• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wake-up Club |OT| Wake-up = life

SuperPac

My Wifi+3G Vita almost always decides to un-see my wifi network when it goes into standby (I turned off 3G connectivity long ago). I'm assuming this will potentially ruin Wake Up Club but guess I find out for sure tomorrow.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Finally. After three 12 player full clubs and one person being an ass and not waking up within 4 minutes (thereby screwing us) I finally got the all-wake-up in time trophy.

Leaves waking up successfully 30 times in a row (should be easy if I get bots) and doing cheers and stuff.

Finally. After three 12 player full clubs and one person being an ass and not waking up within 4 minutes (thereby screwing us) I finally got the all-wake-up in time trophy.

Leaves waking up successfully 30 times in a row (should be easy if I get bots) and doing cheers and stuff.

I don't even...

Really?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
can you set it to slowly brighten the screen before your wake-up time? so you can put it on your bedside table and it simulates a sunrise?

anddo0

It appears that if the Vita is in standby when the alarm should set off, it asks you if you want to start the app (with music other than what you selected) and if you hit yes, it starts the app without the mini game starting and if not, the notification disappears. Odd.

-Posted from my Vita

Yep

woke up on time and was greeted wish this. I don't get it.
The Vita can't be in sleep mode? what's the point?

I tested it and set the alarm to 5:05 (with the Vita on as normal) and it worked.
I hope we're just doing something wrong or else this makes no sense; not that a clock game makes much sense to begin with.

Darktails

I woke up with 11 other people today at 6:50 AM. I was the first one to get up! Really nifty! Can't wait to wake up again tomorrow. I'll set the alarm to 5:50 AM from now on, though. :D

This Journey digital theme is so rad I hopped out of bed just to tell you guys...

This Journey digital theme is so rad.

I know, right? Much love to the Journey digital theme. :D

CrovaxPSO

Doing a test wake-up, I hit the moving avatar icon as soon as it showed up after the clock screen fades to black but it still says I took 3 seconds to wake up. Is there something else you have to do?

anddo0

Second attempt worked! Set it to 5:45 (while in sleep mode) and this time after hitting "yes" the avatar showed up on the screen like it's supposed to. Odd it didn't work the first time despite waking up within 15 seconds of the alarm. It didn't even register an attempt the first time.

2013-01-16-054834_zps2649b9a0.jpg

megalowho

Got a perfect, lots of cheering and positive reinforcement, came in third place. My wake up club is gonna kill it, we got 7:30AM on lock.

Alfredo

I got first place, yay! But everyone else seemed to wake up pretty fast, too, so I didn't get to cheer anyone on. D:

0W720.jpg

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Doesn't work for me.

I set an alarm clock for a specific time and choose the loudness and what kind of sound I want and then when it's time for the alarm clock to ring, it uses a very soft sound that plays for 5 seconds or so.

Not very practical, but I guess TROPHIES WOHOOO!

Edit: Oh, it seems if you can't avoid using the Wake-Up thing with the internet connection if you want that functionality. If you choose the Standard Alarm clock it will only play a default sound for a very short time.

Had a horrible night's sleep thanks to Wake Up Club. Really didn't know how often the Vita lit up with notifications all night. Plus, every time I'd roll over or something instead of going back to sleep I'd get all excited that it was time to wake up. Haha.

Anyway when I finally did wake up, I didn't get the screen to cheer on people. Perhaps I did something wrong, as I was trying to quickly silence it because my wife was wondering what the hell was going on.

Moonlight

Banned
This is is actually a really smart alarm clock. I never thought how much having to chase around your little bubble does to help you shake off a lot of the grogginess you feel right after getting up. Managed to get up much faster than I usually do with this thing.

Agent X

I was the first one in my group to wake up at 7:00 AM EST today! :)

This seems like a neat little alarm clock, and some of the skins are very nice, too. I think I'll continue using Wake-up Club for a while.

zroid

Banned
aw I didn't get any of you guys in my club (at least, didn't notice any familiar PSN IDs) ;(

But 23 seconds and we all made it! Weirdly it said I was in first place but it seemed like everyone was already done when I was? Eh.

This is literally the dumbest thing ever made... I love it. I woke up first in 23 seconds and cheered a couple people in my group on! Will I keep using it? Who knows, probably not, but it was the first thing I've done on my Vita in months. Felt good.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Downloaded last night and will give this a shot tomorrow morning at 5am EST.

Do I have to have Vita in a certain mode in order for this to work?

Don't have my Vita with me, but at least 10 people made the 7:30 in my group. Was confused when my squirrel avatar was moving around the screen.

zroid

Banned
I don't think I had any bots? They all seemed legit, but then again it was confusing when I woke up at seemingly the same time as everyone else and yet was told I was in first place. :S

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Doing a test wake-up, I hit the moving avatar icon as soon as it showed up after the clock screen fades to black but it still says I took 3 seconds to wake up. Is there something else you have to do?
Speed of Internet connection plays a factor.

daveo42

Banned
First morning got the all wake-up in time at the 5am EST slot.

Anyone else have issues tapping on the player icons on the Congrats screen? It seemed like I couldn't select anyone and exiting out took me back to the clock.

Shooting for a faster time tomorrow. I'm a little slow at 39 seconds.

Cudder

I don't think I had any bots? They all seemed legit, but then again it was confusing when I woke up at seemingly the same time as everyone else and yet was told I was in first place. :S
Bots just have generic first names and the same avatars, just different colors. Their avatars are ones not available on PSN. You can also wake them up by tapping on them a few times.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Woke up just before the alarm and was the first to wake in my group. Started tapping people; we all were up within 30 seconds. Felt very tense as the last guy wasn't waking at first. Felt great relief when he did. And pride when it said our group had succeeded.

This thing is the work of the devil.

zroid

Banned
Bots just have generic first names and the same avatars, just different colors. Their avatars are ones not available on PSN. You can also wake them up by tapping on them a few times.

Oh, okay. Well they definitely weren't bots then.

Top Bottom