• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Shoyz

I wanted to buy Sine Mora but it seems I accidentally purchased the PS3 version :((( I realized too late that the game had 2 different SKUs listed on PSN, unlike, well, almost every other multiplatform game.

Do Sony refund purchases at all? :/ I've tried to get a hold of some sort of support e-mail address but apparently they only take calls? And I'm not sure if I should call since I have a NA account while I'm actually based in Europe. :/

Couldn't hurt to try. Can't see why they couldn't swap versions, refund aside.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Just for fun, thought I'd share my current Vita library. Only 5 of those titles are retail, the rest are downloaded onto my 32GB card. I don't know why I can't stop myself from buying shit, but most of my gaming time is on the bus ride to work. My PS3 doesn't get much gaming on a daily basis, due to work, so I save Ni No Kuni for the weekends.

On the bus to and from work, I have 10 hours of free game time a week to take advantage of. The Vita has been a frigging Godsend in terms of making the LA commute to and from work bearable.

Anyway, here's my library!

8476559991_0386a23316_b.jpg
8476560243_b9098f54b7_b.jpg

8477651354_2f89e1723e_b.jpg
8476561629_9f382776ff_b.jpg

8477651832_5c38fd1238_b.jpg

I'm really trying to chip away at it, but some games are really hard to pull away from. I can kill a whole bus ride playing PlayStation All Stars and Kyntt Underground.

ZeroAKA

I'm in the process of PMing all of the people who used my referral about the new serial code method (that 30 second flood control). If you don't get one, I might have missed you by mistake. PM me if you're still interested.

Kyon

Banned
I'm in the process of PMing all of the people who used my referral about the new serial code method (that 30 second flood control). If you don't get one, I might have missed you by mistake. PM me if you're still interested.

What new method? What happened?

Odrion

Banned
Just for fun, though I'd share my current Vita library. Only 5 of those titles are retail, the rest are downloaded onto my 32GB card. I don't know why I can't stop myself from buying shit, but most of my gaming time is on the bus ride to work. My PS3 doesn't get much gaming on a daily basis, due to work, so I save Ni No Kuni for the weekends.

On the bus to and from work, I have 10 hours of free game time to take advantage of. The Vita has been a frigging Godsend in terms of making the LA commute to and from work bearable.

Anyway, here's my library!

I'm really trying to chip away at it, but some games are really hard to pull away from. I can kill a whole bus ride playing PlayStation All Stars and Kyntt Underground.
Where did you get your wallpapers form?

What new method? What happened?
A bunch of referrals didn't work(yours included). ): I'm trying to find a solution before I contact those who referrals didn't go through. I was talking to Xenoflux and the site let him insert his actual serial number that time, so maybe...?

Could you elaborate on this? Almost all of my referrals were not successfull, so I'd like to send them some instructions to try again ;)

Kyon

Banned
A bunch of referrals didn't work(yours included). ): I'm trying to find a solution before I contact those who referrals didn't go through. I was talking to Xenoflux and the site let him insert his actual serial number that time, so maybe...?

And you didn't tell me anything ;__;

Jomjom

Banned
From what it sounds like on CAG, people emailed Sony about it and the told them it's the 9 numbers between DC and PCH on what is actually the Barcode Number and not the Serial Number. Of course Sony reps could just be talking out of their ass.

But there are people who said all of their 9 number ones went through, but there are also some who have gotten accepted with the 0 added.

Basically I'm telling my referrals to enter the "XXXXXXXXX" part of the "DCXXXXXXXXX-PCH10001" that is on the bottom left of the Vita.

All we know is that the form must take a 9 digit number. If the above doesn't work again, I'm going to suggest just entering the Serial number because that is also 9 numbers (ex: DCXXXXXXX)

I'm sorry! Like I said, I'm waiting for real instructions on how to get it to work. I don't want people wasting their time a second time only for it to not work yet again. <3

Same here, any euro Vitabros managed to register their EU serials successfully? There is no "DC" on my Vita serial No., but HC and only 7 numbers after it.

Jomjom

Banned
I'm sorry! Like I said, I'm waiting for real instructions on how to get it to work. I don't want people wasting their time a second time only for it to not work yet again. <3

I get the feeling we won't ever know for sure. I'm afraid the people behind the validations are just doing it manually, which would explain why all forms of entering the code have gone through. For example, maybe one employee just accepts everything, while another is a hardass and rejects everything.

It's obviously not automatically validated because there are some that are still pending. If it was we would know immediately if someone was rejected or accepted.

In any case anyone who signed up with me for referrals will get a email personally once it goes through.

Yeah it accepted the serial number this time where last time it wouldn't. Fingers crossed it works.

Takao

Banned
I've got some comments on the new PlayStation All-Stars Bomba Royale DLC. I wonder if Toyama had anything to do with Kat's story mode. The language she and Gade speak sounds very little like the language in the actual game. It was to the point where I wondered if the same voice actors reprised their roles because they sounded so different. Looking through the credits Sanae Kobayashi, and Binbin Takaoka did indeed come back as Kat, and Gade in All-Stars. I don't know, I guess maybe it's because in Gravity Rush there is little actual voice acting, and that change startled me. The comic art doesn't look to have been done by Xebec (who did the cutscenes in Gravity Rush, and the Gravity Days webcomic) either, and in the credits sequence Toyama is not specifically thanked. It's just a "Thanks to the Gravity Rush team" thing...

Noi

I agree, I didn't think Kat and Gade sounded at all like they're original roles in the story mode, but she sounds fine in-game. Then again, in-game is mostly her usual grunts and yells.

I've got some comments on the new PlayStation All-Stars Bomba Royale DLC. I wonder if Toyama had anything to do with Kat's story mode. The language she and Gade speak sounds very little like the language in the actual game. It was to the point where I wondered if the same voice actors reprised their roles because they sounded so different. Looking through the credits Sanae Kobayashi, and Binbin Takaoka did indeed come back as Kat, and Gade in All-Stars. I don't know, I guess maybe it's because in Gravity Rush there is little actual voice acting, and that change startled me. The comic art doesn't look to have been done by Xebec (who did the cutscenes in Gravity Rush, and the Gravity Days webcomic) either, and in the credits sequence Toyama is not specifically thanked. It's just a "Thanks to the Gravity Rush team" thing...

Isn't it just French?

I get the feeling we won't ever know for sure. I'm afraid the people behind the validations are just doing it manually, which would explain why all forms of entering the code have gone through. For example, maybe one employee just accepts everything, while another is a hardass and rejects everything.

It's obviously not automatically validated because there are some that are still pending. If it was we would know immediately if someone was rejected or accepted.

In any case anyone who signed up with me for referrals will get a email personally once it goes through.
I'm trying to find out who put in what with the few people I sent them out to. So far, I found out that 2 put their serial nubmer and a 0 and it worked, and another put the digits under the barcode. This is too confusinggggg

Isn't it just French?
It's a made up language influenced French and Japanese.

Jomjom

Banned
I'm trying to find out who put in what with the few people I sent them out to. So far, I found out that 2 put their serial nubmer and a 0 and it worked, and another put the digits under the barcode. This is too confusinggggg

Like I said, random employees just unilaterally deciding what gets accepted and what doesn't.

morch

picked up a used 3g vita and 8gb memory card for ~£125 today... been accepting everytihng on the eu psn plus for like the past few months, what do you recommend from all the ps+ games, i've put psp powerstone collection, capcom classics with street fighter and vice city stories on for psp goodness...

console has a small nick in screen but not in gameplay area, so i can put with that...

Also i go tokyo in a few weeks, thinking senran kagura so i can be a perv on the train lol

Takao

Banned
Haven't heard about it. although there is something related to AC that'll piss off a few vita fans.

Probably a new game for 3DS while Vita gets nothing. I don't see Liberation getting ported to PS3/360 in a year with another AC game, unless the next one is solely PS4/720/PC.

Couldn't hurt to try. Can't see why they couldn't swap versions, refund aside.

Not likely. They're better about refunds for bullshit situations (read: Big Sky Infinite "I bought crossbuy using PS3 and it doesn't work on my Vita" or "I bought something on sale and you adjusted the sale price within 30 minutes to be what it was *supposed* to be"), but I don't really see them saying "okay, we'll refund you" to a mistaken purchase -- I had a huge argument with them about their business practices back in the Dec 2010 timeframe and it led to a bunch of changes, but they predicated most of their conversations back then with something along the lines of "no refunds ever.".

Can't hurt to try, as you say, but I wouldn't get my hopes up and wouldn't expect much.

Patapon 3 will be Vita-compatible next week! HALLELUJAH!

Wonder what the price is these days -- I own 2 because it was a dirt cheap voucher off eBay... don't have 1 or 3 as of yet. Haven't actually tried it yet either.

....There are SNK/NeoGeo collections for PSP?

I love my Capcom Classics PSP games. I'm all about this.

Sorry for the late reply. GAF was acting up on my iPhone. Anyhow, there are 3 PSP collections that I know of. A SNK Arcade Classics collection that has a lot of the early SNK stuff, a SamSho collection, and of course the Metal Slug Anthology. As a big NeoGeo fan, and an MVS owner, these are really appealing to me, but I'm not sure how they compare to the individually sold games that seem to have great emulation. If anyone has some info/advice on these PSP games, I would greatly appreciate some impressions.

I went to redownload the PSP Genesis Collection when I thought to check if I backed it up to my PS3's HDD - I did. Sooooooo happy!!

Also with the new rumor of the PS4 streaming PS3 games as a form of backwards compatibility, who else is hoping that Sony utilizes Gaikai to FINALLY do remote play properly? I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high but if they want to be really competitive, they'll have to use Gaikai for more than just B/C.

Top Bottom