• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine |OT| No mercy. No retreat. No remorse.

Duffyside

Banned
If this Warhammer thing is going to be successful, know what it needs? Sex appeal! That's right, chicks with their tits hanging out.

I see none in the OP. Bomba confirmed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
duffyside said:
If this Warhammer thing is going to be successful, know what it needs? Sex appeal! That's right, chicks with their tits hanging out.

Sisters of Battle are sexy women.
Tov2b.jpg

ironcreed

Banned
I ended up buying Kill Team yesterday and think it is fun as hell. Very much worth the $10.00 and is highly replayable with the different Chapters, classes, perks, etc. Getting the free Powersword for Space Marine was a nice bonus as well. Nice way to set the mood and a fun little game in it's own right.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ironcreed said:
I ended up buying Kill Team yesterday and think it is fun as hell. Very much worth the $10.00 and is highly replayable with the different Chapters, classes, perks, etc. Getting the free Powersword for Space Marine was a nice bonus as well. Nice way to set the mood and a fun little game in it's own right.

I've been playing through DOW2 Chaos Rising.

weeneo

Neo Member
Vilix said:
From what I've read the Imperium of Mankind is sorta like Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union during Stalin's rein. Corrupt, repressive, paranoid, and an arrested culture.

nah,
it is more a mix. like american space nazis from the roman empire.. you'll get the point.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
duffyside said:

adepta_sororita_wip_by_r7ll.jpg

JoeBoy101

duffyside said:

You fight Chaos in the game. Now, given that it has bloodletters, the bent is probably more towards Khorne. But one thing Chaos does have you could see in DLC and/or sequel?

Slaanesh

Slaanesh is the God of hedonism and excess. But this is true in all things, not just carnal pleasures. Those who desire to indulge in the finest culinary delights, the most beautiful artworks, even the most sensual clothing, could all be amongst Slaanesh’s disciples. Just as importantly, Slaanesh is also the God of perfection. The singer striving for the most beautiful song or the warrior who seeks the perfect fighting techniques, both could be devotees of Slaanesh.

Does anyone know if the PC version will allow more than 8 vs 8?

Even if 16 players is the official number, lots of games allow the server provider/host to overpass the rule, for more players.

16 sounds like way to few. I want war goddamit. Not a goddamit kindergarden party.

Tacitus_

JoeBoy101 said:
Slaanesh is the God of hedonism and excess. But this is true in all things, not just carnal pleasures. Those who desire to indulge in the finest culinary delights, the most beautiful artworks, even the most sensual clothing, could all be amongst Slaanesh’s disciples. Just as importantly, Slaanesh is also the God of perfection. The singer striving for the most beautiful song or the warrior who seeks the perfect fighting techniques, both could be devotees of Slaanesh.

The opera scene in Fulgrim was so fucked up. Actually the whole latter half of the book was so fucked up.
It was amazing.

derFeef

Vigilant Walrus said:

Even if 16 players is the official number, lots of games allow the server provider/host to overpass the rule, for more players.

16 sounds like way to few. I want war goddamit. Not a goddamit kindergarden party.
The game is P2P, I doubt it's that flexible. And 16 sounds enough I guess, not knowing the map sizes mind you.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Vigilant Walrus said:

I'm sure someone will come up with a mod to put in more players.

Twinduct

Brothers rejoice! I have finally placed my pre-order!
Can't wait! I really hope a local scene is formed in my country. Might be a tad laggy to play with anyone outside SA!

So. fucking. psyched.

Unity2012

I was surprised and pleased to find out that Gamestop was having a "Midnite Release" for Space Marine! I am off Tuesday so it comes pretty handy.

3 More days now...

JoeBoy101

Unity2012 said:
I was surprised and pleased to find out that Gamestop was having a "Midnite Release" for Space Marine! I am off Tuesday so it comes pretty handy.

3 More days now...

IIRC, Dead Island, Warhammer, and Resistance 3 is all launching on Sept. 6th. My Gamestop just said screw it and decided on a midnite release. Pretty awesome on my end, because they do it in the CHAMPS upstairs and will have some people doing the TTG of 40K as well.

Erudite

Quoting myself from the Steam thread here; went a few pages back and didn't see it posted:
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but if you haven't pre-purchased Space Marine on Steam yet, you can get it from Direct2Drive for $38.21, which includes Darksiders as well, both of which will activate on Steam. (Just activated Darksiders, and confirmation of SM using Steamworks here)

Use the coupon at checkout: retail15

Duffyside

Banned
The pics of Warhammer chicks posted in this thread have proved my points. No booty shorts no sale!

Waiting for reviews. I want at least 4 booty shorts out of 5.

Orayn

DoctorWho said:
Any reviews out of this game?

Don't know if want.
Did you play the demo? It cuts through doubt like some overpriced cleaning product cuts through calcium, limescale and rust.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Orayn said:
Did you play the demo? It cuts through doubt like some overpriced cleaning product cuts through calcium, limescale and rust.
No multi or co-op in the demo though. Not much customization either.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
zoner said:
Hey Steam guys.

You can preload now

Thanks for the heads up. Preloading at work today and I'll preload at home over the weekend. Totally ready to stomp some Orks!

JdFoX187

Banned
For some reason, Amazon decided to cancel my release date shipping and push the delivery date back to Sept. 8. I think not Amazon, might as well go ahead and order the copy from D2D.

theDeeDubs

Preordered earlier this week. I picked up the two Space Wolves omnibus to tide me over until next week. Can't wait.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I keep waiting for the Warhammer 40k strategy game of my dreams, featuring round battles, a virtual movement ruler and the original rules from the tabletop game, together with awesome animations, missions and storyline.

:(

Erudite

Just got my code from D2D to preload! I remember the last Steamworks game I got from them I didn't get a chance to preload, so it's a nice surprise
RivalCore said:
That D2D coupon doesn't work on the Irish/UK site.

Sad face.
For the UK site, try: SAVE15D2D

Salazar

Bufbaf said:
I guess I keep waiting for the Warhammer 40k strategy game of my dreams, featuring round battles, a virtual movement ruler and the original rules from the tabletop game, together with awesome animations, missions and storyline.

:(

Play the Blood Bowl game.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Salazar said:
I did, but I never got into Blood Bowl before (and am not really a fan of the sports scenario), so the rules were pretty overwhelming and I gave up.

I want a freaking epic round based not-grid/hex-whatever 40k battle scenario with all kinds of cool terrain, point-based army editor, awesome battlefields and tactics. Blood Bowl is something completely different, except for the tactics.

Just imagine Dawn of War, but with the original ruleset and no real-time crap (not that I disliked DoW 1 or 2, it's just not what I really want to play when thinking Warhammer).

Also imagine this game, but with animated, photo realistic tabletop figurines, like the army men series, but with Warhammer. I'm drooling right now.

daedalius

Bufbaf said:
I did, but I never got into Blood Bowl before (and am not really a fan of the sports scenario), so the rules were pretty overwhelming and I gave up.

I want a freaking epic round based not-grid/hex-whatever 40k battle scenario with all kinds of cool terrain, battlefields and tactics. Blood Bowl is something completely different, except for the tactics.

Just imagine Dawn of War, but with the original ruleset and no real-time crap (not that I disliked DoW 1 or 2, it's just not what I really want to play when thinking Warhammer).

GW has already nixed anything that plays remotely like tabletop, because if there is a computer game that approximates tabletop, who is going to buy stuff for tabletop anymore?

JoeBoy101

Salazar said:

Man, I even played the TTG of Blood Bowl before (I miss my Greenskin Packers), but still, the video game is awe inspiring and overwhelming in all the rules it throws out at you. LARGE and STEEP learning curve.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
daedalius said:
GW has already nixed anything that plays remotely like tabletop, because if there is a computer game that approximates tabletop, who is going to buy stuff for tabletop anymore?

Yeah, isn't that why they originally didn't go in with Blizzard?

Do want but already have Resistance 3 coming. Hopefully Kmart has this on sale soon after release- they are good at that! Never got into the TTG but always found it interested back when I use to play Magic.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
daedalius said:
well shit.

I hate you for this, GW. Do you hear me? I will not buy Space Marine now!

daedalius said:

The guys who are psychos about painting and modeling and fiddling with the miniatures.

They could turn the whole fucking thing electronic...charge the same prices for electronic copies of the different models and miniatures and I would play because...

...easier to find opponents.

...easier to "paint" and customize your models.

...easier to store your models (read: nothing to store)

...easier to keep track of all the rules.

Between the "computerized" version and "real-life" version...they'd make a killing.

daedalius

bigdaddygamebot said:
The guys who are psychos about painting and modeling and fiddling with the miniatures.

They could turn the whole fucking thing electronic...charge the same prices for electronic copies of the different models and miniatures and I would play because...

...easier to find opponents.

...easier to "paint" and customize your models.

...easier to store your models (read: nothing to store)

...easier to keep track of all the rules.

Between the "computerized" version and "real-life" version...they'd make a killing.

While these are valid points, there is more to playing tabletop than fighting.

And a lot of people like having collections :p

daedalius said:
While these are valid points, there is more to playing tabletop than fighting.

And a lot of people like having collections :p

Painting, organizing my squads, filling out the backstory and collecting are the best things in the 40k universe. The fact that you can play with the miniatures is a cool added bonus, before the new rules set comes out.

Top Bottom