah, I own bad games :(

Apparently I like bad games and dislike good ones. :p
Can I join the club?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I spent $30 on PSN yesterday, and I'm pleased.

I got:

PlayStation All Stars "Fearless" Stage - $1.99
PlayStation All Stars "Minion Super Pack 1" (couldn't resist those pointless cheerleaders!) $6.99
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken - $9.99
Final Fantasy VI - $4.99
Final Fantasy IX - $4.99

I'll be picking up Sly: TiT, next month, and Persona 4: Golden, the month after that.

Jomjom

Banned
Quick PSA: Basically if you haven't heard, Sony is running a promotion where people convince and refer people to buy PS Vitas. Only people with the Sony or Playstation Credit Card can refer. Both people (the referror and the referree) get PSN cash.

If you have a Playstation card you can go here Referral Program homepage and create an account and begin referring friends. However, since Sony does not have a Club Nintendo type of program where you can register your systems, any Vita can be used for the referral, even Vitas bought at launch.

So if you are a Playstation credit card holder, you can essentially refer yourself (if you own a Vita) and others.

If you don't have a Playstation credit card or don't know anyone who does, you can also use me as your referral to get a $20 PSN code, by clicking here. I guess we can think of this as Sony's ambassador program?

Just updating, Sony has finally began validating the referrals. They also fixed the form, so my previous instruction of adding the "0" after the letters and before the numbers is not correct. The form is working correctly now, so all you need to do is enter the 9 digit number after the letters. So if your code is DC123456789, just enter 123456789 and it should take it. So please do the referral again if you tried before. This number is the one on the left on the bottom of the Vita, NOT the right.

Just updating, Sony has finally began validating the referrals. There was a lot of confusion about what to enter for the serial, but now that they have validated, we now know that the correct way is to replace the first two letters with a zero ("0") like I have stated above. If you used my number to refer, please do it again before February 28 to make sure you get your $20 PSN credit.
Is this confirmed? I don't wanna go around to everyone and spread false hope. ): I know only about 4 of my referrals went through.

Didn't XSEED announce their entire lineup/schedule for this year? I really wish they'd give Senran Kagura a chance, that it could come over here. Maybe if enough of us import someone will consider localizing it :S

Just updating, Sony has finally began validating the referrals. There was a lot of confusion about what to enter for the serial, but now that they have validated, we now know that the correct way is to replace the first two letters with a zero ("0") like I have stated above. If you used my number to refer, please do it again before February 28 to make sure you get your $20 PSN credit.

This is totally not what I did - I just added an extra 0 at the end. Grimmy tells me it went through anyway.

Where have they stated that? I simply put a blank space between the letters and the numbers.

I wish I still had my launch unit serial number.

Noi

Nope. I told all my referrals to add a 0 at the end and I have both successful and failed referrals. It's still anyone's guess.

Jomjom

Banned
Is this confirmed? I don't wanna go around to everyone and spread false hope. ): I know only about 4 of my referrals went through.

Actually I just looked it up again, and the 0 thing is also wrong. Someone on the CAG forums said you just enter the numbers now. No letters. I've updated my post to correct that.

Jomjom

Banned
This is totally not what I did - I just added an extra 0 at the end. Grimmy tells me it went through anyway.

Strange. Because I referred myself and I know I added a 0 and mine got rejected. As did my close real life friends who I told to do the same thing. Everyone I told to add a 0 got rejected. I still have no successful referrals as of now. Did he tell you this just recently? Maybe he meant "Successful - Pending" and not actually successful?

It's only in the last couple of days that I notice that they actually changed status from Pending to truly Successful.

It let me sign up without the 'DC', only the 9 numbers. So they fixed that glitch.

I think that is the correct way. Back then their form wouldn't take just the numbers for some reason and we needed to add an extra 0.

Nope. I told all my referrals to add a 0 at the end and I have both successful and failed referrals. It's still anyone's guess.

You actually got the successful ones where it tells you how much PSN credit you're getting?

Alien Breed is pretty good btw. I already bought the PSM version so I feel like a sucker, though. :/

There's no micro-transactions like the PSM version, which is good. You get all the Alien Breed levels/add-ons, which I don't think you do in the PSM or iOS versions.

It's cross-buy and play. Has online and ad-hoc co-op. Controls great with dual sticks.

I thought it came with the 'original' mode as was as 'enhanced' mode but I can't find any way of choosing anything other than 'enhanced'. Maybe I'm derping out.

With regards to Alien Breed, never understood why Team17 didn't bring over the remake they did on PSN/XBLA, rather than the original one. But maybe thats just me, probably cheaper to do.

Strange. Because I referred myself and I know I added a 0 and mine got rejected. As did my close real life friends who I told to do the same thing. Everyone I told to add a 0 got rejected. I still have no successful referrals as of now. Did he tell you this just recently? Maybe he meant "Successful - Pending" and not actually successful?
I looked yesterday(when it was updated), and nope, StarCreator is all good. Says his name and "Success - Closed".

Munin

I wanted to buy Sine Mora but it seems I accidentally purchased the PS3 version :((( I realized too late that the game had 2 different SKUs listed on PSN, unlike, well, almost every other multiplatform game.

Do Sony refund purchases at all? :/ I've tried to get a hold of some sort of support e-mail address but apparently they only take calls? And I'm not sure if I should call since I have a NA account while I'm actually based in Europe. :/

Top Bottom