• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Skyzard

Banned
Well I fired up my Vita and went to the store looking for games I'd like to play, turns out there's quite a few:

Hot Shots Golf
Knytt Underground
MGS3
Rayman Origins
Sine Mora
Sly
Sonic Racing

Which of these games would you guys recommend?

I have them all (except Sly which is still not out here), haven't played KU yet (got it with PS+) but they're all good really, don't think you'd go wrong with any. Pick what sort of game you feel like playing.

Yopis

I'm so impressed with Gravity Rush, even though the controls are wonky as hell. But the presentation is the best I've seen among the Vita games I've played so far. The whole thing feels like a playable BONES anime, and the music is stunning. And all those little touches like the crowd noises, the airships in the distance... I'd love a sequel that's more open world, and with improved controls.

Yeah feel the same. Reminds me of the first Assasins Creed. Big world but limited interaction with It. Would love next game to be more fleshed out. Really loved that game, GR was the title that sold me fully on Vita.

The M.O.B

Well I fired up my Vita and went to the store looking for games I'd like to play, turns out there's quite a few:

Hot Shots Golf
Knytt Underground
MGS3
Rayman Origins
Sine Mora
Sly
Sonic Racing

Which of these games would you guys recommend?

Bolded

Skip Sly, Sonic racing and HSG for sure.

Picked up MLB 12 tonight for 15 bucks. After playing through a quick exibition game consider me impressed. Except for the horribly pixelated crowd the game is darn near console quality in terms of lighting, character models, and animation. It's amazing how far we've come.

The M.O.B

You're crazy. Everyone should own Hot Shots Golf

Nah, it's just a much uglier and lighter version of Out of Bounds and there are better HSG games out there. This one is just stale and doesn't try much different from other HSG games. If he doesn't own any other Sony platform is the only way I would suggest getting HSG:WI.

I've played too many HSG games to settle for this one.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
awesome time playing with you vitabros... good run throughout it all.

had a couple in and outs. and just short or just left... :(

nearly blew the last hole completely! skulled off the tee!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Okay, so tomorrow afternoon 3PM-ish, going for the 4 player win trophy in LBPortable 2:

Corrosive, Noi, and I are in. Who else wants to get in on this?

Nah, it's just a much uglier and lighter version of Out of Bounds and there are better HSG games out there. This one is just stale and doesn't try much different from other HSG games. If he doesn't own any other Sony platform is the only way I would suggest getting HSG:WI.

I've played too many HSG games to settle for this one.

Really? With the addition of the shop from The PSP games and the shooting styles from OOB,I would call this the current HSG champ. And calling it uglier and lighter? You sound like Totobeni

Iacobellis

Really? With the addition of the shop fro. The PSP games and the shooting styles from OOB,I would call this the current HSG champ. And calling it uglier and lighter? You sound like Totobeni

It doesn't run at native resolution, but the character models are better than OOB1 and 2.

Takao

Banned
It doesn't run at native resolution, but the character models are better than OOB1 and 2.

There's only 1 Out of Bounds game, and it's for PS3. I think you're confusing Open Tee / Open Tee 2 from PSP with it.

Man, SCEA's naming scheme with the franchise is a little wack.

So I finally started Hot Shots - already having a blast. It's a breath of fresh air because I've been playing a lot of racing games and Ninja Gaiden lately (and NG tends to crush my soul). I'm really torn on what platinum to go after next, everything I have unfinished now seems to have online trophies and I really, really hate online trophies x_x I think I might finally play through+platinum Golden Abyss, as big of an Uncharted fan as I am I couldn't keep trekking through it on hard, I always do hard on my first playthrough otherwise it's like cruise control.

SiDCrAzY

Just a heads up: Best Buy is supposed to have Sly 4 for $29.99 for PS3 and $19.99 for Vita version this week.

Vita version is live!

Nice deal, I immediately went to the bestbuy.com page and was going to purchase, but then realized the low price was making me buy a game I never wanted to begin with.

I think I will hold off.

I had a bit of a random question - are there any psp, ps1 or Vita games out there that are like Animal Crossing? I play th le Harvest Moon games and they're not quite like Animal Crossing so.. Just wanting to get that social/sim fix. I know there was a psp franchise that never made it outside of Japan that was somewhat like AC, just hoping there's something for us westerners :/

DiscoJer

I had a bit of a random question - are there any psp, ps1 or Vita games out there that are like Animal Crossing? I play th le Harvest Moon games and they're not quite like Animal Crossing so.. Just wanting to get that social/sim fix. I know there was a psp franchise that never made it outside of Japan that was somewhat like AC, just hoping there's something for us westerners :/

Doesn't Little Kings Story get compared to Animal Crossing? I have no first hand knowledge of either title, so I have no real idea, but I'm pretty sure I've read that comparison.

Doesn't Little Kings Story get compared to Animal Crossing? I have no first hand knowledge of either title, so I have no real idea, but I'm pretty sure I've read that comparison.

Well, it is a sim game in some respects but its also a strategy and action game. I played it, loved it, platinumed it. Animal Crossing is like a sim where you live in a small town filled with talking animals. You do errands and save money for stuff, that's about it though.

DiscoJer

Well, it is a sim game in some respects but its also a strategy and action game. I played it, loved it, platinumed it. Animal Crossing is like a sim where you live in a small town filled with talking animals. You do errands and save money for stuff, that's about it though.

Hmmm. Maybe the Sims games? The Vita doesn't have any, but the PSP got a few of them.

Having a great time with Rocketbirds.

It is quite a visually arresting game, some great backdrops and use of foreground/background depth - especially given its Flash origins. I'd like even more detail and animation in a sequel if anything gets off the ground. I suppose that counts as a contextual pun.

Works really well as a game to cap off a long day at work with. Nothing terribly taxing, just a few light puzzles and some Flashback/Abe's Oddysee-esque platforming.

Thumbs up.

Top Bottom