• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Ok so not as big as AC in terms of Sales but bigger in terms of GAF hype and is not ubisoft.
Here's my list of series that could fit that description:
MGS
Mega Man
Zelda (lol)
Persona

...That's all I really got. I'm leaning towards another MGS.

He said western 3rd party. Here is my list of my western 3rd party titles that aren't from Ubisoft, but are as big as AC:

Bioshock
GTA
Battlefield
Elder Scrolls (NeoGaf faints)
Borderlands

Past that I am having a hard time coming up with anything else.

Edit: good call on whoever said Mass Effect, that's a good one too.

Not gonna happen, but Mass Effect side story would be cool

I'm going to throw Batman into the speculation ring, especially in light of the confirmation of a new Arkham game this year. Plus the Batman universe lends itself to a sidekick side story.

Anyway, onto more pressing business for Euro-GAF. Will P4G Golden be up on PSN tomorrow?

Ran rp

I could see it being Bioshock. I didn't read the news but didn't Infinite have six games' worth of content/concepts cut? They could be recycled into a new game for the Vita.

PSY・S;47933959 said:
I could see it being Bioshock. I didn't read the news but didn't Infinite have six games' worth of content/concepts cut? They could be recycled into a new game for the Vita.

Would be nice for the vita to get 2K's support. NBA 2K on the vita would be awesome.

Jamix012

He said western 3rd party. Here is my list of my western 3rd party titles that aren't from Ubisoft, but are as big as AC:

Bioshock
GTA
Battlefield
Elder Scrolls (NeoGaf faints)
Borderlands

Past that I am having a hard time coming up with anything else.

Edit: good call on whoever said Mass Effect, that's a good one too.

He said it's not as big, sales wise, as AC so it's not GTA or Battlefield.

I'm going to throw Batman into the speculation ring, especially in light of the confirmation of a new Arkham game this year. Plus the Batman universe lends itself to a sidekick side story.

Anyway, onto more pressing business for Euro-GAF. Will P4G Golden be up on PSN tomorrow?
Batman would be awesome on vita! If arkham city was on vita I'd actually take the time to do all the side stuff and riddler trophies. Of course the combat is what's most fun of the batman games and they have great potential for side stories.

Ran rp

I would punch a baby for Metal Gear Ac!d 3

The only time that action would be acceptable.

PS3-Baby-Commercial-Screencap-e1321992995967.jpg

Grisby

Wow, I actually just played the Sine Mora demo and really liked it. Nice graphics for a 2D shooter and the time slowdown mechanic seems to bring something new to the table.

Couple questions, about how long is the main campaign and does it get unbeatable hard? The demo was quite nice with the 2 levels and I managed it fairly well on normal. I'm not the best though at 2d shooters and wouldnt mind seeing the end.

The tone seems really different too. I forgot this was that M rated shooter from a while back. The music seems really good and a bit unsettling.

Wow, I actually just played the Sine Mora demo and really liked it. Nice graphics for a 2D shooter and the time slowdown mechanic seems to bring something new to the table.

Couple questions, about how long is the main campaign and does it get unbeatable hard? The demo was quite nice with the 2 levels and I managed it fairly well on normal. I'm not the best though at 2d shooters and wouldnt mind seeing the end.

The tone seems really different too. I forgot this was that M rated shooter from a while back. The music seems really good and a bit unsettling.

I've advocated for this game since it's release; aside from the occasional performance problem, it's great.

There's a boss or two toward the end that can be a pain in the ass, but with practice, the game is beatable.

Yes, the story has a mature tone to it.

There's a lot of content too -- there's more to unlock in terms of mechanics and pilots and weapons and the like for using in arcade mode when replaying the stages.

I think it's easily worth $10.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I've advocated for this game since it's release; aside from the occasional performance problem, it's great.

There's a boss or two toward the end that can be a pain in the ass, but with practice, the game is beatable.

Yes, the story has a mature tone to it.

There's a lot of content too -- there's more to unlock in terms of mechanics and pilots and weapons and the like for using in arcade mode when replaying the stages.

I think it's easily worth $10.

Fantastic shmup. Definitely Toma Seal of approval.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
is Tearaway 64 a PSN only release?

-2 hours something.

-not really.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I finished it so it can't be that hard. It's a forgiving game because you can get hit over and over and sometimes get all the powerups back. Still I replayed some levels 3-4 times in normal. I'm personally not that much of a fan of that type of side scrolling shooter but it's a lot easier to tolerate when it looks that good. Some would suggest other side scrollers for people who don't play many of them but it's usually bullet hell games that I personally find much more annoying.

Grisby

Good deal, thanks for the answers guys. My last shooter was Ikaruga on the 360 so I haven't played one in a while. Definitely will be buying Sine in the near future.

Oh and the music is done by Akira Yamaoka apparently, which is awesome.

-2 hours something.

-not really.

Took me a lot longer than 2 hours to know the stages and learn the mechanics and get good enough to beat it. Probably more toward 5-6 hours.

Do you work for IGN? Cause I think they were surprised to learn that Tearaway 64 was a retail title and not a $15 PSN download.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
8 days until Senran Kagura is out!

thinking of importing it, but I usually get multiple orders from yes-asia and I don't really have anything else in mind (aka there is no decent gravure releases this month) ..so yeah..

Took me a lot longer than 2 hours to know the stages and learn the mechanics and get good enough to beat it. Probably more toward 5-6 hours.

Do you work for IGN? Cause I think they were surprised to learn that Tearaway 64 was a retail title and not a $15 PSN download.

thanks for the info.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I hope not, I don't need to play through Arkham City for the 4th time.
If it's a spinoff game with the Arkham combat engine, I'm all for it though.

he did say it was spinoff / sidestory not port....

so.. yay!

Ha, I bet he's just fucking with us with that. :p

If it is a Batman game, hopefully it runs slightly better than the Wii U Arkham City port...

i mean if it's NOT batman.... what other games do all his hints lead up to where you can also jump like batman...

Ran rp

he did say it was spinoff / sidestory not port....

so.. yay!

i mean if it's NOT batman.... what other games do all his hints lead up to where you can also jump like batman...

Wellll if you want to really stretch it you could say that you can fly around Columbia with the skyhook.

Ponn

Banned

Well you don't fly in the Batman games but you do glide. Two games that come to mind are Just Cause (even have a grapple) and Kingdom Hearts.

Does the main guy in Splinter Cell have a wing suit? That may count.

VanWinkle

I'm not sure what that is, but there's a game called Tearaway coming out and that is a retail release. The only reason I can think of off the top of my head that somebody would think it's a PSN title is that they are stupid.

But, yeah, not sure what game you are referring to, though.

Top Bottom