• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

brentech

Hey guys.

I've never played a Pokemon game before, but recent talk has me intrigued. Is there a game like it on the vita, particularly in the fact that its turn based and not a PSP game that just works on the vita.

I'm not aware of anything, but I know some of you will know much better on that. If nothing, is anything expected to come down the pipe line soon?

kiyomi

I don't think so. I'm fell half-outraged, half-happy as can be. Is that weird?

I'm not sure I like it either. It's great that they went to the effort of including it in some way, but to hold it back as a preorder incentive and then as a paid extra, ehhhh. Not very classy.

winjet81

The first hole on the first course is insanely easy to reach the hole in a single shot with longer characters, but the undulation in front of the green makes it tough to get the line right.

I've aced that one, but you don't get a double eagle for that.

You have to go on a par 5 and put it in the cup on your second shot.

Soul Sacrifice might be a game that will never leave my Vita, so I'm thinking about going digital for it... I'll have to get rid of a bunch of anime on my Vita, but that'll be worth it!

btkadams

Hey guys.

I've never played a Pokemon game before, but recent talk has me intrigued. Is there a game like it on the vita, particularly in the fact that its turn based and not a PSP game that just works on the vita.

I'm not aware of anything, but I know some of you will know much better on that. If nothing, is anything expected to come down the pipe line soon?

persona 4 golden (vita game) is a turn-based rpg. it's fantastic. definitely check it out and see if it interests you!

Ponn

Banned
Soul Sacrifice might be a game that will never leave my Vita, so I'm thinking about going digital for it... I'll have to get rid of a bunch of anime on my Vita, but that'll be worth it!

I'm being a bit more picky about what I buy digital having regretted some past purchases I can't trade in now. I still have my $30 preorder with newegg but if this gets excellent marks and seems to be long or have great replay value i might go digital. The preorder costumes certainly don't sway me either way...eww.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Even on PSM? That must be one hell of a character then.

real person.

Texture Sacrifice's cover sacrificed good art too it seems.

It's an ugly mess, hurt the eyes, and is very generic MH style cover with guys versus monster (like all of MHs,God Eater,RO..ect), the game got nice art but this crap cover is just bad.

is there any big games in late April/first half of May (all platforms)?

Mondriaan

PSY・S;47041436 said:
Paid VO DLC? Has anyone ever done this before?

I assume that this is done to discourage reverse importation since launch dates in the west are actually close to the Japanese launch date.

If the choices are wait one year or more for localization, no Japanese V.O., or Japanese VO as pay DLC/reserve extra, I'd lean toward the last one, though.

real person.

Texture Sacrifice's cover sacrificed good art too it seems.

It's an ugly mess, hurt the eyes, and is very generic MH style cover with guys versus monster (like all of MHs,God Eater,RO..ect), the game got nice art but this crap cover is just bad.

is there any big games in late April/first half of May (all platforms)?

GTA V

FUCK YES SOUL SACRIFICE.

May is a good date too, gives something to look forward to in a month with no other releases

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hiimdaisy.jpg

Allforce

For some reason I did not think it was? As a first time is it likely to be easy to pick up?

I'm playing it now and haven't played a JRPG in probably 10 years. There's a "ridiculously easy" option in there when you start where you dont' even lose progress if you die.

I'm playing on Normal but haven't done anything substantial yet, it's all funny dialog and character exposition now.

btkadams

For some reason I did not think it was? As a first time is it likely to be easy to pick up?
i had never played a persona game before it, so you don't need to have played any previous ones to love it. i'll be honest though, i felt overwhelmed in the first couple hours because it seemed far more complicated than it really was. it walks you through things though so it's not like you're given too much decision-making at the get-go. just subscribe to the persona 4 golden thread in the gaming community tab and ask as many questions as you feel. the posters in that thread are extremely helpful to newcomers.

zulux21

Well I need to cancel my pre order for it then.

good work, Sony *smh*

for the record the full list of potentially interesting games with confirmed april/may releases in NA

Painkiller: Hell & Damnation april 5th (ps3/360)
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers april 16th (3ds)
Injustice: Gods Among Us april 16th (ps3/360/wiiu)
Dead Island Riptide april 23rd (pc/ps3/360)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen april 23rd (ps3/360)
Star Trek: The Game april 23rd (pc/ps3/360)
Last of Us, The May 7th (ps3)
Resident Evil Revelations May 21st (wiiu/ps3/360)
Remember Me May 2013 (pc/360/ps3)

aka no other vita games :p
for the heck of it the last two weeks of march should likely be looked at as well
march 19th
Dead or Alive 5 +
Gears of War: Judgment
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

march 26th
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
BioShock Infinite

if you will also notice GTA5 is absent from that list because all it has currently is a Q2 release window (which it won't be surprising when it misses that lol)

zulux21

Are they fucking serious?

they are, and given the japanese increasing concern of people importing stuff when it isn't region locked something like japanese voices that require the vita to be in the NA region make sense to try to deter people from importing it.
beyond that japanese voices aren't needed to be able to play the game, they are an extra. Some people really like them, but they do cost extra money to keep in the game. Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of people having to preorder games/pay for japanese voices if they want them, if it means more games keep their japanese voices instead of not having the option at all.
When is PSN gonna be updated =/

I assume you mean the store and the same time as always
WSGATI:pM GCT (when she gets around to it:pM Grace Chen Time)

likely sometime in the next 3-10 hours.

SmokyDave

Well, this just happened. :p

Only a few things left until I get the platinum. :D
Blimey Charlie.

I'm stuck on the silver tier getting thoroughly frustrated. The three or four crowns I have so far were totally by accident.

I don't think it helps that I never use triangle, circle, or any form of spin. I just don't get the deeper mechanics at all.

ZeroAKA

That voice track DLC preorder bonus for Soul Sacrifice is kind of dumb, but it's better than nothing. Will digital copies also get that bonus like LBP?

Twinduct

That voice track DLC preorder bonus for Soul Sacrifice is kind of dumb, but it's better than nothing. Will digital copies also get that bonus like LBP?

Well for SS it's weird, but if this brings in an era where we can get the JPN VO for JRPGs then I'm all for it.

Lets not act like it was always there.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Blimey Charlie.

I'm stuck on the silver tier getting thoroughly frustrated. The three or four crowns I have so far were totally by accident.

I don't think it helps that I never use triangle, circle, or any form of spin. I just don't get the deeper mechanics at all.

wait... what does triangle and circle do??

all i do are super top spin/backspin/left/right, and power shots... theres more?!

i was stuck on silver for awhile... was only able to get through half of them before i got so pissed that i put the game on "easy" mode. now i'm on easy mode and im stuck in gold ;___;

my skill has taken a hit though from my good days at HSG ever since Ni no kuni released and i started gravity rush...i reall y can only focus on 1 game at a time per console...if that.

eff yes for SS! will prolly get it digital - trying to go all digital with vita. as much as i want hard copies i love the fact that thelibrary is all right there on my vita. zero excess.
That game will be the start of the end of my summer :)

Let's Fish today <3!!!!
Sly 4 demo today!!!

Trigonx

Can't wait for April 30th!!! Soul Sacrifice will be mine! I was expecting a summer release, but I am very very happy about the 4/30 release :)

Those on the fence, i'm sure it will get great reviews to push you over so pre-order now :)

zulux21

Can't wait for April 30th!!! Soul Sacrifice will be mine! I was expecting a summer release, but I am very very happy about the 4/30 release :)

Those on the fence, i'm sure it will get great reviews to push you over so pre-order now :)

screw reviews, I can rarely trust them anyways, I will just play the english demo when it comes out and decide for myself whether I should preorder or not :p

Top Bottom