• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weight Loss Before/After Thread! (with pics)

mf.luder

I've been doing no sugar/carbs for the past 3 weeks. Haven't begun any physical aspect of it besides reffing hockey. Now that I'm off work for a bit I will be. I've managed to shave off 10 lbs so far which is good and has given me motivation.

My cheat days have been Saturdays where I eat moderate carbs. For instance, yesterday I had some potatoes with Christmas lunch. And a little bit of alcohol. In a bit I'm leaving to go to my aunts and will be tested there with her delicious meals but I will hold off and stay true to my goal.

It's just another day boys and girls, keep with it, don't give up!

Bealost

Well weight loss GAF, I have a story for you. My mother bought me some size 34 pants and a medium shirt for Christmas. I actually laughed when I opened them and said you guy give me more credit than is due. Well, I had to apologize, because the pants fit and the shirt was just slightly tight in the chest and a bit short, they actually fit me way better than I would have imagined. A surprise Christmas gift for myself.

dralla

one of my cousins is a chef, she made some peanut butter filled fudge balls and cinnamon/sugar cookies. my goodness, it was glorious. i loooooooove cinnamon flavored anything. I got me some cinnamon roasted almonds that I snack on too often. Just one more small party tomorrow. I was so full from last night I didn't eat breakfast, I went about 17 hours without food before today.

I have all my old clothes, it's quite scary how big they are. went from
to a 30" pants,
XL
to a S.

LFG

Neophyte
mmm had some sweet potato casserole...so good! and a slice of red velvet cake! got a couple medium shirts for christmas. tried them on... wow, big difference! been wearing xl forever. still a little tight around the gut, but not really that bad... don't think anybody else would notice as much (if at all) like i do. but it's great motivation to keep going and drop that last little bit!

dmag1223

Yeah, with Friday being my 21st birthday, and Christmas celebrations yesterday and today, I had no chance. I kinda fell of the wagon the past three days, but I guess I can call it a reward to myself for the progress this year. I'm down from near 260 to a little under 210 in 8 months, And I owe it a lot of it to the advice in this thread. Back on the usual diet tomorrow, and I'm actually really looking forward to bacon and eggs in the morning.

Also, did anyone run into any family over the holidays who they hadn't seen all year? All those compliments I got on my appearance were awesome.

Anyway, thanks GAF, and merry Christmas!

7aged

Well I'm now down 19.5kg, almost at the 20kg milestone. The holiday season hasn't had much of an effect, I'm still eating relatively good (a sole upshot to my shitty situation I guess).

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
one of my cousins is a chef, she made some peanut butter filled fudge balls and cinnamon/sugar cookies. my goodness, it was glorious. i loooooooove cinnamon flavored anything. I got me some cinnamon roasted almonds that I snack on too often. Just one more small party tomorrow. I was so full from last night I didn't eat breakfast, I went about 17 hours without food before today.

I have all my old clothes, it's quite scary how big they are. went from
to a 30" pants,
XL
to a S.

WOW. I wish i had your dedication.

I'm officially in skinnyfat stage right now. Last time I posted here I was like 194lbs and now I'm sitting at 185lbs and a size 32 pant, maybe 33 depending on circumstances. Everybody thinks I'm some lanky tall guy when they see me but underneath the shirt I know there's still work to be done. I need to drop 5-7 more pounds before I achieve a flat stomach with definition. All I can say is keep it up everybody, it's taking me a lot of time and work to get here and it only gets slower and harder but it's worth it.

bengraven

Are you going to finally try low carb? I've seen your posts before and pictures of you and you seem like the perfect candidate. I bet you're pretty damn insulin resistant.

It may seem like it would cost more, but don't forget that you should be eating a lot less (without much hunger). Stick to eggs, cheap (fatty) ground beef, and steamed veggies in olive oil.

I am and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of this thread and you guys.

Decided to say "fuck the New Years" and change starting today.

Wish me luck.

Cheers. *lifts the last two swallows of his last bottle of diet soda and finishes it*

I am and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of this thread and you guys.

Wish me luck.

Cheers. *lifts the last two swallows of his last bottle of diet soda and finishes it*

Good luck, you'll be fine once you settle into a routine :)

Somehow I managed to survive Christmas Eve/Day without really gaining anything. Although this morning I did treat myself to THIS. Why? Because fuck it, that's why. It was the best fudge cake I've ever had!

9x9Ea.jpg

Moobs grown on men because of increased estrogen production (which is part of why you get obese).

You want to reverse it so that testosterone is dominant, so:

• Lift HEAVY
  • Get a good night sleep
  • Take Magnesium, Vitamin D, and Zinc (supplement and/or food)
  • Sprint really fast for 6 seconds once in a while
  • Eat broccoli, spinach, and other dark green veggies
  • Eat dietary cholesterol
  • Eat dietary fat, saturated fat, etc.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-increase-testosterone-naturally/#axzz1hK7xbnMn
Aka be a man. ;)
thankyouthankyou. I feel so fucking motivated right now.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah, don't beat yourself up guys :)
Had a nice prime rib meal with potatoes, bread, salad, ice cream, etc.

Wish me luck.

Start before New Years. That's how you do it.
P90 on route for me. I know low carbing is no problem for me. I just need to lower my salad dressing calories and I'm in the clear. See if I can't match my fat/weight loss like last time I did this.

Had a ton of turkey, skin and all, roast pork, broccoli with cheese, lots of salad with mayo.
Another "Christmas" dinner to come on the 28th. Whew!

otakuderek

Little Update:

I have been working out more now. I run everyday and lift every other day. That helped me drop about 3-4 pounds so far.

I haven't changed my diet much; just eating less. Switched from sugary types of soda to water and an occasional Diet Coke or iced tea with sweet and low. Hardest part right now is trying to find something to eat while at work. Fast food is around and it's too tempting sometimes (Wendy's).

Another issue is my wife loves all pasta and baked goods and it's a staple of her diet thus it's all we really have in the pantry. She has a high metabolism and is in good shape already. I went shopping for groceries last time so I got everything I wanted from some of the recommendations here. Any advice to help switch her to healthier eating too? I have discussed it with her but she doesn't have the willpower. Thanks GAF.

dralla

Can't you just bring your own lunch to work? That's what I do. I also occasionally buy pre-cooked grilled chicken from Trader Joe's, just heat it up and eat it. They're great for quick fixes. Any local places around? A deli, italalian? seafood? Even some 711's have a 'fresh food' area.

Can't really force your wife to do something, maybe you can find something she likes better than pasta? or at the very least, eat it less frequent. You can use vegetables instead of pasta, that's generally what I do. Vegetables in garlic butter sauce or melted cheese is delicious. Carrots and hummus is pretty amazing, especially roasted red pepper hummus. I could it eat it every day, and I usually do :]

dralla

Whole wheat pasta is better than regular because you're getting more nutrients in fiber and protein, but it's still filled with a ton of starches. I don't think you need to completely avoid pasta, but remember how carb-dense it is [assuming you are doing the low-carb thing] and be careful not to over eat. I eat pasta maybe once or twice a month, I had some incredible pasta yesterday, only ate half of the dish though.

I've also become a huge fan of seafood. I had sole francese for lunch yesterday and tonight I will have left over seafood salad. It's chopped lobster, crab and something else, mixed in a lemon sauce, it is heavenly. I've got some fried shrimp, calamari and something else, looks like a french fry. And 2 lobster tails :]

Another snack I've having recently is celery sticks dipped in nacho cheese. yum

noah111

Still Alive
Somehow I managed to survive Christmas Eve/Day without really gaining anything. Although this morning I did treat myself to THIS. Why? Because fuck it, that's why. It was the best fudge cake I've ever had!

9x9Ea.jpg
BRO, I think you singlhandledly killed the motivation levels of this thread. C'mon spoiler that shit! :(

Christmas was really heavy on ice cream for me, even though it's freezing outside and I have a stomach ache now.

Man

I tried out my suit on Christmas. Was pretty shocking. Had to borrow a quite smaller one from someone else. Still, I'm up about 1.5kg after three days of no-limits. Hopefully that will balance out this week.

LosDaddie

Banned
any other secret techniques you guys know for moob removal?

Push-ups. They've definitely helped me get rid of them. That's the downside of working out for years, then taking a few years off. All the muscle turns to fat. :(

But yeah, diet & exercise are really the only solution. It takes time.

Ripclawe

Banned
good news is I made my macros.. but shit these are some bad choices when you don't plan ahead for the day.. I am trying to cut back on carbs just enough to fuel my madcow 5x5 workouts. I say about 140-150 a day should be okay..

HgrsC.jpg

alternade

Im worried you guys. Ive been working out 3 times a week and eating lean and its all been supervised, but my weight hasnt moved down any in two weeks. I know I need to keep going but this is what demotivates me so much when I dont see any progress. I feel like im doing everything right.

Dany

Banned
I havn;t gone to the doctor since last year in aug. before the weight loss, i gave blood/urine samples but i'm kinda freaking out. Everything should be alright no?

alternade

I go see my trainer on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. 30min cardio, 30min weights. Sometimes we'll do activities like kickboxing or stool jump(?).

Food wise this is my day:

Breakfast: Cereal or a yogurt or a homemade smoothie(no sugar)

Lunch: Salad or something approved by trainer.

Snack: Some kind of fruit

Dinner: I'll cook something usually chicken fish or beef. No rice unless its brown rice and even then I don't eat it very often. Or I will go get a Chinese dish from a place around the corner.

I send a picture of everything I eat to my trainer and he either approves it or not. Overall he has said that my eating is very good. I try to avoid bread if I can. I've stopped eating fast food completely.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
How many calories are you intaking?

My uneducated self might think your body is slowing your metabolism down (and keeping your weight) because you aren't eating enough. Do you feel more tired? Drinking enough water? Sleeping well?

alternade

How many calories are you intaking?

My uneducated self might think your body is slowing your metabolism down (and keeping your weight) because you aren't eating enough. Do you feel more tired? Drinking enough water? Sleeping well?

Calories I have no idea. Most of the stuff I eat I cook my self so I dont know how to even guess. I dont feel tired, I have made water my primary drink. I average around 5-7 hours of sleep.

I weigh tomorrow and was supposed to have lost 5lbs. I know my scale isnt the greatest but I should still see some movement regardless.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Don't let it get to you, just keep doing what you are doing if you know it is right.
Humans are funny creatures.

Fireye

Worry less about the weight, and more about staying on your plan. If you're eating a calorie deficit and exercising, you're on the right track.

Start making a log of what you're eating, and if you can, get a digital scale to weigh it. It's entirely possible that you're eating approved dishes, but too much of it. Oh, and try to get more sleep. At least 7 hours a night, 8 preferably.

Top Bottom