• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

B.O.O.M

I want a Tekken Tag Tournament 2 port, I would play it to death.

A new Rockbang Unplugged would be nice too.

Also, the Crash and Spyro games on US PSN.

I would be over the moon if we get a Tekken on vita. My most played franchise on the psp

If they do it, I would like it if they include some new characters, hopefully at least one original character like in Tekken DR

I know it was hinted recently it's going to happen so fingers crossed

cyborg009

Banned
I really would like a new PaRappa game or a release of the first and second games together. Or a vita release of the second game and a sale on the first game (why is it still over 20$!?) Really just some PaRappa in any form.

The creator said he could make a comeback on a handheld. Plus the Parappa stage in PSABR looked great.

I would be over the moon if we get a Tekken on vita. My most played franchise on the psp

If they do it, I would like it if they include some new characters, hopefully at least one original character like in Tekken DR

I know it was hinted recently it's going to happen so fingers crossed

Hinted? Where?

Variety is nice but I'll still end up using Hwoarang and Bryan.

I'd also like them to put DR on PSN considering how much better it is than Tekken 6 and Tekken 6 is on there.

B.O.O.M

Hinted? Where?

Variety is nice but I'll still end up using Hwoarang and Bryan.

I'd also like them to put DR on PSN considering how much better it is than Tekken 6 and Tekken 6 is on there.

Forgot the name of it but it was a fighting competing (MLG or something) and one of the commentators said he heard Tekken is coming to vita with iirc 6 new characters

Shoyz

Loco roco on vita would rule.

Patapon too. Finally a good use for bavk touch ; p

I'd have bought a Vita for Patapon alone! I don't think there could be a better announcement.

Got a preowned vita whats going on im trying to restore it but cant. Error (NW - 2026 - 0)

I think I solved the problem. Go to Settings >> Network >> Wi-Fi Settings. Then select the access point you want to connect to, then press Connect. You should be able to connect to the internet and stuff now, and there should be a green dot next to the network you selected to connect to.

Same error, but different place for it to pop up. Try editing the wifi settings?

Some starlight inception news

Mode – a 3D tower defense mode for the game. Try to imagine a top down 2D tower defense game played in 3D with spacefighters and deployable turrets which can be upgraded and repaired on the fly. This is a mode where you can take on the enemy with your fighter, or deploy turrets to help in the task. It is a lot of fun and not scripted like a single player mission. You hold off waves of fighters, and progressively larger (and better armed ships) while protecting your mothership.

Our lead programmer has been hard at work adjusting the lighting model in engine to handle huge areas, as well as generating and debugging versions of the game that work on Vita and PS3. He has also worked out a scheme for using the Vita’s gyroscope / accelerometer to control ships which we’ll be implementing and testing this month.

We did a new pass on the front end UI for the game, and have been working to give it a nice clean look while still being uniquely Starlight. We should have a screenshot of that next month once we’re more final on those revisions.

Still refining the in-game HPUD (HoloPanoramic Display) for the spacefighters, and looking at what it will take to get cockpits to work. The biggest issue with cockpits right now is getting them to be big enough on screen to make a difference in gameplay, while not taking up the entire view. This is definitely a work-in-progress. The first-person camera toggle actually is a fun experience, and gives you the feeling that you are really sitting in a fighter.

kiyomi

If you're trying to just restore it I don't see why you'd need a connection. If you can't get your Vita to restore or do anything, holding down the power button for several seconds and restarting it brings up several system options including restore.

If you're trying to just restore it I don't see why you'd need a connection. If you can't get your Vita to restore or do anything, holding down the power button for several seconds and restarting it brings up several system options including restore.
I just did this I think. It had it in the menu so I was trying to see.

fake edit: Thanks Im selecting language now

Hey guys sorry to steer this conversation elsewhere, but I just wanted to say I just got a vita case from Water Field and it's really awesome. It's very well made and the leather is nice. I already had a case but I wanted one that at least had space for extra memory cards. Plus it looks pretty classy too. I think I'm going to get one for the 3DSXL (sorry to bring it back up lol) in a couple of weeks because I love the Vita one so much.

I know this case isn't new and it may have been brought up before in threads past but I am re-recommending to anyone looking for a nice home for their vita.

Here's the link: (I got the CitySlicker in brown)
http://www.sfbags.com/products/ps-vita-cases/ps-vita-cases.php
That case is really nice.
Out of my price range but I really do like it a lot.

Going back to the games we'd like to see: Infamous.

That is all.

Well, God of War, too, and some kind of Batman game would be amazing (and judging from those domains Warner registered, maybe not totally unrealistic), but if I could just get Infamous on my Vita I'd be ecstatic.

FireCloud

Hmmm... Games I'd like to see on the Vita:

Loco roco Vita
Demon's Souls-like game
Heavenly Sword sequel
Folklore sequel
God of War sequel
Killzone game

... Well at least one dream has come true.

Edit: Oh yeah... A game like Ni no Kuni would be nice too.

Ran rp

igor53zd6P7G2.jpg

I have one question if I may.

I imported Wipeout 2048 from USA (im in Europe) and I can't redeem online pass :s. Is there any way I can do this or I can't do anything about it?

Massa

I have one question if I may.

I imported Wipeout 2048 from USA (im in Europe) and I can't redeem online pass :s. Is there any way I can do this or I can't do anything about it?

Unfortunately no. You can only play online if you switch your Vita to a US account, redeem the code and play the game on that account.

Ching Ching Ching

Winrar.

So what's a realistic game you guys would like to see announced?

Mine is terraria for vita and uncharted with multiplayer

Realistic (could run on Vita) in my wanting(s):

From Sony:

God of War
Gran Turismo
Infamous
Heavy Rain
Journey

From third party:

Red Dead Redemption (spinoff like AC3L, starring John Marston)
Demon Souls
Resident Evil 4 or 5
Okami HD
Dead Space
Soul Calibur 5
Mirrors Edge (disarming with touch would rule)
South Park Stick of Truth
A sequel to AC3:L
A real CoD
Tales of Vesperia

Ponn

Banned
Games I would like to see on Vita

KH: Birth By Sleep
FF: Crisis Core
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Final Fantasy Type Zero
FFXHD
FFXIIHD
DC Universe Online

eh, might as well go really crazy and also ask for KH 1.5HD and 2.5HD as well.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I did it. Even though I'm still playing through P3FES and I have No no Kuni and a countless stack of games unplayed, and a promise to myself not to buy this until a sale...I got Persona 4. Peer pressure is a real drawback to this thread.

UberTag

I did it. Even though I'm still playing through P3FES and I have No no Kuni and a countless stack of games unplayed, and a promise to myself not to buy this until a sale...I got Persona 4. Peer pressure is a real drawback to this thread.
The solution is to buy everything for Vita and be ultra-selective with all other platforms.

Takao

Banned
there will never be a metal gear ac!d 3

nojiri has been locked in a well furnished konami dungeon for the rest of his life after forever dead

his sentence is to make goemon pachinko games until the end of time

For those wondering about making a new thread for the vita referral program, I heard back from the mod. Basically the mod said they don't want a new thread to turn into a begging for referrals thread. Discussing the referral program here really isn't what the thread is intended for but, the mod said it's ok for now to keep the discussion about the referral program here. They will be watching this thread and make a recommendation about it at a later date.

ZeroAKA

The solution is to buy everything for Vita and be ultra-selective with all other platforms.
That's exactly what I've been doing. I've bought almost every major Vita release while not spending a penny on other systems. I've been relying on only PS+ for new PS3 games.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
That's exactly what I've been doing. I've bought almost every major Vita release while not spending a penny on other systems. I've been relying on only PS+ for new PS3 games.
Hopefully you live in Europe.

i just want Uncharted 2... dont need mp.

i'd like another TPS as well...have never been a fan of infamous ( never gave it a chance really - played the demo drunk one night for 5 minutes and wrote it off) but i could see infamous working really well here and getting me into it.

I would rebuy if they made uncharted 2 on the vita, would be utterly amazing if they had the multiplayer and made it pre- 1.05 and kept it there. One can dream =)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wish SE would port Valkyrie Profile 2 and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time to Vita.

Top Bottom