• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Are Your Day 1, Must Buy Games for the Rest of 2017

My list:

Metroid Samus Returns
Danganronpa V3
Ys 8 (which is missing from your list)
Xenoblade 2

Mario odyssey would be but I'm thinking I might make that an easy Christmas gift for or from my kids...

That's a lot, especially since I'm still working through the first half of 2017. I swear what happened last year where nothing came out for months?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
1, Hellblade
2. South Park: Fractured But Whole.
3. Yakuza Kiwami
4. The Evil Within 2
5. Wolfenstein: New Colossus

Dr.Acula

Banned
Just got a new PC and am looking forward to playing max detail Battlefront II. The first game ran and looked amazing on a 770, I can only imagine the new game on my 1080ti :D

crpav

The fool I am, Madden. I have a bad feeling about it but still stupid and buy Madden because Madden. I don't even play MUT just "offline" franchise but I'm an addict.

Other than that Mario Odyssey for sure.

Bl@de

The Evil Within 2
Outcast: Second Contact

But with Outcast I will wait for reports if it is buggy or not because it is a smaller team. So it's a maybe.

Shahed

Wow. Going through the OP, there's not a single game that for me is a 'must buy'. There's several I'm somewhat interested in, but not enough to say I'd be there Day One. Ni No Kuni II was one such game, but that got delayed.

There is one game not on OP's list which is Day 1 for me though. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana. After suffering through them on handhelds for ages, I can now finally play a Ys game on a TV with a controller

That’s a big list OP!

Starcraft: Remastered (August 14th)
Sonic Mania (August 15th)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (August 22nd)

Metroid: Samus Returns (September 15th)

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite (September 19th)

Raptomex

Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein II
Cuphead

Those are the day 1 purchases. I'll probably get others but not day 1.

I’m taking a bit of a break from games soon, but if I wasn’t I’d be getting; South Park, .hack and dragons dogma. This is a pretty barren fall for me. I expect to clean up in sales over the next year.

BlakeofT

Destiny 2, and Mario Odyssey for me.

I expect I'll get Ultra Sun as well, but they've barely shown anything about it.

m00h

Banned
Mario Odyssey.
Wolfenstein II would be a must buy, but I'm not sure yet if I'm willing to spend so much money on games in the same month.

Etrian Odyssey V almost certainly. Maybe Under Night In-Birth EXE Late [st]. And if black magic ritual succeeds then Xenoblade 2.

I've got Yakuza Kiwami preordered and that's out in a few weeks, and Sonic Mania I'm still considering.

Lothars

The main games that are locks are
Destiny 2
Super Mario odyssey
Metroid

I'll probably end up with way more those are 100%

kiguel182

Destiny 2 and Mario. Still not sure about both.

I’m sure something will jump my interest in the upcoming months but nothing I’m aware right now.

I do still have stuff from the first half I want to play and a backlog so it’s fine.

Melchiah

Bought: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Will buy: Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds
Might buy: Call of Cthulhu, The Sinking City, Vampyr

dottme

I won't say day1 as it is too early to say for sure, but under my radar:
- Mario Odyssey
- Xenoblade 2
- Knack 2
- Battle Chaser (I supported it on Kickstarter, so this one is sure)

Yakuza and Ys VIII. Also have South Park pre-ordered because ut was cheap, and probably dot hack too if it releases this year.

frontovik

Banned
I rarely do Day 1s lately. That being said, Wolfenstein is a maybe that I might get a week after release depending on favourable reviews.

Oneself

On top of my head (all PS4) :

A bunch of unlisted indies
Sine Mora
Redout
Uncharted LL
Matterfall
Horizon Frozen something
The Last Day of June
Hob
Knack 2
A Hat in Time
Wolfenstein 2

Edit: South Park

delroy

Neo Member
My list:

Everybody's Golf (due to price error)
Super Mario Odyssey
BOTW story DLC

Most everything else I can wait for a sale, or rent. Trying to cut back on spending on games when I have so many unplayed.

Edit: Xenoblade 2 as well, but I have my doubts it'll see 2017.

Piotrek

Destiny 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Battlefront 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (if they actually release it this year in the West, which I highly doubt btw)

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch) – August 29
NBA 2K18 (PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One) – September 19
Cuphead (PC, Xbox One) – September 29
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) – October 27
Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) – November 7
Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – November 17
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) – holiday 2017

hzsn724

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Samus Returns SE
Evil Within 2
Mario Odyssey

There are just too many games coming out that I want. But that will do for now. If I could get more Id get Sonic Mania and Mega Man Collection 2.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I already bought and played through Tacoma so nothing left for 2017.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely:
- Yakuza: Kiwami
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Metroid Samus Returns
- Cuphead
- Knack 2

Probably:
- Gran Turismo Sport
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole
- Uncharted: Lost Legacy

Hello, kind citizens, have you heard the good word of Lariansoft?

IJT81Fm.jpg

BTA

Off the top of my head (by which I mean the note I have on my phone): Rabbids, LiS prequel, DR V3, Culdcept, and Mario.

There'll surely be a lot more, though, particularly indie stuff that comes out of nowhere.

Top Bottom