• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
fdqkmbg.jpg

The greatest of the OT

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
This stuff is dynamite. The packaging says two scoops, but I fear that would kill me. One is plenty. Even with one scoop I feel like a fucking God. I burst into the gym like a feral beast feeling like I can lift mountains. If the gym was empty, I'd be screaming after every rep just to release a bit more energy.

VF2ko8x.jpg

3 more to the pile. Frank Turner is a back catalog item for me. I continue down my Tom Waits rabbit hole.
EGjHj6dl.jpg
What player/speaker set up do you have for your records?

I have a cheap shitty player (can't remember the brand) and crappy speakers. Not sure if I want to invest in a better set up. I only have maybe 10 records. I gave up buying them and was thinking of selling the records but might be willing to give it another shot

Last edited by a moderator:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
What player/speaker set up do you have for your records?

I have a cheap shitty player (can't remember the brand) and crappy speakers. Not sure if I want to invest in a better set up. I only have maybe 10 records. I gave up buying them and was thinking of selling the records but might be willing to give it another shot

Record player is an Audio-technica LP120. I've got two headshells--one with an AT VMN540ML and one with a Nagaoka MP-110. The latter is more of an everyday cart and the former is for critical listening (giving 100% of attention to the music). I added a cork/rubber mat and Teac wash paper to help curb static. Both help but do not eliminate.
I use the phono stage on my receiver, which is a Marantz NR1200.
That powers a pair of Kef R500 speakers.
I recently upgraded my subwoofer to a Kef Kube10b.

3v0idld.mp4

MIsKowg.mp4

I think it's up to what exactly you want from the records. They're inconvenient and expensive. I enjoy the larger artwork & liner notes. I love the act of sitting down and giving attention to the music. I enjoy getting up to flip the record over. It's a bit meditative for me.

If you want to financially support the artists you love, without needing to pay $20-60 a record, just buy their music off Bandcamp or some other music store. CDs are incredibly cheap these days as well.

Vinyl is not for the feint of heart.

That said, what are you selling and how much do you want for it?

Last edited:
Record player is an Audio-technica LP120. I've got two headshells--one with an AT VMN540ML and one with a Nagaoka MP-110. The latter is more of an everyday cart and the former is for critical listening (giving 100% of attention to the music). I added a cork/rubber mat and Teac wash paper to help curb static. Both help but do not eliminate.
I use the phono stage on my receiver, which is a Marantz NR1200.
That powers a pair of Kef R500 speakers.
I recently upgraded my subwoofer to a Kef Kube10b.

3v0idld.mp4

MIsKowg.mp4

I think it's up to what exactly you want from the records. They're inconvenient and expensive. I enjoy the larger artwork & liner notes. I love the act of sitting down and giving attention to the music. I enjoy getting up to flip the record over. It's a bit meditative for me.

If you want to financially support the artists you love, without needing to pay $20-60 a record, just buy their music off Bandcamp or some other music store. CDs are incredibly cheap these days as well.

Vinyl is not for the feint of heart.

That said, what are you selling and how much do you want for it?
That's some serious set up. Not sure I could get anywhere near that. Most of my money goes on my PC lol. My player was like maybe £120 and speakers about £60 lol. I don't know about receivers but i guess I wouldn't mind buying something like that Audio Technica LP120 and if I could then connecting some decent speakers to it. That's probably as far as I'd like to go. I wouldn't get a receiver (unless it was absolutely needed) or buy headshells.

I can't remember what records I have lol. Probably the only one you'd be interested in is The Gaslight Anthem - The 59 Sound (if you don't already own it). They've been sitting in my cupboard for years. I'd sell them on eBay but don't know the best way to pack them. Was thinking of just donating them to a charity shop or something.

edit: the records i have are

gas light anthem - 59 sound
paramore - after laughter
beatles - one
the longshot - love is for losers
foxboro hot tubs - stop drop and roll
blink 182 - california
green day - revolution radio
green day - american idiot
pale waves - my mind makes noises
chvrches - the bones of what you believe

i used to have more but for some reason they were skipping? i don't know why and i returned them lol. probably it was just my shitty player. i went through a stage were i really wanted to get into it so i gues it's like a beginner set up i have lol. i have some cleaning kits and shit :messenger_grinning_smiling:

maybe i will just stick to streaming and try the bandcamp thing to support artists more. i would buy CDs but have no way of playing them.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
That's some serious set up. Not sure I could get anywhere near that. Most of my money goes on my PC lol. My player was like maybe £120 and speakers about £60 lol. I don't know about receivers but i guess I wouldn't mind buying something like that Audio Technica LP120 and if I could then connecting some decent speakers to it. That's probably as far as I'd like to go. I wouldn't get a receiver (unless it was absolutely needed) or buy headshells.

I can't remember what records I have lol. Probably the only one you'd be interested in is The Gaslight Anthem - The 59 Sound (if you don't already own it). They've been sitting in my cupboard for years. I'd sell them on eBay but don't know the best way to pack them. Was thinking of just donating them to a charity shop or something.

beatles - one
blink 182 - california

i used to have more but for some reason they were skipping? i don't know why and i returned them lol. probably it was just my shitty player. i went through a stage were i really wanted to get into it so i gues it's like a beginner set up i have lol. i have some cleaning kits and shit :messenger_grinning_smiling:

maybe i will just stick to streaming and try the bandcamp thing to support artists more. i would buy CDs but have no way of playing them.
I use Discogs to keep track of what I own and what I want. You can buy and sell there too. Your parcel service of choice most likely has specific corrugate boxes for vinyl. Mine all come in the same sort of packaging, even the ones from overseas.

An AT LP120 comes with its own phono stage. You only need a separate amplifier or receiver if you buy passive speakers. Plenty come powered or active these days. Active speakers just mean the amplification is built in.

You can put together a decent enough system for $1k. It all just depends on what you want from it. For 90% of people, streaming or digital is the way to go.

I’m just a weirdo.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist

beatles - one
blink 182 - california
A man with good taste right here.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
This stuff is dynamite. The packaging says two scoops, but I fear that would kill me. One is plenty. Even with one scoop I feel like a fucking God. I burst into the gym like a feral beast feeling like I can lift mountains. If the gym was empty, I'd be screaming after every rep just to release a bit more energy.

VF2ko8x.jpg
Suitable for the dickless Alpha male. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Exciting I know but I bought an electricity plug meter thing to measure power at the wall.

51i4GCmakAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Bought it to see exactly how much power my PC is using. Noticed I'm using quite a bit more electricity since I built it and was curious how much it's costing me to run it. Good thing is that energy prices should be dropping in a couple months.

DSCN8822.jpg

DSCN8824.jpg

DSCN8825.jpg

DSCN8821.jpg

$15 CDN at thrift store. I would estimate over 1000+ cards but I'm not counting it. What happened? Death? Some misguided soul red pilled finally"growing up" to be an Alpha Chad? Parents throwing out at one point a beloved collection thoughtlessly? A move made to downsize? Sadness comes to mind when I think how it ended up there. I don't know anything about card games though. Bonus pic of my cat Grizz who claimed the box as I put it on his bed.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I preordered the Analog Duo, probably will need an everdrive at some point or
I’m going to be in the poorhouse.
9a2EpG2.jpg

Found an awesome circa 1980s globe in great condition. Still has the USSR!
9sAumzx.jpg

Got my daughter her first retros!
41kpIpP.jpg

And what the fuck…who doesn’t need a Metal Slug slot machine!?
us8Q4un.jpg
awwww... Good father :messenger_bicep:.

one question!!! Where did you get this Metal Slug slot machine?

£400 vet bill.

Worth every penny because my cat is safe and healthy now. Had to put it on my credit card and I'll pay a bit off each week I get paid for the next while.

Can't remember the details but it was £95 just for my cat to be seen as an emergency appointment (would've been £295 if it was out of hours or on a sunday!), £60 in medication for at home, and £60 because they had to shave off a lot of her fur. She had to be put under anaesthetic and have stuff dripped into her but I can't remember the cost of all that.

My neighbour is a fucking idiot and I swear I find out if it's illegal what he's been doing then I'll be reporting him to the police.

n0razi

VF2ko8x.jpg

Theres 300mg of caffeine... 3 cups of coffee would probably do the same and cost less

£400 vet bill.

Worth every penny because my cat is safe and healthy now. Had to put it on my credit card and I'll pay a bit off each week I get paid for the next while.

Can't remember the details but it was £95 just for my cat to be seen as an emergency appointment (would've been £295 if it was out of hours or on a sunday!), £60 in medication for at home, and £60 because they had to shave off a lot of her fur. She had to be put under anaesthetic and have stuff dripped into her but I can't remember the cost of all that.

My neighbour is a fucking idiot and I swear I find out if it's illegal what he's been doing then I'll be reporting him to the police.

Ehh... I had to drop $6k on an emergency spleen removal for my dog. Had to put it on 2 cards, and worst part is she didnt make it, so had to drop another $200 for cremation and transport =/

Last edited:

Soltype

VF2ko8x.jpg
You ever tried Redcon1's stuff?, If you have, how does it compare?

Pulled these Brembos off the 08 Audi Q7 for around $100. They're getting painted and put on the GTI I'm trying to fix up.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Caffeine is the basis for all of it. Pre-workout in general is a multi-billion dollar scam for influencers to get rich by promoting extreme high margin product.

There are a lot of pre-workout supplements that are trash and do nothing for you. They're pretty much just caffeine, which isn't really going to benefit your workout sessions. It'll give you a boost of energy, but you could get the same result by downing an energy drink. I've taken poor quality pre-workout sups before that really did very little, if anything at all, for my workout.

Then there are some, like the one I'm using, that provide a real benefit. The proof is in the pudding. When I take this pre-workout I'm able to pull out more reps and sets during my workout. This is exceptionally beneficial when it comes to leg day! It's money well spent for me.

Barneyco

Theres 300mg of caffeine... 3 cups of coffee would probably do the same and cost less

Ehh... I had to drop $6k on an emergency spleen removal for my dog. Had to put it on 2 cards, and worst part is she didnt make it, so had to drop another $200 for cremation and transport =/
Damn that's rough. Sorry to hear that.

Mr1999

Delivered today, got it for $799 MSRP. Largest card ive had, bigger than my previous 3070ti, had to remove my AIO water cooler since the radiator blocks it, need to get a bigger case now. Looking for horizontal build with massive room.
CuXelYm.jpg

Last edited:

Tams

Scratched my Polar watch up quite a bit less than three days after getting it. Still works fine though and not the new gadget anxiety had gone at least.

I've been contemplating a kayak or Boox Ultra C. Can't really justify both, especially if I go for the fancy pants kayak.

NahaNago

Bought an 8 terabyte harddrive. The plan is to consolidate all of the junk I have in my old hard drives. It's crazy how time flies when I used to buy 250 gig for about the same price.

Also tested out my old gaming pc that I used back during the ps3 era for FF14 and surprisingly it still works. With that said I just plan on moving my music and picts from that to the new hard drive and junking the thing. Runs on windows 7 and it should have had a gtx460. I did have some trouble getting it to boot back up after I had turned it off but managed to get it back on. Didn't try any of the games I had installed on their. I might just do that tomorrow.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Ah man, now i need a copy too! If it wasn't already bad enough with buying vinyls this year, you certainly made it worse. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_heart:
I found out about these guys only about a month ago or something. Was bummed their vinyl collection was seemingly sold out. It was fate to see the new pressings. I am really tempted to buy out their entire discography but I've been buying too much lately.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I found out about these guys only about a month ago or something. Was bummed their vinyl collection was seemingly sold out. It was fate to see the new pressings. I am really tempted to buy out their entire discography but I've been buying too much lately.

This year is just crazy in regards to quality releases and new discoveries. Then you tell yourself this is the last one i buy... but suddenly you click on the wrong link and then... Fuuuck!

Top Bottom