• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

ZeroAKA

Yes. Only retail version though.
2 of the worst-rated CoD games for $50, what a deal.

Edit: Wow, terrible top of the page post. Buy New Little King's Story and Disgaea 3. Don't forget about these games coming out in 2013:
- Soul Sacrifice
- Ys Celceta
- Muramasa Rebirth
- Tearaway
- Killzone: Mercenary

Tomodachi

Might as well post here too since it's more lively here (and bestGAF, btw).

Very minor persona 4 sidequest spoiler:

Uh oh, I might be screwed. I might have sold the cleaning mop the guy on the practice building second floor gave me before the quest for it unlocked. I said "I might have" because I'm not sure... I just know that even equipping a Iai Katana he doesn't ask me for it, he just mumbles something about his sensei artisan.

Am I screwed?

zulux21

Wow, terrible top of the page post. Buy these games in 2013:
- Soul Sacrifice - Maybe
- Ys Celceta - Yes
- Muramasa Rebirth - Yes
- Tearaway - I'll wait for it to be free on plus
- Killzone: Mercenary - haha no.

hopefully after these few months here retail releases are more steady, ideally we see a decent price cut and the vita takes off like the 3ds did in japan.

brentech

The little bit I've seen of it, tearaway doesn't even look interesting.

In tried to sell myself on P4G, but the art is just too wacky for my taste. Hoping and waiting for an RPG/TRPG made for the vita that I can sink into.

My vita is begging for it.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
- Soul Sacrifice - Maybe
- Ys Celceta - Yes
- Muramasa Rebirth - Yes

hopefully after these few months here retail releases are more steady, ideally we see a decent price cut and the vita takes off like the 3ds did in japan.

Wow at first i thought toto posted this... Tho i think a top page recommendation should only be for games that are out.... The games he suggested are just the major ones coming out, and just cause ur not interested doesnt mean others arent... But this goes back to why i think only released games should qualify to be recc'd because really u dont kno how good the games will be till release... Granted muranasa .... Its ehhh on wii, so itll be ehh on vita. Not a bad game. Not a great game. Will get lots of mixd reviews here.

ZeroAKA

- Soul Sacrifice - Maybe
- Ys Celceta - Yes
- Muramasa Rebirth - Yes

hopefully after these few months here retail releases are more steady, ideally we see a
decent price cut and the vita takes off like the 3ds did in japan.
To be fair, Ys Celceta and Muramasa Rebirth are my two most anticipated Vita games too.

Wow at first i thought toto posted this... Tho i think a top page recommendation should only be for games that are out.... The games he suggested are just the major ones coming out, and just cause ur not interested doesnt mean others arent... But this goes back to why i think only released games should qualify to be recc'd because really u dont kno how good the games will be till release... Granted muranasa .... Its ehhh on wii, so itll be ehh on vita. Not a bad game. Not a great game. Will get lots of mixd reviews here.
Sorry, I just got tired of recommending Persona 4 Golden. :p

kuroshiki

Edit: Wow, terrible top of the page post. Buy New Little King's Story and Disgaea 3. Don't forget about these games coming out in 2013:
- Soul Sacrifice
- Ys Celceta
- Muramasa Rebirth
- Tearaway

Nks is good but im not paying $40

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore

- Soul Sacrifice
- Ys Celceta
- Muramasa Rebirth
- Tearaway

You should add Dragon's Crown to that list! Probably my most anticipated for the vita this year!

Yopis

Folks! Vita is such a great device for Ps1-Games!

Your recommendations?

More good Jump&Run/Plattformers/Action-Adventures???
No RPG/Final-Fantasy-Stuff please.

Played:

- Crash Bandicoot 1-3 (All play great, 2+3 even with analog-Stick-Mode! Only downer is the terrible save-system for the first title, got really frustrated at some points)

- Crash team Racing (Liked it on the Ps3, didnt like it on my Vita. Dont know why.)

- Driver (Not the best performance and I dont know if I will play it till the end, but its just 2,49€ so I bought it for the nostalgia.)

Will buy:
- Klonoa
- Soul Reaver (can someone say something about the performance/playability today?)
- Spyro 1-3

Get Soviet strike.

In tried to sell myself on P4G, but the art is just too wacky for my taste. Hoping and waiting for an RPG/TRPG made for the vita that I can sink into.
Rainbow Moon should be coming out soon. Pretty solid tactical RPG by the looks of it.

So anybody played Dead End Valentine? Wanted to grab a PSM title just didn't know which one.
It's a visual novel in Japanese, so you probably won't get much out of it unless you can read the language. If you want a PSM title, Haunt the House looks pretty neat.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can't connect to you, Slash. And the other two aren't on apparently. :/

TheSeks

Oh, that's too bad. Wonder where they could be :(

Yeah, you connected to me and then it dropped you. I dunno... *sigh* If I could just get the 4-player one, it'd be easy to get the online wins with someone else later.

TheSeks

It won't let me join Noi either. WTF. :/ Maybe I have to go the library on Friday afternoon and bum the internet there to see if it's more open than my NAT-2 to connect to you guys. :/

Noi

I can't even see you in the friends tab in-game despite seeing you in the actual Friends page. It's weeeeird.

Xenon

I have EDF, it's great

But I'm looking for GOOD games so dungeon hunter won't cut it

It's not that bad. I am having fun with it. Speaking of Dungeon Hunter, has anyone been able to get online? It kicks me out anytime I try to find a game online.

zulux21

I never implied that others shouldn't be interested nor that I was recommending against them, I just said my thoughts on them. There is zero chance I preorder tearaway, touch mechanics and me rarely get along, given the game seems to have at least some focus on touch mechanics there is absolutely not chance I would buy it without trying it unless it was really cheap, and given i have no one else that has a vita near me that leaves either free on ps+ or trying it via a demo. which in general a demo in the past hasn't proven to be a great way to get an idea if touch mechanics will remain good throughout the game.

As for killzone well about the only way I play straight shooters (aka shooters without strong rpg elements) is via a local co op campaign, I'm just so burnt out on shooters anymore that that is the only way I can really find any enjoyment in them at all. Thus the quality of the game really doesn't matter to me, I won't touch it as there is no way I will be able to play split screen co op on a single vita :p

My maybe on soul sacrifice is because I am not sure how it will turn out. on paper it sounds like something i could really enjoy, but that doesn't mean it will turn out like that. For example on paper Demon's Souls sounds like something I would really enjoy when in reality it's one of my least favorite RPGs from this gen.

How would borelight help for a lack of good loot game ? I had to fisnih it in sessions not longer than 20 minutes to avoid dying from boredom :D

While I wouldn't want torchlight on the vita as it wouldn't be of interest to me at all, I wouldn't mind torchlight 2 on the vita as it was vastly superior to the original torchlight and actually a solid loot game.

So I set up my online avatar in HSG and I went to save the changes and then he did his little dance and went WOOHOOOO!!!!! and I just burst out laughing. This game is overflowing with cute. The music really makes me wish there were other relaxing games natively made for Vita, like how I mentioned in a previous post wishing there was a Animal Crossing type game :\

Also, for a reference to what I've been looking for:

World Neverland on PSP

It's like a mix between Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing.

TheSeks

I can't even see you in the friends tab in-game despite seeing you in the actual Friends page. It's weeeeird.

Yeah, I dunno what's up. It's why I'm annoyed we didn't do the 4-player when I asked when we had four players for the co-op bubbles last time.

TheBear

Been playing P4G and absolutely loving it. It's the only JRPG I've ever been completely absorbed in and I love everything about it. Just one problem.
When a voice dialogue is playing, I switched to auto-dialogue so I wouldn't have to keep pressing buttons to advance the dialogue. However now the brightness on the screen drops drastically after about 30 seconds or so. A quick tap of the screen or a button press fixes the problem but it's really annoying. I'm assuming it's a Vita thing, any idea how to fix it?

TheSeks

Corrosive, if you're online and can grab Noi and Slash I think we can do it if we can get all four of us in a room. >_> They're both online right now, but you aren't.

Been playing P4G and absolutely loving it. It's the only JRPG I've ever been completely absorbed in and I love everything about it. Just one problem.
When a voice dialogue is playing, I switched to auto-dialogue so I wouldn't have to keep pressing buttons to advance the dialogue. However now the brightness on the screen drops drastically after about 30 seconds or so. A quick tap of the screen or a button press fixes the problem but it's really annoying. I'm assuming it's a Vita thing, any idea how to fix it?
I'd like to know, too. Was very annoying when I placed VC2 and during the enemy turn the brightness would always go down.

TheSeks

I'd like to know, too. Was very annoying when I placed VC2 and during the enemy turn the brightness would always go down.

I think it's in settings as "OLED powersave" or something. It's in the powersave settings.

wilflare

just shitty service,according to their customer service it was a mistake in the NY office(where they collect our packages) they promised me that they'll get it back from their office in India but..there was nothing.

I use MyUS now to buy stuff from the USA(better,faster,more expensive but they don't lose my stuff).

where are you located?
try Comgateway or something?
I'm also looking for an affordable courier service :/ bleh

Kyon

Banned
That's just what happens before the vita goes to sleep. Set the power save settings to like 20 minutes and there :)

Top Bottom