• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Drame

Cheers, zulux21 & btkadams.

Had no idea it came with all of the DLC. Good to hear that the performance is good as well.

AwRy108

any time you force a customer to have to load up a different section of the store just to look at games you are doing something wrong. all of the PSM games should be right there with new releases when i boot up the vita store. I shouldn't have to go to a new section to find them as that just results in me not caring about them.

How hard is it really to move you finger an inch to the right and tap the PSM tab???

I prefer them having a separate tab, especially since you can't tilt the Vita and force the store to display in portrait mode. I feel like the separate tab helps the PSM stuff from getting lost in the weekly update.

zulux21

Cheers, zulux21 & btkadams.

Had no idea it came with all of the DLC. Good to hear that the performance is good as well.

yup nis knows how to rerelease a disgaea game

anyways i located the new features real quick

Tera Level Magic. Tera Fire features Pirohiko Ichimonji. Tera Ice features Rozalin's mother. Tera Wind features the Putties from Phantom Brave. Tera Star features Terra, a dark puppet from Rhapsody.
Animated Character Portraits in cutscenes.
All the DLC from the PS3 version bundled in.
Unique attacks for the Generic Characters.
Generic characters can have different personality types like in Disgaea 4.
Control Options that use the Touch Screen and Rear Touch Pad.
The Record Shop has been added.
Two brand new playable characters, Rutile and Stella Grossular.
Monster classes can equip 2 additional Evilities instead of one.
Characters talk when they leave the Base Panel like in Disgaea 4.
Sir Pri, the Class World Prinny, is always in the main area.
Fuka and Desco from Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten can be unlocked as playable characters.
4 New Story Scenarios, each starring different characters (one for Almaz and Sapphire, one for Master Big Star and Salvatore, one for Kyoko and Asuka, and one introducing the two new characters Rutile and Stella), in addition to Raspberyl Mode.
The ability to put Unique Characters (post-game characters and DLC characters) into the Detention Room.
Rank 41 Weapons have been added which include the Stardust Sword and Ancient Spear.
The Ability to change the appearance of any weapon (but Fist and Monster Weapons) to another of that certain weapon type in the Item World Homeroom.
A new power level for skills, SS which is stronger than S and some of the skills' power levels have changed to SS.

How hard is it really to move you finger an inch to the right and tap the PSM tab???

I prefer them having a separate tab, especially since you can't tilt the Vita and force the store to display in portrait mode. I feel like the separate tab helps the PSM stuff from getting lost in the weekly update.

only time i ever visit PSM is for the free games, and all the free games have taught me is it's a pain in the ass to find a game you want on PSM, that in general the store feels poorly thought out and thus i don't want to deal with it. If you are happy with it that's great, I don't like how it's set up, thus I can't be bothered to take the effort to look at it.

If the PSM games showed up on the new releases I would likely look at them as i got any releases that interested me as i was already there, but after we get the last free PSM game today I highly doubt I will boot up PSM again any time soon.

kassatsu

Banned
Please define "gimped levels" and "better levels". Are the differences purely cosmetic, or are there actual differences in level design that negatively effect gameplay?

Whole sections of levels are missing on Vita do to that version not having much of the scripted stuff that happens on PS3 levels.

Example:

PS3: You jump off of a train onto a street with cars and people. You use a car for a ramp.

Vita: You jump off of a train onto a catwalk that goes over the road from the PS3 section, there are no cars or people on the road.

Twinduct

Whole sections of levels are missing on Vita do to that version not having much of the scripted stuff that happens on PS3 levels.

Example:

PS3: You jump off of a train onto a street with cars and people. You use a car for a ramp.

Vita: You jump off of a train onto a catwalk that goes over the road from the PS3 section, there are no cars or people on the road.

Hmm. Think I can live with that. I mean I won't really see the missing stuff unless I buy into the other anyway.

Thanks.

The vast majority of the differences between the PS3 and Vita versions don't affect gameplay. The PS3 just has dudes running around, cars driving in the background and whatnot.

But when it does affect gameplay it's usually something like car crashing into the track ahead of you. On the vita version the car is already there. In essence the gameplay is the same, you have to drive over a car at the same spot, but it's obviously a bit more exciting seeing it happen in a scripted event. Though it goes without saying that once you've restarted that section 20 times you don't give a crap about that anymore.

There are a couple spots where there are wholesale changes to the tracks. Kass just showed one on his stream. In the ps3 version you jump off a moving train and land in a street and have to ride over a couple cars. In the vita version - they have the moving train - but after that you finish on a catwalk above the street. I have no idea why.... the moving train seems to me like it would be the hardest part of that whole scene and it's in the vita version. But, really, that's about 5% of the track. If you are looking for a reason to rage at the vita you can, but the vita version is just fine. It's also $5 cheaper.

AwRy108

Example:

EDIT: nevermind, Thefamousmortimer answered my question. Thank you!

Def. not looking for a reason to rage on the Vita version; in fact, it's just the opposite for me: I'd prefer to have this game on the Vita, so I was hoping that the gameplay experience is, for all intents and purposes, identical to the PS3 version. Sounds like it is, AND it's only $8 for PS+ members. The game will be on my Vita tonight!

At the end the vita is portable, which kinda moots alot of 'smaller' issues for me. If I can play Trails on my Vita in bed, it auto becomes the definitive version :p

Couldn't agree more--having both a 3-year old and a newborn at home means that my Vita sees a lot more play time than my PS3 these days, especially when it comes to PSN games.

Also really glad to hear that it isn't as rage-inducing as I imagine Trials HD would be to me.

Twinduct

At the end the vita is portable, which kinda moots alot of 'smaller' issues for me. If I can play Trails on my Vita in bed, it auto becomes the definitive version :p

The vast majority of the differences between the PS3 and Vita versions don't affect gameplay. The PS3 just has dudes running around, cars driving in the background and whatnot.

But when it does affect gameplay it's usually something like car crashing into the track ahead of you. On the vita version the car is already there. In essence the gameplay is the same, you have to drive over a car at the same spot, but it's obviously a bit more exciting seeing it happen in a scripted event. Though it goes without saying that once you've restarted that section 20 times you don't give a crap about that anymore.

There are a couple spots where there are wholesale changes to the tracks. Kass just showed one on his stream. In the ps3 version you jump off a moving train and land in a street and have to ride over a couple cars. In the vita version - they have the moving train - but after that you finish on a catwalk above the street. I have no idea why.... the moving train seems to me like it would be the hardest part of that whole scene and it's in the vita version. But, really, that's about 5% of the track. If you are looking for a reason to rage at the vita you can, but the vita version is just fine. It's also $5 cheaper.

This is exactly what I needed to know. Does the Vita version screen tear, though? =P

Looking forward to that :) Cant wait for the store update later.

Y'know, it's funny, I think they mean to review it well, but the general negativity about the "gimped levels" and "scoring" makes me waiver on what was a 100% purchase. Now, never having cared about a Trials game before, I doubt this will be my first. :\

I'll just throw my money at the day 1 Rising DLC, I guess.

kassatsu

Banned
PS3 (sorry for the crap quality, blame twitch)

CLzIakt.jpg

Vita

ECDvMIV.jpg

There is also a section of that stage that isn't in the Vita version at all.

QP3

Just saw a tweet about playstation cloud being announced tomorrow.

Assuming this is legit, would this mean definite vita involvement wit PS4?

AwRy108

Just saw a tweet about playstation cloud being announced tomorrow.

Assuming this is legit, would this mean definite vita involvement wit PS4?

Why would you assume any Tweet is legit unless it came directly from the source (aka. SCE)?

As of now, zero concrete info. is known about tomorrow's meeting other than the attendance of some big-name game producers and lots of bloggers.

The media is so damned bored that they've spent the whole of the last two weeks speculating about an event that none of them know a single thing about. I'll be glad when the event is over just so they'll all stop spouting BS...

I think R6 game is coming, but that wasn't what i was hinting at. I'm sorry that im such a tease right now - i really shouldn't have even said what I said. But I obviously can't be the first to announce this thing or sony will track down who i know and kill them.

I was thinking a Far Cry vita game might be cool but either way its nice to know something big is coming even without specifics. Do you happen to know if more third party games are coming to Vita?

People have said they don't want ports, well if im going to get a Mass Effect 3 late port im not that interested but if its a day one like Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed or relatively close like MGS HD Collection then if its a game I want i'd certainly consider it.

I've heard from inside sony that they are targeting a bunch of 'big' indie games. I think it's reasonable to expect Fez, Dust an elysian tale, limbo and others on the machine this year. If they are making that public tomorrow that's awesome.

I hope so, that sounds awesome.

There are still big games coming. In fact they have something as big if not bigger than Assassin's Creed coming this fall from a western third party. But I can't be the one to make that reveal. Hopefully it's mentioned tomorrow.

They really need to step their game up after that Japanese stream - they need to show people they're supporting Vita instead of letting it flounder.

I'd punch a baby if it meant I could have FTL on my Vita.

I'd do the same for Minecraft on Vita.

AwRy108

Well of course, but that is the fun in discussion! :p

I agree, to a point. After two weeks of it being non-stop, however, everyone is just setting themselves up for a huge letdown. Sorry for my lack of optimism, but SONY doesn't do the best job of fostering such feelings these days...
LLShC.gif

QP3

I agree, to a point. After two weeks of it being non-stop, however, everyone is just setting themselves up for a huge letdown. Sorry for my lack of optimism, but SONY doesn't do the best job of fostering such feelings these days...
LLShC.gif

At this point, not being optimistic is much warranted.

Regardless, it seems (I hope) that signs are pointing towards vita cross play/streaming being involved with the next generation PS.

I probably should have just stayed away from the internet and rumours until the 21st :s

Twinduct

Still trying to figure out if I can afford to stay up to watch the thing live. The 'meeting' starts at 1 Am here :/

So either I wake up early to see the reveals .... or watch it live and show up pretty late to work. Decisions :S

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
The game im talking about isn't a port but a side story, like ACIIIL. It's not from Ubisoft though.

i thought we were done teasing...

Still trying to figure out if I can afford to stay up to watch the thing live. The 'meeting' starts at 1 Am here :/

So either I wake up early to see the reveals .... or watch it live and show up pretty late to work. Decisions :S

what time is it starting??

The game im talking about isn't a port but a side story, like ACIIIL. It's not from Ubisoft though.

Okay now I really don't know what it could be lol.

Ubisoft and Sega are probably the two biggest third-party supporters of Vita, but I really don't know what Sega game it could be if it was them. Unless it's a third-party who've suddenly seen the light and decided to make Vita games!

I'm both excited and frustrated now. :p

Jamix012

Ok so not as big as AC in terms of Sales but bigger in terms of GAF hype and is not ubisoft.
Here's my list of series that could fit that description:
MGS
Mega Man
Zelda (lol)
Persona

...That's all I really got. I'm leaning towards another MGS.

zulux21

Ok so not as big as AC in terms of Sales but bigger in terms of GAF hype and is not ubisoft.
MGS
Mega Man
Zelda (lol)
Persona

As silly as this sounds out loud... honestly a zelda game feels more likely than a new megaman game ><;

of course a zelda game would never happen given it's a first party nintendo ip

MGS
Mega Man
Zelda (lol)
Persona

Pretty sure he said a Western publisher.

Would not be surprised to see EA put some effort into a Battlefield game on Vita to try and capitalise on the poor quality of COD BLOPS Declassified.

Top Bottom