• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Every time I look at the Upcoming VITA Games & Apps Throughout 2013 Thread I am super impressed until I remember not enough of it is coming to the west.

My PS3 died and I've been debating whether or not to sell my vita to fund the purchase of a new one. If even half of that list was coming over it would be an easy choice

Edit: Top of the page? Buy the Coconut Dodge minis and then buy it again when the Vita version comes out

Mr E.

wait... what does triangle and circle do??

all i do are super top spin/backspin/left/right, and power shots... theres more?!

Triangle will add slightly more power. Circle will take a little off. Handy for when you haven't stopped the power bar at your desired level.
Although I imagine your used to compensating for that with back spin etc.

Think your character needs to be maxed out for this though.

Hope that helps.

Edit to add. You still press X to initiate shot.

Double Edit to add ignorant fuck.

Benedict

Every time I look at the Upcoming VITA Games & Apps Throughout 2013 Thread I am super impressed until I remember not enough of it is coming to the west.

My PS3 died and I've been debating whether or not to sell my vita to fund the purchase of a new one. If even half of that list was coming over it would be an easy choice

Edit: Top of the page? Buy the Coconut Dodge minis and then buy it again when the Vita version comes out

When is Coconut Dodge for Vita due?
Won't buy mini version.

XSEED guy did pop by the Ys Celceta Doom thread and said Ragnarok Odyssey was doing "great" for them as a counterpoint to people claiming the Vita was dead and nothing would be brought over from Japan. They're supposed to be announcing more games soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are for the Vita.

Moobabe

Its like MH without the boredom and an actual story,just try the demo when it comes out it's damn fun.

Thanks man - I never got into MH, I played it on my mate's PSP but it was a bit... grindy? Maybe I was bad at it. The screens of SS look really nice though.

Sid

Thanks man - I never got into MH, I played it on my mate's PSP but it was a bit... grindy? Maybe I was bad at it. The screens of SS look really nice though.
I've played MH and I can't stand doing the same thing over and over again,this is nowhere near as grindy,sacrifice mechanic is great and the bosses have very interesting backstories.

Carl

this is getting pretty sad, they just want to cash-in on the trophy fans. they should've make on Velocity sequel or a real Vita Velocity game that take advantage of Vita hardware instead of this up-resed port.

Lol? Their fans asked for one, and they put one in. How is that "cshing in on the trophy fans"? Your logic never fails to amuse me, Toto.

VanWinkle

Do you guys want me to film a couple of minutes from the same sections in the sly 4 demo on PS3 and Vita tonight to demonstrate the graphical differences between the PS3 and Vita versions?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
this is getting pretty sad, they just want to cash-in on the trophy fans. they should've make on Velocity sequel or a real Vita Velocity game that take advantage of Vita hardware instead of this up-resed port.

i think it's a pretty smart move...especially since none of us know finacially how they are doing.

i'm sure as a mini it was overlooked by tons...and revitalizing the game making a 1.5 version for a fraction of the cost of a new risk while getting more of an audience is the best move for them.

i think people forget the business side of things ..and you know...the difficulty of making new games/learning to software/code...

plus why would they want to put out a new game without experiementing and learning the ropes a bit. doing this will gear them up for a proper vita game.

FL is a good studio and i have faith theyll be around..

then again you are totobeni...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
wtf sony. its like they forgot the vita exists. would really love this feature on my vita :(

http://blog.sonyentertainmentnetwor...now-available-on-the-music-unlimited-service/

Each week we run down the latest new music releases to the Music Unlimited service. Now those new new releases, as well as just about everything else you listen to, will be available in higher quality.

By selecting the new high quality streaming option in Music Unlimited’s settings, listeners will be able to enjoy playback in 320 kbps AAC high fidelity audio on the web or through apps on PlayStation®3, Android smartphones and tablets, and Sony Android Walkman.

screw reviews, I can rarely trust them anyways, I will just play the english demo when it comes out and decide for myself whether I should preorder or not :p

I'm pretty sure you already said you weren't preordering, didn't you? :p

Great news, I'm glad it's coming early... I have a trip coming up at the end of May and having Soul Sacrifice on my Vita by that point will be excellent.

wtf sony. its like they forgot the vita exists. would really love this feature on my vita :(

http://blog.sonyentertainmentnetwor...now-available-on-the-music-unlimited-service/

Each week we run down the latest new music releases to the Music Unlimited service. Now those new new releases, as well as just about everything else you listen to, will be available in higher quality.

By selecting the new high quality streaming option in Music Unlimited’s settings, listeners will be able to enjoy playback in 320 kbps AAC high fidelity audio on the web or through apps on PlayStation®3, Android smartphones and tablets, and Sony Android Walkman.

To be fair, probably not many people use their Vita to listen to music, and the amount who do and who use Music Unlimited is probably even less.

I don't have any on mine. Need all that room for geams!

Carl

Meh. The best thing about the update on my phone was they made the Widget better :p

btkadams

the ios app still has black bars on the top/bottom on the iphone 5, so don't expect much from the music unlimited app team. it's also a mess to navigate.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
To be fair, probably not many people use their Vita to listen to music, and the amount who do and who use Music Unlimited is probably even less.

I don't have any on mine. Need all that room for geams!

I'm one of those people!

For $1 a month (from the PS+ special a few months back) I really like my Music Unlimited account. So I'm bummed out.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Good stuff.

Downloadable content with four new characters will be made available for Muramasa on Vita following release in Japan.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/2...to-u-s-courtesy-of-aksys/#4eCfHv3vqxogUz4d.99

they still need to cut the boring backtracking,balance the boss fights and add a dedicated jump button.

Aksys Games are publishing Muramasa.

Guess VLR did well on them for Vita then if they are willing to publish this Wii bomba on Vita.

Top Bottom