• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Fools idol

Banned
some of you will think I'm nuts but... I've just bought a 1990's JVC D-series CRT TV for my man cave.

It cost a lot, its in mint condition and has all original box and manuals / cables. Basically bought it for my older consoles. Sight unseen through facebook so hoping when I pick it up it is as mint conditon as the guy says. It's apparently been in the 'back room' of his dad's old place and hasn't been touched for 20+ years.

This was the TV I had during the 90's and my early college years. I played all the greats of the era on it, so the nostalgia is strong. They are quite hard to come by in the UK for some reason.

Last edited:
16CCFUSMKPRDLXPLLCFP_is
A camp chef smoker. We've done a pork butt, tri tip and ribs so far. It's fun.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Recieved yesterday

3PJe27s.jpg

I've heard this book referenced so so much last year during The Higher Side podcast as a classic that everyone should read. So yeah.

Amazon had 1 copy left in stock. The odds.

Haven't read a book in a good while so it'll be a rocky start. Ay least it's readable compared to the Voynich Manuscript lmao

I've heard this book referenced so so much last year during The Higher Side podcast as a classic that everyone should read. So yeah.

Amazon had 1 copy left in stock. The odds.

Haven't read a book in a good while so it'll be a rocky start. Ay least it's readable compared to the Voynich Manuscript lmao
If you do read it soon chime in here and let me know how it was. I've been looking for something different to read and honestly it looks like something I'd never even give a second glance to on a bookshelf.

Mohonky

Don't use my home theatre anymore, but wanted something for the bedroom, so I snagged a Marantz NR1510 for $589 AUD to use as a 2.1 with floor standing speakers that were on the home theatre (the avr in there was not putting out audio anymore). Annoyed me using TV sound and I have done so for ages but did miss decent sound.

Not bothered to go the whole high end anymore, so a decent little avr for 2.1 will do it for me

Raven117

This stuff is dynamite. The packaging says two scoops, but I fear that would kill me. One is plenty. Even with one scoop I feel like a fucking God. I burst into the gym like a feral beast feeling like I can lift mountains. If the gym was empty, I'd be screaming after every rep just to release a bit more energy.

VF2ko8x.jpg
I don’t take this stuff, but is it worth it? Especially of I work out at night? (Ie, can’t fall asleep)

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I don’t take this stuff, but is it worth it? Especially of I work out at night? (Ie, can’t fall asleep)

It's allowed me to pull out more reps and sets, something that caffeine alone doesn't do.

I work out in the morning, so have never taken it at night, but I'd imagine if you did so you'd be wide awake all night!

Raven117

It's allowed me to pull out more reps and sets, something that caffeine alone doesn't do.

I work out in the morning, so have never taken it at night, but I'd imagine if you did so you'd be wide awake all night!
That would be my concern. Might lay off that for awhile and keep with my protein shakes.

Nester99

We bought our house in Feb 2022 and finally put a vinyl fence around the backyard so the kid/dog can play and not wander off. happy with how it came out but man...fences are fuckin really expensive

Did the font section of my fence two years ago. $9k Canadian for 106 feet vinyl. Need to do the back and one side but damn and other 300 feet… it’s beautiful but $$$$

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That would be my concern. Might lay off that for awhile and keep with my protein shakes.

Good idea. You want be able to sleep and recover after a twilight bulk 💪

If you do decide to try pre then do your research. Some pre products are pure trash and add zero benefit to your workout.

Raven117

Good idea. You want be able to sleep and recover after a twilight bulk 💪

If you do decide to try pre then do your research. Some pre products are pure trash and add zero benefit to your workout.
Will do, but yeah. Since most of the good ones amp one up on caffeine, I’ll probably be taking it easy. Besides, I’m an old man…. I’m not going beast mode in the gym anyway

Top Bottom