• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats is yours the most "Japanese" game

Steins Gate, Yakuza ?
Both have interesting premises but drown them in big piles of cringe, with repetitive ultra long winded and just garbage dialog and gameplay loops.

Japanese games are riddled with bad decisions, maybe just tone deaf plots for us, and it's no wonder their relevance declined when the west upped their story levels beginning in the 90s. With exceptions like Biohazard and Kojima stuff that are either just batshit insane and thus unique or not really Japanese just flavored a bit but certainly trying to be western compatible.
Sorry to bump this. But it's an interesting take on japanese games storylines. Guess they just take games as what they always "were"... Just games, just fun.

On the other hand, I have the opinion that along with soviet films, the only ones that can have that level of deep plotlines on film, are the japanese.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
A8yslrS.png

I know someone posted the weird looking N64 sequel that I never played... but while most games aside from the Engrish translation weren't super obviously Japanese... this fucking thing sure was. Even taught me the names of the main islands of Japan. Really fun game too.

Deerock71

I actually imported a copy of Fight Crab, then somehow this severely Nippon flavored dish made it's way to our shores. I have the collector's edition of Nintendo Detective Club 1 and 2 from Japan, but there's no easy way to get an English language pack, even though you can download them with English dubs!
Emma Stone No GIF by Searchlight Pictures

NanaMiku

I actually imported a copy of Fight Crab, then somehow this severely Nippon flavored dish made it's way to our shores. I have the collector's edition of Nintendo Detective Club 1 and 2 from Japan, but there's no easy way to get an English language pack, even though you can download them with English dubs!
Emma Stone No GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Yeah, it looks like the Japanese version only have Japanese and Chinese

288aa03dfc.png

Just a pro tip for your next purchase. If you want Japanese colletor's edition bonus for Nintendo games, you can always buy the bonus only without the game from the Japanese Nintendo Store. For example:
f8ef6d3519.png

Top Bottom