• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate |OT| Releasing Before Capcom Sues For A Game With Cameos

Still really on the fence with this one. I already own WO3 and WO3 Hyper on Wii U, and I already have Hyrule Warriors coming in in 2 weeks and SW4 comes out next month. Feels like TK are really testing me to see how far I'll go with musou games coming out within such a sort time frame.

The posts lead me to believe that the port isn't as good as the DW8XLCE and SW4 PS4 ports? If that's the case I think I can wait it off for a while and pick it up digitally next year. But even so, I seriously doubt WO3U is worse than WO3 Hyper on the Wii U. I don't know how I made it through that game and still really enjoyed it, but I did. Also kind of disappointed that no DW8XL characters made it in, particularly Lu Lingqi,

VexyWexy

Even through Troy failed, I hope Achilles continues appearing in future installments. He's my favorite new character to play, and he comes off as a much better rival to Lu Bu than Keiji or Tadakatsu.

And I love his r1.

Troy only had 8 characters, I hope if there's a WO4 they just throw them all in. Penthesilea was a badass.

So what's up with the stages that only unlock when you have a high bond between certain characters? Is there anything worthwhile in those stages in terms of unlocks? Or can I ignore them?

Alternatively, is there a quick way to increase the bond between characters I have no interest in playing other than spending money in the tea house?

When I got in touch with Sony support over the issue, I just asked for my money back so I can buy the game again later. Still no sign of anything though.

Hollycat

.... no english voices still?

WHHHHY?? All the other orochi games have english audio!

Edit: you guys lied to me, this runs like buttbutt. I want a refund. -_-

EDIT EDIT: HOLY FREAKIN CRUD. Kunoichi's new aerial special is overpowered as balls.

wasn't planning on getting this but this thread plus the Bestbuy deal convinced me
wtzgU.gif

Guess its time to upload my save from the ps3 version and get cracking

Mrbob

Finally unlocked Kasumi. Now I have my ninja dream team of Ryu, Ayane, and Kasumi tearing it up.

Even with performance issues and small graphical jump I have to say this is my favorite musou game.

hey guys first time buying one of this games and gotta say enjoying the shit out of it, now i have a couple of questions....

does it matter if i only use one dude through the whole story? i have the spear MC dude lvl 56 already but in some missions i try the recommended group and that is tough lol

Hollycat

hey guys first time buying one of this games and gotta say enjoying the shit out of it, now i have a couple of questions....

does it matter if i only use one dude through the whole story? i have the spear MC dude lvl 56 already but in some missions i try the recommended group and that is tough lol

Play whomever you want. You'll miss out on most of the content if you just stick to Ma Chao though. In the menu theres a way to level up other characters with your extra points. There are a few characters who are powerful to start with, including Ma chao and Murashi. And then there's Lu Bu and Tadakatsu Honda, who are so freaking broken they make the other characters look like stick figures.

Revan

Finally unlocked Kasumi. Now I have my ninja dream team of Ryu, Ayane, and Kasumi tearing it up.

Even with performance issues and small graphical jump I have to say this is my favorite musou game.

Just doing this myself actually - I've prestiged Ryu once already and am close to a second time....I can't wait to tear it up with the ninjas!

Play whomever you want. You'll miss out on most of the content if you just stick to Ma Chao though. In the menu theres a way to level up other characters with your extra points. There are a few characters who are powerful to start with, including Ma chao and Murashi. And then there's Lu Bu and Tadakatsu Honda, who are so freaking broken they make the other characters look like stick figures.
So if I want to unlock stuff like characters should I play recommended groups?

Edit:
For a good time try out Nemea. He has combos for DAYS, can charge crowds, pull folks in, lift them for launchers that have air enders that put them and him back on the ground with Nemea able to do another launcher and his musous are BEST. My main 4 life. I also highly recommend Ne Zha once he's unlocked, Susanoo, and Da Ji. All really fun cast. Ne Zha and Son Wukong are super fast so if you ever need to get around quick they gotch covered.

Honestly the game is loaded with good stuff. Even Lianshi is fun in this game.

Actually I think Kazuya was op when I tried her lol

I'm mostly ask because Mao is so op right now I clear stuff fast but I was wondering if I will miss unlocks like characters that are my main concern if I don't play with the recommended team.

Btw thanks for answers guys

shaowebb

For a good time try out Nemea. He has combos for DAYS, can charge crowds, pull folks in, lift them for launchers that have air enders that put them and him back on the ground with Nemea able to do another launcher and his musous are BEST. My main 4 life. I also highly recommend Ne Zha once he's unlocked, Susanoo, and Da Ji. All really fun cast. Ne Zha and Son Wukong are super fast so if you ever need to get around quick they gotch covered.

Honestly the game is loaded with good stuff. Even Lianshi is fun in this game.

Hollycat

So if I want to unlock stuff like characters should I play recommended groups?

No, the only thing you'll miss out on by not playing recommended is a little artwork and maybe 1 trophy iirc. Although you will miss out on literally tons of artwork and wallpapers if you only play 1 character.
I was just saying you'll miss out on a lot of awesome combos if you just stick with one character.

(also characters talk to different characters differently)

If you're happy with Ma Chao, there's no problem with sticking with him.

No, the only thing you'll miss out on by not playing recommended is a little artwork and maybe 1 trophy iirc. Although you will miss out on literally tons of artwork and wallpapers if you only play 1 character.
I was just saying you'll miss out on a lot of awesome combos if you just stick with one character.

(also characters talk to different characters differently)

If you're happy with Ma Chao, there's no problem with sticking with him.

Hmm I see, actually just now I realized I can use the three heroes at the same time. This Zhou dude is bad ass.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I'll play the recommended to test them all

Nohar

So, I own a 360 and a Wii U... I was wondering if I should get Warriors Orochi 3 (Hyper). The thing is I bought Dynasty Warriors 8 XL on Steam (PC), but was really put off by the atrocious clipping, with my character teleporting back a few steps after attacking all the time (especially with fast character with the Velocity skill). Now, WO3 seems to have an excellent atmosphere and musics (DW8 was a huge letdown on that regard), so I want to give it a try. Also, "gotta save them all".

Is the aforementioned problem (clipping) present in any way in WO3? Also, which version should I get? 360 or Wii U? The Wii U version (Hyper) has some nice additions, but I've heard it's the worst port...
I'm waiting for your advices here.

PS: I don't plan to buy a XOne or PS4 anytime soon, that's why I'm only interested in WO3 "vanilla" (despite the fact that I know I'm missing Xu Shu... I love this guy :'( ). I also know that HW is just around the corner, but I'm interested in both.

deim0s

After I finish the stage and the results of the battle shows up, there is a list of people I've saved or joined and below them are some SFX DW4 or Resistance warriors are now Ninjas or something became yellow turbans.

What are these?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I hear Lu Bu gets *spoiler*
smacked around the whole game? What is Cao Cao's role in WO3U?

Cao Cao doesn't have a huge role in WO3 (though really, no character has a huge role in the game, because when you have 145 characters, nobody's getting that much screen-time in general). He fights Nobunaga near the beginning because what else are you gonna do when Cao Cao and Nobunaga are in the same game, and I think the whole feud between him and Ma Chao is brought up once, but other than that...Cao Cao's pretty much in the background.

mcz117chief

So far no store in my whole country is selling or even accept pre-orders for the game, looks like I am going to go the amazon way again and hope that the game doesn't get lost on the way :/

Iorv3th

After I finish the stage and the results of the battle shows up, there is a list of people I've saved or joined and below them are some SFX DW4 or Resistance warriors are now Ninjas or something became yellow turbans.

What are these?

I believe you can use those in a create a level.

so I started the Vita game without uploading my old WO save, but I'm kind of regretting that and now want to do so

I just did the update for WO3 on ps3 and uploaded the save to PSN. Is there any way I can directly apply the save to my Vita game, or is the only time when you first start the game from scratch?

Alternatively, is there any way to delete my game save on Vita without deleting the entire game, so that I can get the prompt?

I'm sure this has been asked to death but how is the performance on the Xbox One? Trying to figure out what my free game should be when I picky up the console this week.

so I started the Vita game without uploading my old WO save, but I'm kind of regretting that and now want to do so

I just did the update for WO3 on ps3 and uploaded the save to PSN. Is there any way I can directly apply the save to my Vita game, or is the only time when you first start the game from scratch?

Alternatively, is there any way to delete my game save on Vita without deleting the entire game, so that I can get the prompt?

I believe it is, go to options, save/load then download/upload and you can pick up your save from the PSN.

I believe it is, go to options, save/load then download/upload and you can pick up your save from the PSN.

I think that is only for cross play of WO3U, I'm looking for a way to load my original PS3 WO3 data, the option they give you when first starting the game

shaowebb

Kind of curious on two things. Every now and then I am just getting huge dumps of enemies dropping scrolls. Also I somehow got Ranmaru Mori to have his sword start glowing. Its been quite awhile since I played Orochi 3 vanilla, but could someone clue me in on this? Oh and I didn't have any sort of weapon abilities for extra xp either. Kind of at a loss how I pulled these off. The scroll thing keeps happening with various folks.

EDIT: BTW Xu Shu's debut to the Orochi games is fucking amazing. His new R1 move throws his chain down and launchers a crowd and follows up into a combo which you can then follow up with your own choice of any of his air moves or combo strings. Taking into acount his already increadibly mobile and lengthy combos he now has ways to link stuff he never had before and an air starter for combos. Xu Shu continues to earn his spot as top 3 Musou fan favorite characters. Guy is amazing. Hell his on the ground ex attack is now his arrow rain of eternity that used to be his final musou from DW8! Considering his new air R1 and his ground EX take next to no meter this guy is top fucking tier.

I think that is only for cross play of WO3U, I'm looking for a way to load my original PS3 WO3 data, the option they give you when first starting the game

Just delete your Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate save data from your PSVita. You can then go through the initial process of trying to download the WO3 vanilla save file.

Hollycat

Kind of curious on two things. Every now and then I am just getting huge dumps of enemies dropping scrolls. Also I somehow got Ranmaru Mori to have his sword start glowing. Its been quite awhile since I played Orochi 3 vanilla, but could someone clue me in on this? Oh and I didn't have any sort of weapon abilities for extra xp either. Kind of at a loss how I pulled these off. The scroll thing keeps happening with various folks.

EDIT: BTW Xu Shu's debut to the Orochi games is fucking amazing. His new R1 move throws his chain down and launchers a crowd and follows up into a combo which you can then follow up with your own choice of any of his air moves or combo strings. Taking into acount his already increadibly mobile and lengthy combos he now has ways to link stuff he never had before and an air starter for combos. Xu Shu continues to earn his spot as top 3 Musou fan favorite characters. Guy is amazing. Hell his on the ground ex attack is now his arrow rain of eternity that used to be his final musou from DW8! Considering his new air R1 and his ground EX take next to no meter this guy is top fucking tier.

The scrolls are from an item you pick up that makes every enemy drop 300exp scrolls for a little while. EXP RUSH.

I don't play Ranmaru, but either you picked up an axe or Ranmaru has a special charge attack that changes the weapon like Himiko or Tachibana have.

And yeah, Xu Shus ground power attack is so ridiculously overpowered. You can even chain the attack or launch it multiple times at the same time so that enemies go flying off into the sky. I thought Kunoichis air powerattack was crazy strong since it makes her invincible for as long as you want, but Xu Shus arrow attack is capable of shutting down a huge group of enemies.

deim0s

I believe you can use those in a create a level.

Thanks.

Once I discovered that his ground R1-blot-the-sun-with-arrows-of-deathly-grace are giving me 9999 combos streaks, I'm trying hard not to use him anymore. I'll probably just slot him in Gauntlet mode.

So... I want this game. Vita or PS4? PLEASE RESPOND WITH OPINIONS. No one answered my Question about it yet on which console its good for.

Hollycat

So... I want this game. Vita or PS4? PLEASE RESPOND WITH OPINIONS. No one answered my Question about it yet on which console its good for.

Vita, while cheaper and portable has two major flaws.

1) Frequent frame rate loss down below 15fps, especially when there are horses on screen. Considering the amount of battles with cavalry, thats not good
2) Only a few enemies on screen at a time. The game acts as if enemies who aren't being rendered don't exist, so attacks that should kill more enemies only kill a few. Additionally, bosses will often not spawn in until AFTER you've passed them. Considering What Warriors Orochi 2 PSP managed to do with weaker hardware, and the fact that enemies will be visible across the map in DW8 vita, this is pretty inexcusable.

If they can increase the enemies on screen, it'll be acceptable, but at this point it feels like they put very little effort into it.

Also the character models look PS2ish.

Did anyone else have the trophies just vanish and not show up anymore?

On the Ps4 version Sony "forgot" to add the trophy list to the server so while the game unlocks them normally they are not added to your account and do not show up. Supposedly they will sync up normally once Sony flips the switch so to speak, but I have no clue if that will be the case. This would occaisionally happen on 360 and sometimes would lock you out of achievements you unlocked while the list wasn't "live". The game would think you already have the achievement locally so it wouldn't allow you to unlock it again. This happened to me with the DLC for Phantasy Star Universe. The only way to get the achievements again was pretty severe in that you had to delete your gamer profile locally and then recover it from Microsoft.

I have no experience with how Sony deals with this in regards to trophies. It is rather ridiculous that it is nearly a week since release and they still haven't bothered to fix a basic function of the game.

Reknoc

cant you play the game on vita if you get it for PS4 anyway?

portability for the vita version might not be that great as the game seems to eat battery like nobody's business

Gauntlet Mode is damn addicting. I said one more stage and that stage lasted me almost an hour, haha...

The stages do ramp up in difficulty pretty quickly though. I been cheesing it with Samurai Musou :p

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Vita, while cheaper and portable has two major flaws.

1) Frequent frame rate loss down below 15fps, especially when there are horses on screen. Considering the amount of battles with cavalry, thats not good
2) Only a few enemies on screen at a time. The game acts as if enemies who aren't being rendered don't exist, so attacks that should kill more enemies only kill a few. Additionally, bosses will often not spawn in until AFTER you've passed them. Considering What Warriors Orochi 2 PSP managed to do with weaker hardware, and the fact that enemies will be visible across the map in DW8 vita, this is pretty inexcusable.

If they can increase the enemies on screen, it'll be acceptable, but at this point it feels like they put very little effort into it.

Also the character models look PS2ish.

I completely disagree with you. I've played the game on PS3, PS4, and Vita, and it's good on all three platforms. There's always going to be less enemies in the portable versions of these games; that's a given, but it's more than playable on Vita. A bad musou port would be Dynasty Warriors 8XL, not this.

The version that feels like it got very little effort is PS4. It doesn't have the same kinds of visual upgrades that DW8XL and SW4 got.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
While the framerate constantly drops from 60 to 30 on ps4 whenever a lot of enemies get near, it sure as hell runs smoother than DW8XL - it doesn't have the constant stuttering and framerate hiccups you can see just from standing in place with an empty screen and rotating the camera.

I'm hoping SW4 doesn't have that issue.

soooo ps4? I know vita has issues, but yea.

I went with the Vita version, and while I am enjoying my time with it, I kind of wish I went PS4. The big problem for me is the amount of enemies/enemy pop-in. I just know on the PS4 it would be much more entertaining destroying much larger groups of enemies at once. The only reason to pick the Vita version in my opinion is if you really get good use out of the portability. That's the reason I got it and it is great for my waiting for bus/bus ride commute

Anyone have any tips for the last battle in chapter 6. I've lost twice to the idiot AI getting killed by the poison mist. I can't get Fu Xi to move fast enough to clear the poison before Kaguya dies, and if I stop babysitting Fu Xi to go help her he bites it.

Top Bottom