• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Woke up. No coffee.
So had to go to the store.

pNabDkA.jpg

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Last edited:
Again it depends on the type of rice you're buying.

Please buy common white rice and look at the package WHILE IN THE STORE to see it's instructions ie IF IT'S SIMPLE.

If it involves multiple steps put it back on the rack and pick another type. Repeat until you find a very simple one.

You Got This New Girl GIF
I don't read instructions on rice. That might be why... but I've tried buying easy cook rice and it's not fucking easy.

I do have a pack of jasmine rice not opened so I will read the instructions very carefully before attempting to cook it. Going to have it for my dinner tonight so please wait for my respond to know if the rice

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I don't read instructions on rice. That might be why... but I've tried buying easy cook rice and it's not fucking easy.

I do have a pack of jasmine rice not opened so I will read the instructions very carefully before attempting to cook it. Going to have it for my dinner tonight so please wait for my respond to know if the rice

Tom Cruise What GIF

FFS Mr Nightmareslain.
You never read the instructions on the box?
And you wondered why your rice.... Nevermind.

Still; check manually once it's almost supposed to be done according to the instructions. You may prefer it slightly undercooked and vice versa. If its getting to soft IMMEDIATELY rince with cold water for a good 30 to 60 second to stop the after cooking (don't know the English term) effect.

Tom Cruise What GIF

FFS Mr Nightmareslain.
You never read the instructions on the box?
And you wondered why your rice.... Nevermind.

Still; check manually once it's almost supposed to be done according to the instructions. You may prefer it slightly undercooked and vice versa. If its getting to soft IMMEDIATELY rince with cold water for a good 30 to 60 second to stop the after cooking (don't know the English term) effect.

i know it's silly but i've never bothered to read the instructions because it seemed so simple. put rice in water and boil it. but it either isn't cooked or becomes a glueey gooey mess. maybe i need a certain amount of water for a certain weight of rice.

i suppose all my problems could be solved by reading the instructions.

just you wait i'm going to make the best rice. if not for me then for you so you can be proud of me!

2jiZh7x.jpg

edit: my airpods have arrived and i'm happy with them. impressed with the audio transparency passthrough setting and i can actually hear a bit better in my left ear with them in :messenger_open_mouth: that's soo cool. they are so much more comfortable than my old Sony earphones. lighter and don't have the feeling of my ears being plugged (if that makes sense). these earphones have a pressure vent in them so it might be that? i could see myself wearing these a lot even when not listening to music because 1) they improve my hearing 2) they are so comfortable.

bought the applecare+. it's only £29. if i had bought the earphones from apple it'd have cost £250 just for the earphones. all together buying them from amazon and buying applecare it was £258.

Last edited by a moderator:
It plays Cuphead well.

xAXbqZe.jpg

KgiyUZL.jpeg
Please tell me this is only available when the car is turned off? I get maybe having a way to play games for passengers but isn't that screen used for the basic functions of the car? Even if you're the driver why would you want to play games when you're stopped?

It's cool a car can play games but seems silly to me but hey whatever I don't own a Tesla and still rely on dinosaurs powering my car :messenger_grinning_smiling:

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Please tell me this is only available when the car is turned off? I get maybe having a way to play games for passengers but isn't that screen used for the basic functions of the car? Even if you're the driver why would you want to play games when you're stopped?

It's cool a car can play games but seems silly to me but hey whatever I don't own a Tesla and still rely on dinosaurs powering my car :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I think the main point is that you could get some entertainment while waiting for the supercharging.

Nevertheless, it is seemingly a trend to include gaming system in the EV, there are other brands that have a screen on passenger side that you can connect to your gaming consoles like Switch via HDMI.

I think the main point is that you could get some entertainment while waiting for the supercharging.

Nevertheless, it is seemingly a trend to include gaming system in the EV, there are other brands that have a screen on passenger side that you can connect to your gaming consoles like Switch via HDMI.
Oh yeah, I suppose that makes sense. Wouldn't the car charge faster if you weren't playing games though? Not trying to be funny but surely that gaming "console" would be sucking up at least 200W or more. I read it can run Steam on it so maybe it can use even more power. If gaming means waiting an extra few minutes then it's not that bad. I don't know shit just curious but yeah that make sense giving people something to do while waiting on charging. That's one big reason I'm not sold on electric cars yet. They seem to take too long to charge. Is there any sign that charging will get faster in the future?

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Oh yeah, I suppose that makes sense. Wouldn't the car charge faster if you weren't playing games though? Not trying to be funny but surely that gaming "console" would be sucking up at least 200W or more. I read it can run Steam on it so maybe it can use even more power. If gaming means waiting an extra few minutes then it's not that bad. I don't know shit just curious but yeah that make sense giving people something to do while waiting on charging. That's one big reason I'm not sold on electric cars yet. They seem to take too long to charge. Is there any sign that charging will get faster in the future?
The gaming power consumption is pretty much negligible as at V3 supercharger we are talking about 250 kW charging power.

I was actually sold on Tesla because of the supercharger. You could get 200 miles in less than 20 minutes or 75 miles in 5 minutes. At gas station I also normally use bathroom and do some stretches that takes about 10 minutes, so 20 min for 200 miles is acceptable for me.

Cyberpunkd

The gaming power consumption is pretty much negligible as at V3 supercharger we are talking about 250 kW charging power.

I was actually sold on Tesla because of the supercharger. You could get 200 miles in less than 20 minutes or 75 miles in 5 minutes. At gas station I also normally use bathroom and do some stretches that takes about 10 minutes, so 20 min for 200 miles is acceptable for me.
If you get a supercharger, and if it’s free to be used. Which is not the case probably outside California.
In Europe the only way is a hybrid, unless you use Tesla to purely commute to and from the office, and have a charger at home.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
If you get a supercharger, and if it’s free to be used. Which is not the case probably outside California.
In Europe the only way is a hybrid, unless you use Tesla to purely commute to and from the office, and have a charger at home.
A little perplexed with what you were referring to. I was only talking about the situation in the US. Superchargers are Tesla's charging network infrastructure, they are essentially the gas station equivalent for EV road trips (the rate is still cheaper than gas, in my area, charging 200 miles it is less than 20 dollars).

For daily use most people will just use the home charging options which give up to 40 miles per hour charging with a much cheaper cost.

A little perplexed with what you were referring to. I was only talking about the situation in the US. Superchargers are Tesla's charging network infrastructure, they are essentially the gas station equivalent for EV road trips (the rate is still cheaper than gas, in my area, charging 200 miles it is less than 20 dollars).

For daily use most people will just use the home charging options which give up to 40 miles per hour charging with a much cheaper cost.
For some unknown reason I thought the charging would be free in America lol.

Danknugz

last time i had to use a tesla it almost stranded me in the dead of winter in northern maine. i made it to a super charger with less than 10 miles having to drive 30mph for the last 45 miles there to conserve the battery. and i had to sit there for a whole hour to let it get to3/4 battery which was about 175 miles.

Last edited:
dEWm4RU.jpg

trying to decide if I want to play it now or wait for launch. i don't like that my save will get wiped so i'll need to start again. I could just load it up and fuck about with it to get the feel for it.

Two things:

An air popper
6 kilos of popcorn kernels

It's difficult to find a popper where I live, and I was traveling for many years before settling down, so it's been about 7 years since I've had popcorn.
iu

seriously i didn't know those existed. i've always bought microwave popcorn but my new microwave is too small so they don't all pop :( i've had to buy packets of popcorn. they aren't bad but not as good as my microwave popcorn :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyberpunkd

Portable air conditioner, I cannot install the regular one in my apartment. Once you put the isolation cloth and make sure not to keep all the doors open it works surprisingly well.

SilverLeaf

Neo Member
iu

seriously i didn't know those existed. i've always bought microwave popcorn but my new microwave is too small so they don't all pop :( i've had to buy packets of popcorn. they aren't bad but not as good as my microwave popcorn :(
I'm not a big fan of microwave popcorn because of the saturated fat. My mom used to have an oil popper that she used coconut oil with. That was very nice, but again saturated fat... The solution I've found for air popped popcorn is to get a small spray bottle that produces a fine mist and fill it with soy sauce. Not the thick type though, it needs to be sprayable. I toss the popcorn in a large bowl while misting it. If I want to add even more flavor I sprinkle some nutritional yeast over it.

It may sound odd, but every person I've convinced to try it so far loves it.

Top Bottom