• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Go_Ly_Dow

Audio-Technica M40x for my laptop, phone and PS5.
816xGwuaaOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I bought a Wingman Converter XB2 so that I could use my old Xbox 360 arcade stick on my Xbox Series x console.
Now I can play Street Fighter 6 comfortably.

81RsxtyH+cL._AC_UL232_SR232,232_.jpg

The product has been great so far, but Im disappointed that Microsoft made this a necessary expense for me. I have skipped many fighting games on the Xbox in the past, because I couldnt play them with my arcade stick.

Persona 5 manga (vol 10) for my kindle
A bunch of audiobooks on Audible:
  • harry potter 1-7, read them all before
  • his dark materials 1-3, read them before
  • book of dust 1, read before and already have book 2 in audibook
  • his dark materials BBC radio play, love the novels so want to listen to the play
  • the silmarillion (the one narrated by andy serkis), always wanted to read it but the book is dense so hopefully audiobook is easier to get through
  • the ink black heart (by jk rowling), i'm on chapter 3 at the moment. i need to get through it before the next book!
I got a silly instant hipster camera on a whim

polaroid-nowplus-black-1-jpg.jpg

Only made three pictures with it until now and they didn't turn out very well. Was planning on capturing my cats with it but when the thing goes off they almost die from a heart attack :D
Lt4yiyR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Finally got a reasonable price on these. One or two more pairs and I'll have everything I want.
XNHHFos.jpg
p7BAL1f.jpg
caQvF8G.jpg
PbS82mD.jpg

Those look great. When i was about 5? years old 2 classmates (brothers) had the first Air Max cause their dad owned a shoe/sneaker shop. I was in awe (and jealous haha)

Great looking model. I'm not into the color scheme but damn those look dope!

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I can't make rice to save myself. It always ends up undercooked or mushy. I want to make some rice but I'll fuck it up.

It's so easy man. Boil water. Put the rice in. Set a timer. And check here and there; take a spoon, see if it's cooked enough to your liking and voila. Most rice has a specific boiling time and such.

It's so easy man. Boil water. Put the rice in. Set a timer. And check here and there; take a spoon, see if it's cooked enough to your liking and voila. Most rice has a specific boiling time and such.
I can't get the timing right. I read you should try running the rice under cold water to stop it cooking but then it ends up bland. Also I see you should cook the rice and leave it for 24 hours but that's too much hassle for me. I will get around to trying it though.

I didn't say I was going to buy a rice cooker :messenger_squinting_tongue:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I can't get the timing right. I read you should try running the rice under cold water to stop it cooking but then it ends up bland. Also I see you should cook the rice and leave it for 24 hours but that's too much hassle for me. I will get around to trying it though.

24 hours?? Never heard such a thing but who knows. Rinsing with water is to stop the "after cooking" process it's still undergoing.

It's not needed when you check it it and just remove the water.

Read the instructions on the box for minutes etc.

Some types for example need you to put it back in the pot with the lid on for x amount of minutes. Some don't etc

Really! It's easy! It just takes some effort in checking and thus means you have to stay near it the first or couple times.

Again check manually like i explained with the spoon.

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Last edited:
Those look great. When i was about 5? years old 2 classmates (brothers) had the first Air Max cause their dad owned a shoe/sneaker shop. I was in awe (and jealous haha)

Great looking model. I'm not into the color scheme but damn those look dope!
The colors don't show quite true to life. I wanted a red white and blue pair but the blue is very dark navy. I think I mentioned this before but when I was 15 I got my first job and saved up to buy my first pair of Nikes. Blue, orange and white Air Max 90 BW's. They hold a special place in my heart that's why I'm scooping up as many BW's (and air max 90's in general) as I can. When I was a kid we were dirt poor, now it's like....I dunno making up for all those years wearing Payless shoes 😅

24 hours?? Never heard such a thing but who knows. Rinsing with water is to stop the "after cooking" process it's still undergoing.

It's not needed when you check it it and just remove the water.

Read the instructions on the box for minutes etc.

Some types for example need you to put it back in the pot with the lid on for x amount of minutes. Some don't etc

Really! It's easy! It just takes some effort in checking and thus means you have to stay near it the first or couple times.

Again check manually like i explained with the spoon.

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+
Maybe not 24 hours but you cook it and then leave it in the fridge for a while. Fuck knows. I'll make some rice tomorrow and see how it goes.

Fools idol

Banned
Awesome fellow gaf’r! I’m on holiday in Crete now too. Ammoudara Beach near Heraklion.

CCEmevX.jpg

We had the gyros at a little stand by Technopolis, a few hours ago. A necessity! 👆that was 7€ !!
heh, we were on the other side of the island, near Rethymno old town. Big island, I was surprised, I always assumed it was small for some reason until we landed.

I rented a car to drive around for a few days, so many nice villages and towns to explore!

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Maybe not 24 hours but you cook it and then leave it in the fridge for a while. Fuck knows. I'll make some rice tomorrow and see how it goes.

Again it depends on the type of rice you're buying.

Please buy common white rice and look at the package WHILE IN THE STORE to see it's instructions ie IF IT'S SIMPLE.

If it involves multiple steps put it back on the rack and pick another type. Repeat until you find a very simple one.

You Got This New Girl GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom