• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Anilusion

My highscore lists are so empty, I really need some GAF Vita friends!

PSN ID: Anilusion (same as neogaf)

My games:

Wipeout
Gravity Rush
Uncharted
Mortal Kombat
LittleBigPlanet
Rayman Origins
Super Monkey Ball
Playstation All-Stars
Everybody's Golf
Persona 4 Golden
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
Knytt Underground
Big Sky Infinity
Motorstorm RC
Pinball Arcade
Super Stardust Delta
Mutant Blobs Attack
Velocity

Add me, vitabros!

Top of page recommendation: Get Motorstorm RC! It's currently on sale in the EU store and it's totally awesome.

kiyomi

My highscore lists are so empty, I really need some GAF Vita friends!

oh alright then

Top of page recommendation: Get Motorstorm RC! It's currently on sale in the EU store and it's totally awesome.

ALRIGHT THEN YEAH

I haven't touched M:RC in ages, but it's probably the best leaderboard/highscore game on the Vita. Fantastic for £2.50 or whatever crazy price it is right now. Unit 13 seems like another good one, but I've only got a few people on my list who actually play that. :/

Twinduct

I actually still need to finish the girl's story in Folklore :/
Which reminds me, Folklore had the best use of sixaxis on the system.

Anilusion from Steam?

Awesome thank you guys, I totally forgot of just searching for it in the store :) I'm thinking of trying to go for the 2048 platinum, I've always wanted a Wipeout platinum and I never got around to going for it in the HD one on PS3.

Twinduct

Which reminds me. Rocketbird is really weird. I'm enjoying the game and the editing with cut scenes and the music is really decent (although screams of 'Flash'). The voice acting is just so damn bad and I honestly wish I could configure the keys :/

Anyway really enjoying the game. Would love to co-op it once I'm done with the SP campaign.

Playing NFS Most Wanted and Wipeout back to back really shows what a difference it makes if a game is created to run on a specific system or if it's just ported down. While Wipeout constantly impresses me I'm just happy when the framerate in NFS can somewhat hold up to show that visual mess of a game. I guess it doesn't help that I've played the PS3 version of Most Wanted (which was not necessarily up to Criterion's standard either) before, but the Vita version seems overambitious either way. Porting an open world game to a noticeably weaker platform is certainly not trivial.

Well, Wipeout rocks, though.

Munin

I'm so impressed with Gravity Rush, even though the controls are wonky as hell. But the presentation is the best I've seen among the Vita games I've played so far. The whole thing feels like a playable BONES anime, and the music is stunning. And all those little touches like the crowd noises, the airships in the distance... I'd love a sequel that's more open world, and with improved controls.

Meier

How are the load times in FF9 on the Vita? I wouldn't be able to play it any time soon I doubt since my card is only 4 or 8 GB (forget) but it's hard to pass up at $5. I don't remember anything about it from back in the day.

Famassu

How are the load times in FF9 on the Vita? I wouldn't be able to play it any time soon I doubt since my card is only 4 or 8 GB (forget) but it's hard to pass up at $5. I don't remember anything about it from back in the day.
It's still the horribly slow mess that it was on PS1.

Is there any side scroller beat them up on vita yet (I know dragon's crown is coming).

There's Final Fight, The King of Dragons and Knights of the Round included within the two Capcom Classics Collection games for PSP.

Other than that... I don't know. I'd like to know if there's any more beat 'em ups on Vita too, actually.

I think the vita is very suited for fighters. I found myself playing MK9 way more on the vita than on ps3 (despite graphic downgrade). I would love to see KOF XIII on the vita, since they are interested to make it happen and the dpad is glorious.

namDa65

Not everyone an afford a expensive ultra book ;p

But yeah it needs its own games too obviously :)

Haha, thats true! That's the problem with vita right now though, ports and ports... I can play the games elsewhere.

I want content designed specifically for vita. Persona 4 is the exception, unless atlus can remake all their SMT games and add content to that level.

Hyped for soul sacrifice, Ys, Tearaway, KZM. Hoping for Legend of Heroes/Tales localizations :(.

I want that bioshock vita to start production/dev.

zulux21

nooo :( . I have my ultrabook for that during school.

I want unique stuff on vita.

ideally we get both, i mean minecraft on the vita would be a lot of fun, above all else though I want magic the gathering on the vita this year as I would like to multitask with it while watching tv shows without having to split my monitor in half :p

hopefully we get some big announcements on weds though. lots of connectivity with the ps4 and a number of new games announced for all platforms (ps3/ps4/psv) please

RoKKeR

Vitabros, bad news: I'm thinking of selling my Vita.

I don't know what it is, but I've realized I really haven't been playing it very much and when I do play I just don't have a lot of fun. I find myself just ending up on my Xbox and PC for gaming time, and my Vita has been collecting a lot of dust. I've got the ACL bundle w/a 64gb card and could probably get a good amount of cash from selling it.

I feel like I haven't given it enough time, but then again I feel like time wont fix my issue. I just don't think its for me. Thoughts?

Vitabros, bad news: I'm thinking of selling my Vita.

I don't know what it is, but I've realized I really haven't been playing it very much and when I do play I just don't have a lot of fun. I find myself just ending up on my Xbox and PC for gaming time, and my Vita has been collecting a lot of dust. I've got the ACL bundle w/a 64gb card and could probably get a good amount of cash from selling it.

I feel like I haven't given it enough time, but then again I feel like time wont fix my issue. I just don't think its for me. Thoughts?

64gb card?

Damn boy you'll get loads for that, it's not even released yet!

But in all seriousness, what games do you have? Perhaps you are just waiting for something new

RoKKeR

64gb card?

Damn boy you'll get loads for that, it's not even released yet!

But in all seriousness, what games do you have? Perhaps you are just waiting for something new
Did I say 64gb? Damn it, haha, 32gb. My mistake.

I have (and have played) all of the PS+ games, LBP, ACL, P4G, and really haven't wanted to spend any more money on it outside of those games.

I have (and have played) all of the PS+ games, LBP, ACL, P4G, and really haven't wanted to spend any more money on it outside of those games.

Perhaps portables just aren't for you? :)

I'd say look at the upcoming releases and see if you are excited for any

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Can't let the system go two months before Soul Sacrifice.

Unless you won't have coop buddies I suppose. I've been having a great time with ad hoc games of Ragnarok Odyssey, and SS looks like it'll improve on everything.

WORLDTree

Soul Sacrifice and a variety of others games that are being localized are coming soon, plus lots of indie games like Frozen Synapse if that is more to your taste.

From the number of games you've completed you may be a little burned out, so if you find you desire to play PC and Xbox, then you should fulfill those desires to your heart's content, after all that's why we have multiple mediums of entertainment. Liking your Vita doesn't mean playing it 24/7, not all of us can do that and maintain interest, though there are many in this thread who can. For example, personally I have fallen very behind in Manga and Anime since falling behind in video games and getting back in. Does that mean I should be like many and recant my past "All anime sucks now and is *insert genre/aspect which you don't like*!". I don't believe so, I still like it, I just don't watch much anymore it's not a big deal.

If you feel you should put your Vita on the back-burner, then do so. From the number of games you completed, I assume it's not like you hate the device or selection, so simply check on news every once and a while, and when something peaks your interest, pick up the Vita again. Until then enjoy your Xbox and PC. Personally I don't believe selling devices is a good idea. You're not going to make back whatever you spent on it, and if you re-buy like many posters on Gaf then you're losing even more money. For me, I only ever bought like 5 games for my Gamecube, missing many good ones, but I don't look back on my purchase with regret and enjoy the time I spent with it even as it sits in a cabinet.

In short, I would say don't sell it, explore other options and keep it around in case you might feel like using it again.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

can i recommend little kings story, super stardust, hot shots golf, and sly.

It's kinda hard to make any real suggestions without knowing what games you like... What were you expecting when you bought it? I mean for me, I'm hopelessly addicted to Earth Defense Force, but I realize that's not a game for everybody.

RoKKeR

Well I fired up my Vita and went to the store looking for games I'd like to play, turns out there's quite a few:

Hot Shots Golf
Knytt Underground
MGS3
Rayman Origins
Sine Mora
Sly
Sonic Racing

Which of these games would you guys recommend?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I'm down if we have a group.

I'm in. I added heckmanimation, I think he had my ID wrong!

we have 4 right now. including you guys... will give a little more time. i need to save in ff9.

Well I fired up my Vita and went to the store looking for games I'd like to play, turns out there's quite a few:

Hot Shots Golf
Knytt Underground
MGS3
Rayman Origins
Sine Mora
Sly
Sonic Racing

honestly - i dont think you can go wrong with any of those games.... its really what kind of game you are looking for. also another favorite around here is Zero's Escape: Virtues last reward

Iacobellis

Hot Shots Golf
Knytt Underground
MGS3
Rayman Origins
Sine Mora
Sly
Sonic Racing

HSG. Sly is fun.

kiyomi

Hot Shots Golf
Knytt Underground
MGS3
Rayman Origins
Sine Mora
Sly
Sonic Racing

The ones I can personally vouch for are Rayman Origins - best platformer on the system, gorgeous to look at and the best version of the game available I think. You must, must, must buy it.

The other is HSG, defines 'easy to play, hard to master', really enjoyable game and it's so cheap for the content you get.

Top Bottom