• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Twinduct

I assume it means 250k downloads vs Japanise userbase of 1250k.

And the number of downloads from outside Japan is probably really small considering how much effort it takes (and second card)

Yeah makes sense. Was rather hoping I missed the release of the demo in the west tbh :p

Ran rp

I know,but few days ago someone said there is some news will make people upset/mad or something like that.

Oh yeah. I'm thinking it's going to be ported to the HD consoles and PC. That's the only bad news I can think of other than a sequel being in development then cancelled.

Ponn

Banned
I don't think any of those games are worth $40.

You could conceivably get your money's worth out of Ragnarok if you had friends to play with online. I bought the game and have only played it solo. I lasted about 12 hours before all desire to continue was lost

I can second this. Im not a big multiplayer person but the biggest turn off with RO which sapped my enthusiasm was the repetition, extreme lack of variety in enemies and utter lack of feeling of progression. Really Colin from IGNs review was spot on.

AC:L i dropped halfway through and have yet to return to. Its not a bsd game, its just an assassins creed game which is good. Im just burnt out on AC games in general so that may or may not be a factor for people.

I refuse to buy EDF till it hits its more appropriate $20 price. Budget pricing has always been the value of that series.

Buy a shitload of FF games while they are still on sale and buy P4G.

I'm surprised capcom ignores the platform so much. Come on, it would be a big thing with the use of near to get items for the game, specially in japan with the ad-hoc gaming that PSP mh games did.

Very unfair situation for those of us who would like a even-better-than-Tri (graphic wise) monster hunter portable

I'm surprised capcom ignores the platform so much. Come on, it would be a big thing with the use of near to get items for the game, specially in japan with the ad-hoc gaming that PSP mh games did.

Very unfair situation for those of us who would like a even-better-than-Tri (graphic wise) monster hunter portable

Not sure what you mean by Capcom ignoring Vita. They gave us their best two fighting games.

As far as the monster hunter thing, it's pretty evident Nintendo has the next released locked up. Perhaps the one after that will hit vita.

Either way, we get PSO2 so they can shove it :p

I know,but few days ago someone said there is some news will make people upset/mad or something like that.

This Guy?

Sup, vitabros. Heard from a very reliable source that rayman legends and rainbow six patriots is heading towards the vita. :)

When asked his source could be trusted:

Very. I posted on the next assassins creed thread that you co op with a Scottish pirate but I'll put down some more details as so when ubi unveil the next game so you guys ( and even me) can match it up. The next game has you playing as haytham's father Edward alongside captain Kidd.

When asked if there would be another AC for the Vita:

Haven't heard about it. although there is something related to AC that'll piss off a few vita fans.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Not sure what you mean by Capcom ignoring Vita. They gave us their best two fighting games.

As far as the monster hunter thing, it's pretty evident Nintendo has the next released locked up. Perhaps the one after that will hit vita.

Either way, we get PSO2 so they can shove it :p

they ignored bringing RE: Rev over.. which might be what hes talking about as well...

edit:

what's coming to psn/ps+ today? - trials/discounted, megaman MH X.. anything else?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
PSY・S;47923493 said:
Oh yeah. I'm thinking it's going to be ported to the HD consoles and PC. .

That not a bad news really, it is not a system seller or anything.

other than a sequel being in development then cancelled

maybe.. since it has some potential if they fixed all the janky crap and cut the unnecessary stuff.

Not really, not now and not in the near future,it is over for MH and Vita.

Nintendo got it right, they got all the MH fans from PSP, Capcom have them all on 3DS and they will not waste their time on any other systems,end of story.

(maybe after 7 years with the next gen if MH stayed popular and Sony got tons of money from PS4 to pay for exclusivity again)

This Guy?

When asked his source could be trusted:

When asked if there would be another AC for the Vita:

so it is just a huge amount of nothing.

Capcom isn't ignoring Vita - Capcom is directly hostile towards it - they annoucement of 3DS MH were coming few days after Vita important conferences and annoucements.

Then there's the RE situation

I wouldn't be suprised if they annouced MH4 release date a few days before Soul Sacrifice releases.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Capcom isn't ignoring Vita - Capcom is directly hostile towards it -

no.

they annoucement of 3DS MH were coming few days after Vita important conferences and annoucements.

That was Nintendo panic mode doing.

Then there's the RE situation

ok,let be realistic here, their RE handheld games BOMBED, so you want them to port it to a handheld device that even sell less?

do you think Capcom want to lose money?

I wouldn't be suprised if they annouced MH4 release date a few days before Soul Sacrifice releases

Yeah,no.

there is no secret agenda against Vita.

Was just messing with ya on the whole violence/archaic thing! I guessed you meant in regards to the combat and being locked into animations and soforth, although that doesn't sound exactly like your complaint, more the rehashing of ideas, right?

What I meant to ask yesterday but didn't have the time for - are you still interested in some Ragnarok co-ops? The best online experience I had of it was with yourself and Grim so it'd be fun (for me at least, dunno about you guys hah)

Yeah it gets boring pretty quickly if you're going solo, it's just a massive grindfest. Sure, people tend to love that despite how stupid the concept is but I just get so tired of the animations and the rigid combat that gives the sense of it being hard by making it unforgiving. A good comparison is Demon's/Dark Souls, the combat is what draws people to that game and I just can't get into it for that same reason.

I'd definitely be down to play again though - I just need to set a specific time because my schedule is pretty busy. Also, d'aw, I had a blast with you guys too. We need to do voice chat next time :)

So Hotline Miami is coming to Vita. Pretty awesome news ; it's nice to see some of these indie successes come to the system. Cross-buy, too.

Awesome news - I wanted to try it on PC but was hoping it would hit the mobiles, especially the Vita. Vita really is becoming a haven for indie PC games - I'm loving it. Games like Knytt underground are awesome.

Well, if you consider that Capcom didn't even bother to fix RE2 after they pulled it from the Vita store, it seems evident they don't really care about the platform. Not to mention the very silly excuse for not porting Revelations.

zulux21

psn gamers choice

it's a shame the only categories that will get vita games on sale are the ones that only have vita compatible games in them.

i mean best classic game will obviously go to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
best indie game will obviously go to Journey
best psn game obviously won't go to Sound Shapes
:/

Yep, Capcom don't have any hidden agenda against the Vita. They just go where the money is, whether that's by being paid for exclusivity or just due to better sales.

And it sucks, because I would love more Capcom games on Vita.

zulux21

Yep, Capcom don't have any hidden agenda against the Vita. They just go where the money is, whether that's by being paid for exclusivity or just due to better sales.

And it sucks, because I would love more Capcom games on Vita.

i'd love if the ios versions of the ace attorney games were ported to the vita. I wouldn't buy them but at least I could whine at people to buy them here lol

Shoyz

Hong Kong PSN+ seems more tailored to my tastes!
A new round of PS Plus offers will be out on 20th February. Free goodies include Double Dragon Neon Dynamic Theme, “Sine Mora” and “Dokuro full game”. 50% off various Disgaea titles is also exclusive to you PS Plus members! Check out your privileges here!

i'd love if the ios versions of the ace attorney games were ported to the vita. I wouldn't buy them but at least I could whine at people to buy them here lol

I was actually playing the iOS port of the first game recently and was just thinking about how uncomfortable I found it on my iPhone. I'd much prefer them on Vita.

Shahed

ShopTo just charged my account for Persona 4 Golden. So that means in theory tomorrow night I've got the excitement of the PS meeting to look forward to, and when I wake up, Persona should be here.

The wait...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Will definitely be grabbing Vanquish and Mega Man MHX today!

As for Capcom, I can't say why their support of Vita is so slim, and it's been a while since we've had a company meeting, so I have no idea what's in the pipeline from us this year. I'd love to see RE on the Vita, and some kind of DMC support (I'd love a DMC HD Collection personally).

I'm not a big Monster Hunter fan (despite owning Freedom Unite on my Vita), so the loss of that franchise doesn't really bother me as much.

I think Viewtiful Joe and Okami deserve a Vita version.

Honestly, what I want from Sony is their entire 1st and 2nd party PS catalog to be playable on the Vita, with maybe the only exceptions being games that perhaps couldn't be brought over to the Vita for technical reasons (ie, the blades of grass in Flower, the water physics in Pixel Junk Shooter, utilize the SPUs of the PS3 extensively, so the games may not be workable on the Vita, or would need a lot of reworking).

My quick and dirty list of PSN titles that deserve Vita versions:

Pixel Junk Eden (and Shooter, and Sidescroller if possible)
Dead Nation
Fat Princess (I know there's a PSP version)
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Killzone HD
Siren: Blood Curse

Third party stuff: Everything, from Scott Pilgrim, to Outland, to Awesomenauts, etc.

I'd also love the upcoming Terraria PSN/XBLA title to be on the Vita as well. My god, being able to play Terraria on the bus ride to work would be amazing...

ShopTo just charged my account for Persona 4 Golden. So that means in theory tomorrow night I've got the excitement of the PS meeting to look forward to, and when I wake up, Persona should be here.

The wait...

I have absolutely 0 hype for the event tomorrow.
Is it possible to have negative hype?

I've learned my lesson with this generation and will not be adopting a new console for several years until everyone else has shelled out a premium fee to beta test for Sony (and/or Microsoft).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I've learned my lesson with this generation and will not be adopting a new console for several years until everyone else has shelled out a premium fee to beta test for Sony (and/or Microsoft).

Perfectly sensible. Dont think I'll be strong enough to withstand.

Perfectly sensible. Dont think I'll be strong enough to withstand.

I have enough PS3 and Vita games to last me forever, in all likelihood with more coming. :)
The only thing that got me to cave on a PS3 earlier than expected was that I thought I would miss BC, so I grabbed a 60gb when it was announced they were discontinued.
I think I can stay plenty strong and wait for the system to have a ton of good games that are all discount priced while I continue to build a PS3 and Vita library. :)
Hell, there are PSOne games I'm playing now for the first time (Klonoa! Alundra! Wild Arms soon!)... so yeah.

namDa65

everyone buy hotline miami! Amazing on the pc. Even though KB/M is the best the game is pretty sweet and will soak up your time. This is gameplay

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I have enough PS3 and Vita games to last me forever, in all likelihood with more coming. :)
The only thing that got me to cave on a PS3 earlier than expected was that I thought I would miss BC, so I grabbed a 60gb when it was announced they were discontinued.
I think I can stay plenty strong and wait for the system to have a ton of good games that are all discount priced while I continue to build a PS3 and Vita library. :)
Hell, there are PSOne games I'm playing now for the first time (Klonoa! Alundra! Wild Arms soon!)... so yeah.

True, if they announce every PS4 game playable on Vita via stream and whatever other features they come up with. Really excited for the 15 minutes gameplay autosave and upload function (if its true).

everyone buy hotline miami! Amazing on the pc. Even though KB/M is the best the game is pretty sweet and will soak up your time. This is gameplay

I played and beat it.
It's a very frustrating game that I felt was too long for it's own good.
At first it was fresh and interesting... then it just... kind of turned on me and I went from "digging it" to disliking it.

Shahed

I guess it's different for everyone, but I've been wanting a new console for a while now. New generations lead to new ideas. I want to see the control pads, how the new OS's work. I want to see how the new games look like (more scale instead of graphical fidelity). Newer hardware will facilitate development of games with known technical problems (The Last Guardian and to a lesser extent Versus XIII).

Sure it might be underwhelming, but considering I am primarily a console gamer, I'm more excited for this than I think I've ever been in my life for a gaming event.

namDa65

I played and beat it.
It's a very frustrating game that I felt was too long for it's own good.
At first it was fresh and interesting... then it just... kind of turned on me and I went from "digging it" to disliking it.

Sorry to hear that. The speed of the game and its story were brilliant in my opinion. Silently killing a dude, picking up his knife and chucking it across the room while simultaneously moving towards the door onto your next kill at breakneck speeds was awesome. I'm not fond of games that force linear gameplay. Hotline is like a killing sandbox. You can approach levels in multiple ways and clear them in multiple ways.

no.
ok,let be realistic here, their RE handheld games BOMBED, so you want them to port it to a handheld device that even sell less?

do you think Capcom want to lose money?

Of course it bombed - they put it 18+ game on handheld where mostly Mario and kid oriented titles sell.

And losing money ? They are making Wii U port...

I guess it's different for everyone, but I've been wanting a new console for a while now. New generations lead to new ideas. I want to see the control pads, how the new OS's work. I want to see how the new games look like (more scale instead of graphical fidelity). Newer hardware will facilitate development of games with known technical problems (The Last Guardian and to a lesser extent Versus XIII).

Sure it might be underwhelming, but considering I am primarily a console gamer, I'm more excited for this than I think I've ever been in my life for a gaming event.

I am also primarily a console gamer... but after having 2 PS3s and 3 360s die on me as well as not having finished half the games I have stacked over there... PS4 and the "next gen" currently hold no interest to me. Especially after the fiasco that PS3 was early in it's lifecycle? The best thing about the PS4 will be that everything PS3 will become dirt cheap. Hell, maybe I'll even be able to finally pick up a Move for playing Dead Space Extraction and the HotD games.

Sorry to hear that. The speed of the game and its story were brilliant in my opinion. Silently killing a dude, picking up his knife and chucking it across the room while simultaneously moving towards the door onto your next kill at breakneck speeds was awesome. I'm not fond of games that force linear gameplay. Hotline is like a killing sandbox. You can approach levels in multiple ways and clear them in multiple ways.

The concept is good.
The frustration from too many cheap deaths was just like... why the hell am I still playing this -- I want to just toss my controller at the wall!
I did not care enough to go back and get the rest of the masks or find the hidden puzzle pieces... I youtube'd the alternate ending (and was glad I didn't spend the time).
It's good that it will get the game to more people... but I don't know how it will be received... it can be a very polarizing game.

Of course it bombed - they put it 18+ game on handheld where mostly Mario and kid oriented titles sell.

And losing money ? They are making Wii U port...

Fair point.
I love bagging on the WiiU. I don't know why. I wanted Nintendo to make it work; but I watch as they seemingly learn very little every time they try to have a new console. They're lucky the power of nostalgia and charm is so strong and moves so many units. Maybe if they put a WiiUx2 out in 5 years they'll finally understand how to structure an account system and online service. :)

Shahed

I am also primarily a console gamer... but after having 2 PS3s and 3 360s die on me as well as not having finished half the games I have stacked over there... PS4 and the "next gen" currently hold no interest to me. Especially after the fiasco that PS3 was early in it's lifecycle? The best thing about the PS4 will be that everything PS3 will become dirt cheap. Hell, maybe I'll even be able to finally pick up a Move for playing Dead Space Extraction and the HotD games.

Oh it doesn't mean I'll get one at launch. Not unless it has something amazing upfront. I mean the only platform I have ever bought at launch was the Wii, and that was because of Twilight Princess. I just want to see what the PS4 will have to offer.

But saying that, I was speculating the other day, and came to not a completely unrealistic conclusion. By the end of 2014, PS4 could have a Final Fantasy, a Metal Gear Solid, a Gran Turismo and The Last Guardian. That would be a early lineup that would be impossible to top for me, never mind what other games they might have.

Oh it doesn't mean I'll get one at launch. Not unless it has something amazing upfront. I mean the only platform I have ever bought at launch was the Wii, and that was because of Twilight Princess. I just want to see what the PS4 will have to offer.

But saying that, I was speculating the other day, and came to not a completely unrealistic conclusion. By the end of 2014, PS4 could have a Final Fantasy, a Metal Gear Solid, a Gran Turismo and The Last Guardian. That would be a early lineup that would be impossible to top for me, never mind what other games they might have.

I stuck with the GCN version that didn't have reversed maps and allowed me to use a real controller. GCN was probably the last Nintendo console I will ever own. My ex had bought a Wii, but it ended up turning into a Netflix box for the bedroom. :lol:

That's not a bad launch lineup, but I depending on how they handle it, The Last Guardian could be unbelievably polarizing -- I for one, will be upset if it's not released for PS3 and is instead moved entirely to PS4.

Fair point.
I love bagging on the WiiU. I don't know why. I wanted Nintendo to make it work; but I watch as they seemingly learn very little every time they try to have a new console. They're lucky the power of nostalgia and charm is so strong and moves so many units. Maybe if they put a WiiUx2 out in 5 years they'll finally understand how to structure an account system and online service. :)

Heh back when ps4/x720 were looking like 2014 releases - i was thinking about Wii U - it only needed to play current gen games at 1080 p and have something like trophies. It didn't even cross my mind that they won't have account system :D

btkadams

i'm extremely impatient with tech, so i have been dying for a new system for ages. i have been bored with my ps3 ever since i got my vita. i need something new, faster, and more connected to grab my attention in my living room again. i have a nice tv, so i'd like to play more games on it.

i am VERY hyped for tomorrow's event. i will be buying it day one. i can't wait to hear all the new features. i may consider getting an xbox too if that showing is cool too, but probably not day one.

zulux21

Heh back when ps4/x720 were looking like 2014 releases - i was thinking about Wii U - it only needed to play current gen games at 1080 p and have something like trophies. It didn't even cross my mind that they won't have account system :D

we have gotten way off topic in the theme of the thread... and my question is even more off topic...

but if that is all you wanted why not get a PC... for a little more than the cost of the wiiu (450-500) you could get a gaming rig that would be able to push 1080p no problem and steam has trophies. you also would have had access to much cheaper games, a much bigger library, and had far more control over your games.

don't like how something is controlled.. change the keys...
don't like an aspect of a game, find a mod ect.

anyways more on topic... I finally am putting the final touches on my persona 4 first look review... just need to have one more person read it to make sure I don't have any huge errors before I try to set it loose on the wild.

Top Bottom