• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Miutsu

Awesome stuff!
Where was this contest?

The contest was about getting the fastest time in stage 4-7 (i think? The one where you just run to the end) and sending a screenshot of the result screen to their email. They posted about it in their Facebook page but also in the Live area for the game they posted a notification with a link to the contest details :)

In the end I sent a time of 00:31 and Im still not sure if its possible to go lower than that, the game doesnt show milis in the results.

EDIT: Top of the page recomendation:

Dokuro for puzzle and cuteness overload!
Sound Shapes for music lovers.
Alundra for Zelda like gameplay.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

kiyomi

So, back in January I won second place in a Dokuro contest held in the US, I received the prize little after but only today I've had the chance to get my hands on it.

The prizes were:

- Dokuro themed coffee cup.
- Dokuro themed cleaning cloth (microfiber i think?).
- A soundtrack CD with 33 songs.
- A piece of cute artwork *_*

Excuse the bad quality but photos where taken with the Vita's camera because my phone's camera sucks ass (even more) and who knows where my old digital camera is.

Closeups in the gallery: http://min.us/mbmBHk0azKr8Jv

Love it :)

Buy/Play Dokuro people!

That picture is cute. How's the soundtrack? I'll definitely pick up Dokuro at some point, but I know I already have too big a backlog right now to buy it.

SnK-Artisan-Street.jpg

Looks so pretty ;-; Wish it comes over here, but for anyone to consider it means EVERYONE MUST BUY YS CELCETA!!!

Looks very cool. And I will be buying Celceta, for sure. I would tell you to play TitS but then I kinda realised I haven't played it much, either. :x Too many RPGs!

Need to do this month's Gravity Rush challenge as well even though I'm completely terrible at those events.

Munin

God this thing is almost the sexiest piece of hardware I've ever owned. I'm glad I went for the Vita over the 3DS because of the region lock, even though I'll still get the latter, but I haven't been this happy with a purchase since a long time.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I finally booted up FFIX on the Vita yesterday, and holy crap does it look great on that screen!

Square did a fantastic job with the character models and backgrounds in FFIX. It really is amazing. FFVI looks fantastic on the OLED as well. I simply love how colorful pixel art pops on the screen. I'm really enjoying revisiting these 2D classics on my Vita.

Miutsu

That picture is cute. How's the soundtrack? I'll definitely pick up Dokuro at some point, but I know I already have too big a backlog right now to buy it.

Haven't listened to it yet (I'm also halfway through the game so I haven't heard all the songs), thinking of ripping it and saving it someplace to never be opened again.

SnK-Artisan-Street.jpg

Looks so pretty ;-; Wish it comes over here, but for anyone to consider it means EVERYONE MUST BUY YS CELCETA!!!
I don't think it'll come out over here anytime soon, but the Vita games XSEED has put out so far have seemingly done pretty well, since they're still bringing more over.

but i'm buying ys anyway so hey

breakfuss

Just started playing wipeout per someone's recommendation here. I don't know whyyyy I thought differently before, but this game is awesome. My initial ambivalence might have had something to do with the basic nature of the gameplay when you first begin, but a few races in and things really get interesting (different upgrades, pods, weapons, etc). I may even enjoy it more than the ps3 version. It's especially engrossing with a pair of good headphones! So, yeah, to anyone who wasn't impressed on the first boot up, give it some time, as it gets really good. I'll now definitely buy Sonic Transformed on vita, as it's proven to me it can be competent home for racers.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I finally booted up FFIX on the Vita yesterday, and holy crap does it look great on that screen!

Square did a fantastic job with the character models and backgrounds in FFIX. It really is amazing. FFVI looks fantastic on the OLED as well. I simply love how colorful pixel art pops on the screen. I'm really enjoying revisiting these 2D classics on my Vita.

oooh, a superior Folklore brother in the Vita thread!!! hell yeah.

(didn't know you have a Vita)

folklore00.gif

let us dream together.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
oooh, a superior Folklore brother in the Vita thread!!! hell yeah.

(didn't know you have a Vita)

folklore00.gif

let us dream together.

Wait, is that...Folklore...running on a Vita through remote play?

*starts to hyperventilate*

No, no, no. I have no desire to have a custom firmware PS3. None at all. I'll just wait for Sony to make remote play awesome...

*cries in a corner*

Also, yeah, I bought a 3G Vita day one last year. I fricking love it! I keep getting more games for it, but I can't help myself, though. I know I must be one of the few people on GAF that don't run out and buy every game day one, but I haven't had a lack of things to play on my Vita in ever. Day 1, I had 10 games to play (5 Vita, 5 PSP). I now have over 50+, all a mix between Vita, PSP, and PS1. I owned a PSP, but I missed out on so many games.

I still have to get TiTs, Persona 4, Sly: TiT, and any other game that has TiT in the title somewhere. Then there's Soul Sacrifice, that Ys game, Zero Escape, etc. Just too much stuff to play. Why do I have to love RPGs so much? I just don't have the time between work, and my wife to play much! Poor me. Lol.

@ Sid: I will fight you.

I may not agree with Toto on a lot of stuff, but our mutual love/obsession? with Folklore is what binds us.

DigitalOp

Banned
Folklore has remote play?

Modded PS3's with games installed on their harddrive become a wonderland for Vita Remote Play since it tricks the PS3 into thinking it's not running anything in a official way

Games like Battlefield 3 and Read Dead Redemption get remote play. I've seen Batman Arkham Asylum running as well too.

Its def worth the investment to buy a cheap PS3, rip your games to a modded harddrive and have stupid fun with Vita remote play while its connected to the internet (or local remote connection is always better)

Wait, is that...Folklore...running on a Vita through remote play?

*starts to hyperventilate*

No, no, no. I have no desire to have a custom firmware PS3. None at all. I'll just wait for Sony to make remote play awesome...

Sony just doesnt understand how friggin ill this feature is. Once again the gaming population has to take it into their own hands to really use it. Pisses me of kinda because it sucks compared to what it really could have been

I've read a lot about how pixel games looks amazing on Vita. I'm keen on replaying FF6 and beating it this time. How does it run though? I remember that there was lag when you opened the game menu. Can someone elaborate?

Thanks.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Modded PS3's with games installed on their harddrive become a wonderland for Vita Remote Play since it tricks the PS3 into thinking it's not running anything in a official way

Games like Battlefield 3 and Read Dead Redemption get remote play. I've seen Batman Arkham Asylum running as well too.

Its def worth the investment to buy a cheap PS3, rip your games to a modded harddrive and have stupid fun with Vita remote play while its connected to the internet (or local remote connection is always better)

Sony just doesnt understand how friggin ill this feature is. Once again the gaming population has to take it into their own hands to really use it. Pisses me of kinda because it sucks compared to what it really could have been

I agree. I think so many people would be more inclined to rush out and purchase both a Vita and a PS3, if they could play something like Red Dead Redemption and inFAMOUS, and other shit on the go.

I have a feeling they are waiting for this PS4 stuff, and then utilizing their Gaikai acquisition before they revamp Remote Play for the Vita.

I've read a lot about how pixel games looks amazing on Vita. I'm keen on replaying FF6 and beating it this time. How does it run though? I remember that there was lag when you opened the game menu. Can someone elaborate?

Thanks.

However it ran on PSOne is how it runs on Vita.
Have fun. :p

You know when the CFW stuff came out where you could stream PS3 stuff to the Vita, it made me really angry at how some guys did it while Sony's entire divisions of software engineers and such can't do it, or maybe they're not even trying to. They put remote play out there and then abandoned it, such a shame and a waste :\

That's the thing. I don't know how it ran on PS1.

Pretty terrible, IMO... but this video makes it seem like it somehow loads faster than it did back when I played it on my PS2 and quit around the time you get to Edgar's castle because I couldn't stand the load times for the random battles.

You can probably get a good idea watching this, from where I link it. You can see the load times for the menu bring up and random battles in there... it should be the same on Vita as it is on PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVT4wKYFI00#t=876s

Copenap

Man, I'm really getting into PSASBR. Yesterday I was playing on the couch with headphones while the misses was watching tv and I had top constantly giggle because the guy I was playing against had his mic on and was commenting on the really close game, so funny when I balanced the score literally in the last second and he just screamed "NOOOOOOOOOO!". Btw I won in overtime.

Noi

Also: Corrosive, Noi, on? Where's the other dude(s)? I'm updating LBPort 2 right now to the latest version and then getting on.

Same here. I already have the First Among Equals trophy, so I'm just there to fill in the space and work on 25 Versus wins.

Munin

So I bought a EU Vita with LBP, but I'm using a NA account. Is there any way I can use the online pass voucher? :/ Since it obviously doesn't activate. I guess I have to re-buy it huh? I don't quite understand this whole Online Pass business anyway. Why do I need to purchase additional online functionality? If it came free with the game anyway, why does it exist as a separate store item? Surely not only for odd account circumstances like mine. Does Sony do this on PS3 as well?

TheSeks

So I bought a EU Vita with LBP, but I'm using a NA account. Is there any way I can use the online pass voucher? :/ Since it obviously doesn't activate. I guess I have to re-buy it huh? I don't quite understand this whole Online Pass business anyway. Why do I need to purchase additional online functionality? If it came free with the game anyway, why does it exist as a separate store item? Surely not only for odd account circumstances like mine. Does Sony do this on PS3 as well?

Yes. It's to counter "used" sales, but it really doesn't.

@Noi: I sent requests to the two others since Corrosive isn't on, if I don't notice anything by 3:45, I guess we'll have to try tomorrow afternoon. *sigh*

Noi

@Noi: I sent requests to the two others since Corrosive isn't on, if I don't notice anything by 3:45, I guess we'll have to try tomorrow afternoon. *sigh*

Do you not have the 25 Versus Levels done? We could work on those in the meantime, I have a level queue'd up just for it.

Kyon

Banned
Yes. It's to counter "used" sales, but it really doesn't.

It's more them trying to get some money out of used games haha

TheSeks

Eh, I'd rather have the 4 player count toward that so it's killing two birds with one stone, you know?

TheSeks

I haven't been checking this thread often since I've been busy with Ninja Gaiden or Battlefield 3 or Work.

TheSeks

Er, why does Ninja Gaiden turn my Wifi off?

To save battery life. This is common with most titles that don't have a multiplayer option.

Anyway: Noi, let's try tomorrow since Corrosive will be here if he isn't here this evening. We still need one more person for it though. D:

So I finally got through restoring all my trophy lists and I noticed Wipeout 2048 is yelling at me about an online pass... I definitely bought it new and redeemed the pass before. Wtf? I don't have the code anymore, at least I don't think I do. Is there a way of redownloading the online pass? My download list literally has thousands of things in it so I don't feel like going through it all.

Accidentally deleted Gravity Rush while trying to delete the Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed Demo...

Ugh... was Half-way through Gravity Rush. Does the Vita delete game-saves when the rest of the game download is deleted? I think it does. I like Gravity Rush, but not enough to replay through half of it again...

TheSeks

So I finally got through restoring all my trophy lists and I noticed Wipeout 2048 is yelling at me about an online pass... I definitely bought it new and redeemed the pass before. Wtf? I don't have the code anymore, at least I don't think I do. Is there a way of redownloading the online pass? My download list literally has thousands of things in it so I don't feel like going through it all.

Check your PSN account management "services" area to see if the online pass is there. If it isn't, there's your problem.

Ugh... was Half-way through Gravity Rush. Does the Vita delete game-saves when the rest of the game download is deleted? I think it does. I like Gravity Rush, but not enough to replay through half of it again...

Yes, it does. Sorry man. Blame Sony for being overly paranoid for that.

JoshHood

Just search for the pass in the Store and it should be marked as purchased so you can re download it :)

Well that sucks...

So Fifa 13 is on sale for the Vita at Bestbuy for $19.99. Last time I played Fifa was Fifa 06. Is Fifa 13 any good for the Vita? Anyone here have it?

OmegaZero

I haven't been checking this thread often since I've been busy with Ninja Gaiden or Battlefield 3 or Work.

I've been fairly busy with college homework
and Playstation All Stars and Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge
so I haven't been too active here either.

Checked the referral and only 2 of the 11 I sent out were successful. Anyone who just got a vita want a referral? Shoot me a pm if interested

Jstein0222 and yella were successful
Phantomoftheknight is still showing pending

Top Bottom