• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2, GPU Benchmark (43 GPUs)

winjer

Gold Member

Drivers:

System Requirements​

• Minimum:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X / Intel Core i5-8600K
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 6 GB VRAM, AMD Radeon RX 580 / Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 75 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD required. 30 FPS in 1920x1080 with "Low" preset.
  • Recommended:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Intel Core i7-12700
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 8 GB VRAM, AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT / Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 75 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD required. 60 FPS in 1920x1080 with the "Ultra" preset.
R7y6dkA.jpeg

HXwMQjn.jpeg

NUBuAlB.jpeg

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
4060 ti 8 gig can play the game at 60 fps at 1440 on ultra settings.

That's not bad. You guys complain too much.

Last edited:
Did they fix the overheating issues?

There's no overheating issue with the game, unless your setup is... less than optimal. No game can overheat your CPU. If your CPU can't sustain 100% load for hours it has issues.

This game is just intense and will expose poor cooling and power issues.

It's like people asking why the game is hard rebooting their system. The game isn't, as such. It is just exposing a power issue.

T4keD0wN

Did they fix the overheating issues?
There's no overheating issue with the game, unless your setup is... less than optimal. No game can overheat your CPU. If your CPU can't sustain 100% load for hours it has issues.

It's like people asking why the game is hard rebooting their system. The game isn't, as such. It is just exposing a power issue.
Fortress of Regrets Fortress of Regrets is right, you shouldnt really be running into overheating issues, but interestingly the release day notes do mention this:
A first update will come this week. It should fix:
  • Multiple crashfix (start of the game, 1st cutscene crash, etc...)
  • Improvement to CPU overheat issue
  • Server improvements
  • Render bug improvements

Fortress of Regrets Fortress of Regrets is right, you shouldnt really be running into overheating issues, but interestingly the release day notes do mention this:

Interesting note for sure. I guess they can do optimization to hammer the CPU less and thus provide relief for people with insufficient cooling. But game code itself should not be able to overheat a suffiently cooled CPU.

My 5900X sure didn't melt while I completed the game over the weekend.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member

Steam was full of people talking about cpus and gpus being too hot.

Getting pretty hot here. I think i saw 90 degrees shortly on Gpu.

YOcfrzA.jpeg

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
This youtube channel always does something to make AMD look good. In this video they use a cpu that bottlenecks nvidia's three fastest cards. I get it's a recommended spec but c'mon, who uses two generation old cpus when benchmarking gpus?
I believe the 7800x3d is still the fastest gaming CPU available.

HogIsland

6700XT is showing its age, but there's nothing in the < 250W range that would give enough of an upgrade. I'll take a look at the 5070Ti when it's ready.

Garibaldi

I was seeing 70c on my 5950x when playing single player (30% usage). About 80c when playing the same campaign with a couple of mates. GPU (3090) was around 65c.

That AMD PBO working as intended, supporting my house heating system during these cold Northern evenings.

winjer

Gold Member
I was seeing 70c on my 5950x when playing single player (30% usage). About 80c when playing the same campaign with a couple of mates. GPU (3090) was around 65c.

That AMD PBO working as intended, supporting my house heating system during these cold Northern evenings.

PBO does so little for zen3.
Try using Curve Optimizer.

Garibaldi

PBO does so little for zen3.
Try using Curve Optimizer.
Don't really care enough to fiddle on tbh. It compiles my code extremely fast and no games ever touch the sides of stressing it. It's like 4 years old now. Can't be arsed with fiddling on with it anymore.

eNT1TY

My 4070 ti w/9900k runs similar to slightly worse than my son's 4070 super w/7800X3d, quite different than Wukong results where his runs like 15-25% better across all settings; odd results as this game is supposed to be the cpu limited one.
Edit: @ 1440p

Last edited:

JoduanER2

I guess you are talking out of your ass...

PREHZ9l.jpeg

Puscifer

• Improvement to CPU overheat issue

winjer

Gold Member
Don't really care enough to fiddle on tbh. It compiles my code extremely fast and no games ever touch the sides of stressing it. It's like 4 years old now. Can't be arsed with fiddling on with it anymore.

Chances are, all you have to do is set CO to -30 all core. And you get lower temps with higher sustained clocks.

Nikodemos

That's not entirely true.
A borked scaling governor can make the CPU run continuously in boost mode.
This is important, because modern CPUs are designed similarly to mobile SoCs. As such, they aren't intended to constantly run at full blast on all cores (not with wide-market-grade cooling solutions, anyway).

Last edited:

Braag

Pretty sure it instantly turns on CPU boost when you run the game, cause my NH-D15 goes to 1300RPM as soon as I open the game and my CPU is at 84-87 degrees while being in the main menu, before even loading a save.
It just seems kinda excessive to have CPU boost on even when nothing is happening on screen.
All my case fans are 140mm Noctua PWMs, which are supposed to be some of the most silent ones in the market. This game ramps up the CPU so hard that it makes most of the fans to go almost max RPM, so it's like playing the game in an airplane. I've never experienced something like this before, it's weird.

Edit: Seems like the first patch of the game completely fixed this. The game isn't throttling the CPU at all times anymore.

Last edited:

Xyphie

Last edited:

SpokkX

Locked 60fps at 1440p high/ultra with dlss on 4070 super and 14700f

Frankly it is pretty much technically flawless for me - i dont even see any shader stuttering at all

hlm666

Does this game use avx instructions? if so that's probably why people cpus are getting hot. Should really be stress testing your machines with avx workloads if your doing any overclocking even auto bios ones.

Chances are, all you have to do is set CO to -30 all core. And you get lower temps with higher sustained clocks.
or set the ppt to 180 watts or something for the easiest way to reduce heat.

Garibaldi

Possibly, but I like to test and ensure stability for work reliability and I'm just not in the mood to do that. 80c is well within the thermal limits of the CPU and most stuff barely get it above 65c when stressing a few cores. I'm just not that fussed about maximising it's potential.

Maybe when I have a some free time I'll look into it. Cheers.

Was kinda the same for me with a similar setup. My undervolted 3090 rarely hit 70, but my undervolted 5800X3D was near or at 80 most of the time. Usage seemed similar to most games tho, MSI Afterburner only had power about 60w with just a few threads pushing past 30%. I've seen games like Darktide (with raytracing on) & NFS Unbound pushing 80w+ on this CPU that didn't see temps pass around 70 or so 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The game has a problem with some CPUs, you need to turn off ecores on the Intel 12900K to improve performance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom