• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What GaaS/Live Service games do you play?

I play

• Total voters

PanzerCute

AXwr6ua.jpeg

Hunt Showdown.

I don't generally play live service games although from that list, I have only played Diablo IV and that was solo only for the main campaign but got bored of it and have not returned to it since. Not particularly interested in co-op or competitive gaming personally. I prefer narrative-driven games that have a definite end.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Halo Infinite every time theres a new season and whenever ive got some free time.

Season5ReckoningKeyArt.jpg

But realistically its Genshin impact, and I havent spent a cent in either game.

genshin-impact-next-banner-schedule-event-wishes-clorinde-current.jpg

Im gonna move on to Punishing Gray Raven soonish though.

PGR_x_NieR_Automata_Feature.jpg

Last edited:
Modern Warfare III and Fallout 76.

I tried Helldivers 2 but I couldn't get into it.

Tried XDefiant, it's garbage.

I hate battle royales and extraction shooters so that shrinks my potential pool significantly.

on going: Destiny 2, FFXIV, Helldivers 2

played before but had not touched for a long time: DOTA 2, Deep Rock Galactic, Warframe, Gran Turismo.

never touched Fortnite or COD and never had much interest in any of the EA sport games.

Last edited:

Schmick

I was going to say you missed a major one, although you have listed 'Other' as an option, Counter Strike 2 has not been brought in the thread which surprises me a little.

I'm playing CS2 and HD2.

Also GAF needs to get over itself a little, GaaS games does not always mean low quality.

killatopak

Gold Member
Zero as of now.

While I don't like them, I won't entirely cut them from the type of games I play. It's all about if I have fun with it. Currently, I'm not interested in any.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
None at the moment, but within the last 6 months were Fortnite and Warframe.

I forgot that I also played Helldivers 2.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
I got 80 hours in Helldivers 2. Got more than my money’s worth. It was an absolutely blast of an experience on those first weeks. I occasionally drop in for a mission or 2 but I don’t see myself being a regular in the future.

I have no interest in any other GaaS. Unless GT7 is considered live service. There I have 300+ hours.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

Does Deep Rock Galactic count as Live Service? If so, then that one. Started recently though, and it seems a very healthy GaaS if that's the case.

Roberts

F76, Grounded. Been a while but I used to play a loooot of Sea of Thieves and Halo Infinite. Played a few rounds of Isonzo recently - it’s OK

GHG

Only iracing, but I subscribe sporadically whenever I fancy it. Which isn't always, because it can be more stress than it's worth sometimes.

In the recent years, I've seen myself mostly playing only live service (gacha) games. I have a love-hate relationship with them. I hate the repetitive time consuming grinds and the RNG. But at the same time, they tend to be the only games that provide any sort of value that I care for to keep me playing. They are usually new IPs that start out as live-service. Haven't enjoyed the direction of modern console/PC games for a while now. I'm also not a fan of when traditional IPs turn towards the live service model like Halo Infinite where they nickle and dime you on things that used to be features.

VE6CEre.png

Gp1

At this point i consider that Dota 2 plays me.

And some CS2 here and there.

Last edited:
In the recent years, I've seen myself mostly playing only live service (gacha) games. I have a love-hate relationship with them. I hate the repetitive time consuming grinds and the RNG. But at the same time, they tend to be the only games that provide any sort of value that I care for to keep me playing. They are usually new IPs that start out as live-service. Haven't enjoyed the direction of modern console/PC games for a while now. I'm also not a fan of when traditional IPs turn towards the live service model like Halo Infinite where they nickle and dime you on things that used to be features.

VE6CEre.png

Given your tastes, Brown Dust 2 is one to check out. Unfortunately, the summer event is about to expire. Excellent art and RPG elements, and extremely generous for F2P. Dailies are not time-consuming and the fanservice is wild.

GreatnessRD

• Apex Legends
  • The Division 2
Between the two I've spent $30 total. Bought the season passes of Apex on PS4 and PC. Bought a season pass of Division 2 once. Never again on both fronts.

I used to play Destiny 1 & 2, Splatoon 1 & 2, and Monster Hunter World/Rise, if they count. I'll certainly play Wilds next year.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Only iracing, but I subscribe sporadically whenever I fancy it. Which isn't always, because it can be more stress than it's worth sometimes.
Fuck Iracing man. PPL talk all this good shit about it but I can't imagine doing a monthly subscription for a racing game- Even Trackmania's 20 bucks for a year was just scummy. Plus on top of the baseline 10 bucks a month you need to pay for tracks and cars, what the fuck??

I hope Assetto Corsa EVO blows it out of the water online-wise

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Fuck Iracing man. PPL talk all this good shit about it but I can't imagine doing a monthly subscription for a racing game- Even Trackmania's 20 bucks for a year was just scummy

I hope Assetto Corsa EVO blows it out of the water online-wise

It's not just the sub, they provide a fantastic service so I wouldn't even mind that so much and that in itself does a good job of filtering out the unserious racers. It's the having to purchase cars and tracks on top that irks me, and you can't even use them in the single player AI racing mode without an active sub.

Last edited:
Top Bottom