• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Lesser Known Superhero Would You Like to See an Adaptation of?

MisterHero

Plastic Man and specifically Jim Carrey.

Set his origin in the 1930s and have him join the Justice League because he's immortal

He's been around forever but people prefer they were saved by a more prestigious hero like JSA's Flash or Green Lantern. So he's been forgotten over time.

woolley

Static Shock, I don't understand why this isn't in the pipeline. It would be so dope.

6360291235467738071970149438_1179530-0002.jpg

Animal Man could be awesome. Imagine how amazing it would be if Cronenberg did it? I think he's a bit too pure of mind to do a superhero movie though. People love seeing animal based movies. Have tons of monkeys. People can never get sick of apes and monkeys in movies. It's pure gold the idea.

There are quite a lot of Warren Ellis comics you could make into movies. WE3 would make an awesome animated movie.

The first volume of Authority would make an awesome movie or movies.

Black Summer could be an awesome movie. Another short and sweet superhero tale from Warren Ellis.

cesartron

Opium. It's a comic from Spain.

Opium is the villain and he always win because the hero (a tv star) it's too dumb and egocentric.

2046bdaef60088de5e822445d3d9783f.jpg

miracleman-lenil.png

Would definitely need to be either on Netflix or some other premium cable channel to fully adapt the greatness that is the Miracle Man comic.

I would kill for a Moore run adaptation of this. I was so fucking happy when they did a reprint of it. And yeah as a mini series with a set run on a premium channel/netflix.

Ugh please no. Anything but that shitty plotline lol. God Penance was such a terrible terrible idea, especially for a formerly fun character like Speedball.

Wrong. That was the only interesting thing that ever happened to him. Made perfect sense within the story line. They ruined it by going back.

Raxus

Spidergwen

Blue Beetle [Jaime] (GREAT origin story)

Question (loved him in JL)

Kamala Khan.

Granted, apart from Question and MAAAYBE Spider Gwen, I would be hard pressed to call them "Lesser known" outside of cinematic stuff.

KrebStar

Moon Knight would be so good. I'm not sure how in the hell it would work, but I'd love to see someone take a crack at The Maxx.

1oGKqfJ.jpg

MrKaepora

Diabolik

Diabolik_Ginko_Alleato_a_Sorpresa_coverart.jpg

Diabolik (Italian: [djaˈbɔːlik]) is the title and main character—an anti-hero—of an Italian comics series. He was created by sisters Angela and Luciana Giussani in 1962. His stories appear in monthly black-and-white, digest-sized booklets. The character was inspired by several previous characters from Italian and French pulp fiction

Mister Miracle the master escape artist, just because the marketing should be based around the fact his name is Scott Free, the most delicious pun in comic book history.

Swamp Thing already had a couple of movies back in the 80s, but I'd like to see a take on the character drawn more from the Alan Moore run onwards. Something more gothic and, like someone mentioned earlier, more psychological.

dfa25b74e2f39c4f9025831d50968e44.jpg

Veedot

Animal Man would be hot. Swamp Thing too.

DC

Vixen
Batwoman
Cassandra Cain
Blue Beetle

Booster Gold
The Question

Marvel

Monica Rambeau
Nextwave

Nova
Anya/Corazon/Araña
Kate Bishop
Dust (Sooraya Qadir) and the Chris Yost/Craig Kyle X-Men: Academy
Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
Ms. America
Faiza Hussein/Excalibur
Hazmat
Moon Knight
Hercules
Eric O'Grady
A-Force
Ultimates (616 version)
Thunderbolts (classic and Warren Ellis run)
You unknowingly just qualified yourself to be my best friend

Daingurse

ROM was Lovecraftian cosmic horror blended with cosmic Marvel. Along with that, you had a guy who sacrificed his mortal form to become a Space Knight who yearns for his lost physical humanity. Meanwhile, he is singularly focused on his task to hunt and kill his enemy with absolutely no mercy. Even with such a crazy background, many of the runs were intimate and felt like I was reading horror comics.

ROM is cool as hell.

You have peaked my interest, man. I have never read any ROM comics.

JeTmAn81

I've been waiting for a decent adaptation of Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman's Invincible. The main character is a mix of Superman and Spider-Man​ and there are a lot of goofy characters. It could be great.

2150486-invincible_1.jpg

Ogodei

Depends on what we're talking about with "lesser known."

DC:
Firestorm
Stargirl
Steel (not that wack Shaq movie, but something real about an average human inspired by Superman who takes up the mantle. It'd fit great into existing DCEU since Death of Superman happened there).
Zatanna

Marvel:
An Eternals adaptation to broaden the mythos beyond Thanos. Bring on Starfox, Sersi, Moondragon, Gilgamesh, and more!
Black Knight
Spider Woman
Friggin' She Hulk

Top Bottom