• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Thought this was interesting:

+ Deekman on February 4th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:
Any chance of seeing MG Portable Ops and Peace Walker playable on Vita. Sony have said that they need support from the game developers and no mention has been made so far of your support ever being given.
I know a lot of us would love to play both games on Vita. Any comment on if you’ve been contacted or have any plans for Vita enabling these games?

+ Dalton Link on February 4th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:
You may see MSF infiltrate the Vita in the near future. Stay tuned!

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...-exclusive-vr-missions-on-ps3/#comment-809589

oh top of the page.

Recommendations:

PS+ 1 Year subscription(If you buy a 1 year subscription you get 3 extra months)
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
Ninja Gaiden sigma plus(if you have PS+)
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Would be nice if the HD remake of Peace Walker comes to the Vita.
3AQmK.gif

Arent they already Vita compatible...just not directly on the Vita store?
I hope its something more...like the HD version.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think Peace Walker works if downloaded to your PS3 then transferred to your Vita. I think that works for NA only? And Portable Ops doesn't work on the Vita yet in NA?

Jamix012

Arent they already Vita compatible...just not directly on the Vita store?
I hope its something more...like the HD version.

In the US Peace walker is compatitable via PS3 transfer and Portable Ops is not available at all. Putting them on the store would still be a big deal for a large number of people (including myself who wants to be able to get all MGS (bar MGS4) on one console.)

AwRy108

One of the more addiciting Vita games out there.
Someone needs to revisit that formula. Another game with similar mechanics and gameplay that fixes the issues Unit 13 had would be awesome.

Agreed! Too bad Zipper Interactive isn't around to give it another shot.

Jesus, I feel like I've been waiting 50 years for a price drop. But since it's not Dark Resurrection and since DOA5+ is right around the corner, no buy.

Too little, too late Bamco.

Same thing I was thinking. Also, what's just as sad is the fact that the UMD's for these games have been this price or lower for years. I'd actually consider buying both TEKKEN 6 and Broken Destiny to play on day OLED if they were $10, but anything more is a deal breaker.

ALSO: SONY, BRING ON THE 64GB and 128GB MEMORY STICKS, PLEASE! FOLDERS, TOO, WHILE YOU'RE AT IT! TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Ran rp

Man, people have such entitlement complexes these days. Here, have a look at Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS and then try to complain about the lack of AA in the KZ Mercenary screenshots:

3DS-version-tales-of-the-abyss-25794569-400-240_zps075b2cdc.jpg

tales_of_the_ab-29_zpsc6655cf1.jpg

..the speech bubbles are so jagged that it looks like they're trying to portray anger.

No one was complaining about lack of AA...

In the US Peace walker is compatitable via PS3 transfer and Portable Ops is not available at all. Putting them on the store would still be a big deal for a large number of people (including myself who wants to be able to get all MGS (bar MGS4) on one console.)

Can I freakin' get MGS please? PLEAASE?!

AwRy108

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think Peace Walker works if downloaded to your PS3 then transferred to your Vita. I think that works for NA only? And Portable Ops doesn't work on the Vita yet in NA?

Not having either of these on the Vita store AND the omission of the HD version of Peace Walker from the Vita version of the MGS HD Collection were two giant back-hands to the faces of all Vita owners; and the fact that the PSP version of Peace Walker is still $30 on PSN is just a kick to the guts of the Vita owners who were previously back-handed...

Salaadin

Not having either of these on the Vita store AND the omission of the HD version of Peace Walker from the Vita version of the MGS HD Collection were two giant back-hands to the faces of all Vita owners; and the fact that the PSP version of Peace Walker is still $30 on PSN is just a kick to the guts of the Vita owners who were previously back-handed...

I would buy Peace Walker again in a heartbeat if they dropped the price. 15 bucks is my sweet spot for a double dip on that game.

Iacobellis

If there are two things I hope Sony will do this year, those would be to have a demo for Soul Sacrifice in the US/EU, and a beta over the summer for Killzone.

AwRy108

I would buy Peace Walker again in a heartbeat if they dropped the price. 15 bucks is my sweet spot for a double dip on that game.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, though I'd still probably just hold out for an official Vita version--I feel like it makes way too much sense for this not to happen!

zulux21

they pulled it from the blogs but my RSS feed caught it.
Zen Studios has been making pinball games for nearly a decade now, and today is one of the most exciting pinball moments for our studio! We are extremely excited to announce that Star Wars is coming to Zen Pinball 2! Zen Studios has been working closely with LucasArts to create an amazing collection of videogame pinball tables set in a galaxy far, far away!

The first pack of tables include Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Beyond these exciting tables, there are seven others in production as we speak, all to be revealed as 2013 unfolds.

Each table features a different iconic moment from the Star Wars universe, with interactive 3D characters and unique gameplay. If you have not yet downloaded Zen Pinball 2, it is pretty easy to do. The free download will give you access to a great library of pinball content, where you can download demos for each table and pick which you’d like to buy. All content is cross-buy entitled on PS3 and PS Vita.

low quality pictures of the table

breakfuss

Finally started playing Uncharted: GA last night. I'm overwhelmed by all the control options, lol. The shooting was a bit iffy at first, but I think I'm adjusting. I wonder why there's no snap aiming.

Ponn

Banned
my vita arrived, no dead pixel :D

so should I get a screen protector, if so which brand should i get?

Go Nude with the rest of us nudies! I've yet to get a scratch on the front or back of my launch vita. The only marks so far is the port where I plug the vita into the cradle. Sometimes I have to jiggle it to get it in there right.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
my vita arrived, no dead pixel :D

so should I get a screen protector, if so which brand should i get?

welcome to the vita family!! i've been rocking a hori screen protector since i got mine. completely scratchless and perfectly clear.

has PSN sales/games been announced yet for this week?

anddo0

Considering Sony basically created then to make one game and it seemed they were working on a sequel? Yes.

Plus it was a pretty good game

Sony did NOT create them. They've been around the block (at least the team). Blame Sony for poor/no marketing. The Vita has little to do with what happened between Superbot and Sony.

Oshimai

Looks like the vita curse has claimed superbot :(

I wouldn't call it the Vita curse.

I played a few games w/ some people in this forum. The game wasn't as addicting as SSB. There is nothing wrong with the 'supers' point system, but there's nothing fantastic about it either. I really hoped they were just going to copy Nintendo's damage system.

In SSB, there's something really satisfying about beating up Captain Falcon with Ness, getting his damage to about 150%, and then just blasting him outta the arena with the baseball bat. I never had this kind of moment with PSASBR.

I thought the character selection was good in this game and I'm looking forward to playing as Kat next week.

I'm sorry to hear what happened to SuperBot Ent.

When I said vita curse it was a in joke that it seems Sony closes studios who create a vita game - see Liverpool

But it sucks for superbot, they seemed really talened

zulux21

Considering Sony basically created then to make one game and it seemed they were working on a sequel? Yes.

good game or not, it was slotted as one of their big fall releases and didn't sell even close to a big fall release... games that fail to live up to expectations tends to get people fired.

Transfer with the ps3? Only mgs game I do not own right now

In EU, maybe.

Portable Ops works in NA now? They must have updated it. It didn't work for me a few months ago.

Not that I know of.

They aren't out in NA? I've had Portable Ops on my Vita since day one

Again, in EU, yes. NA, no.
Lots of shit doesn't work in NA. See the compatibility list for PSOne. :p

No.

When I said vita curse it was a in joke that it seems Sony closes studios who create a vita game - see Liverpool

But it sucks for superbot, they seemed really talened

No.

good game or not, it was slotted as one of their big fall releases and didn't sell even close to a big fall release... games that fail to live up to expectations tends to get people fired.

Never understood why they did this.
Game never charmed me from day one... in fact, I never understood where they thought the demand for such a game came from.
Then I played the demo. Seemed to be a generic (to me) take on SSB. Pretty much what I expected. Put it in the "maybe if I found a sealed PS3 copy for $15, someday" list.

breakfuss

Well, I called it. In this very forum I said that this would happen, and that it was a waste of Sony's resources. I was lampooned for it, but oh well. This game was doomed from its inception (if you can even call it that, considering they jacked the idea from Nintendo). I don't care how much marketing muscle they could have thrown behind it, the game was..."misplaced". If you're going to do something like this, do it right.

Top Bottom