• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

MDX

Another title for Japan

Kamen Rider: Battride War II
Kamen-Rider-BR2-Also-Wii-U.jpg

The sequel to Kamen Rider: Battride War isn’t only for PlayStation 3. It was announced for PlayStation 3 earlier this week via Dengeki PlayStation magazine, but now the game’s official website reveals it’s also coming to Wii U.

Here are some game points:

This time, the Kamen Rider movies are the stage. The game revolves around a variety of Kamen Rider works from up until the Heisei era.
A new power, Ultimate Form—the specific form change from the Heisei era Kamen Rider movie—is introduced. Use the power of Ultimate Form to command the fierce battles from the movie and take down strongest enemies.
New riders and formidable enemies. The latest Rider, Gaim, and a great number of Riders from all 15 works of the Heisei era, will appear. New enemies, including various adversary Riders, will stand in players’ paths.
W and Accel from Kamen Rider W Forever: A to Z/The Gaia Memories of Fate will appear, and Kamen Rider Eternal‘s Mitsuru Matsuoka will voice Eternal.
Kamen Rider: Battride War II will launch for PlayStation 3 and Wii U in Japan on June 26. Alongside a 7,120 yen standard edition, a 10,450 yen “Premium TV & Movie Sound Edition” will also be avaiable. It will include 40 carefully selected tracks from the TV series and movies on the game disk.

http://gematsu.com/2014/02/kamen-rider-battride-war-ii-also-coming-wii-u

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Mario Kart May 30th. No other Wii U retail release dates. Also, it looks like X won't be released in 2014 in NA. For Japan it still might be though.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
They said 2014 on X in the NA ND, what makes you say otherwise?

Wait when? They said "please stay tuned". That was it. Every other title, like Bayonetta said "later this year" had a clear 2014 banner next to them.

Edit: I just watched the X part of the video again and they definitely only said "please stay tuned" in the US stream. Apparently reports said the JP stream still said 2014.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
How important is plot in the Bayonetta series? I really want 2 after seeing the direct trailer, but I have no way to play the first game.

I personally have no idea, but considering it's going to be a problem for most people, I can't imagine them alienating folks who haven't played the first one. Probably it'll either be a fairly separate story or they'll have some way of catching you up on the story.

How important is plot in the Bayonetta series? I really want 2 after seeing the direct trailer, but I have no way to play the first game.
I doubt it will break your enjoyment of the game. To be honest If you asked me to summarize Bayonetta's plot for you I'd be lost at some parts. With that said, it makes no sense why it hasn't been up-ported to the E-shop yet. It wouldn't take very long to port, it adds another game to the 2014 lineup and it builds hype for the sequel. Throw in the E3 demo of the sequel while their at it!

Draconian

Not very. I've played a bunch of the first game and I can't honestly tell you what's going on half the time. The story is kind of just like window dressing for the awesome gameplay, for me anyway.

JoV

Finally found a decently priced copy of Dues Ex: HR today!

Could have bought it for next to nothing on Steam ages ago, but wanted the Wii U version.

I will definitely pick up a Wii U before May 30th as Mario Kart 8 looks fantastic. I'm sure it'll tied me over until Super Smash Bros. Wii U is released later this year.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm a little bit disappointed that there is nothing major releasing between DKC:TF and MK8. On the other side I very much like both game and MK8 seems to be the best looking game on Wii U by far, so when it's ready, it's ready. I would have liked Bayo 2 between them. Now there is nothing for March, so I would probably hold for now on Lego The Movie and buy it after finishing playing with DKC:TF.

So Nintendo tries to fill the gap with download titles and they're fully concentrating on the second half of the year.

New prediction league

Jan.: Wii Fit U
Feb.: Donkey Kong
Mar.: --
Apr.: --
May: Mario Kart 8
Jun.: --
July: --
Aug.: Hyrule Warriors
Sep.: Bayonetta 2
Oct.: Monolith's X
Nov.: Super Smash Bros. IV
Dec.: --

I think they'll release Mario Kart 8 and leave a gap between the next release.

E3 this year is just 10 days after MK8 - release (June 10 - June 12), so I don't think they'll announce a release date for a game in July (but who knows).

Edit: wow, E3 is only 4 months away.

jmizzal

So Nintendo tries to fill the gap with download titles and they're fully concentrating on the second half of the year.

New prediction league

July: --
Aug.: Hyrule Warriors
Sep.: Bayonetta 2
Oct.: Monolith's X
Dec.: --

E3 this year is just 10 days after MK8 - release (June 10 - June 12), so I don't think they'll announce a release date for a game in July (but who knows).

I think they will have more, Nov will prob be the big NFC game, and I think Yarn Yoshi comes out this year in one of those months move Hyrule Warriors and Bayo 2 back a month

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
No X this year in the west, but animal crossing and a Nfc game announced at e3

Then, yoshi, fe x smt, x and zelda in 15 and that is all I think

Roo

I'm a little bit disappointed that there is nothing major releasing between DKC:TF and MK8. On the other side I very much like both game and MK8 seems to be the best looking game on Wii U by far, so when it's ready, it's ready. I would have liked Bayo 2 between them. Now there is nothing for March, so I would probably hold for now on Lego The Movie and buy it after finishing playing with DKC:TF.

What about previously released games?

maxcriden

*snip*

Edit: wow, E3 is only 4 months away.

Here's mine:

New prediction league

July: Wii Sports Club (Retail)
Aug.: --
Sep.: Hyrule Warriors
Oct.: Bayonetta 2
Dec.: Yarn Yoshi

2015 Feb.: Monolith's X
2015 Fall: The Legend of Zelda U

Pachimari

Didn't they say X will release in 2014 on the EU Direct?

I'm all about Mario Kart and Smash Bros this year anyway. It'll be the first time I own any game in their series on a home console.

I'm all about Mario Kart and Smash Bros this year anyway. It'll be the first time I own any game in their series on a home console.
Possibly the two best multiplayer video game franchises on the planet. Mario Kart 8 is a sure-fire hit while SSB IV just has to play as well as Melee and have a decent on-line mode to be successful.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Feeling a bit ambivalent regarding Wii U's 2014. On the one hand, it has four or maybe five (X) of my most anticipated games. On the other, that's pretty much it for me (discarding eshop titles like Shovel Knight).

Oh well. If I get 15-20 exclusive titles that I enjoy out of it during its lifetime, I feel it's well worth it for me.

tebunker

Banned
Feeling a bit ambivalent regarding Wii U's 2014. On the one hand, it has four or maybe five (X) of my most anticipated games. On the other, that's pretty much it for me (discarding eshop titles like Shovel Knight).

Oh well. If I get 15-20 exclusive titles that I enjoy out of it during its lifetime, I feel it's well worth it for me.

It is funny we as gamers are spoiled, most people would kill to have 15 to 20 exclusives in a systems lifetime worth owning.

Seriously go look at the PS3 or 360 libraries and find 15 to 120 exclusives worth owning. They don't exist. Last gen all but killed the exclusive game and it sucks because I prefer it when devs can focus on one system and can make the absolute best game for that platform

L~A

Didn't they say X will release in 2014 on the EU Direct?

Nope, they didn't. Honestly, not sure it means it won't be released in 2014. Not sure it means it will either.

Honestly, I prefer to wait and see for an actual announcement, the whole "Bravely Default moved to 2014!" after the Oct. investor meeting taught me not to jump to conclusions :p

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

I am really disappointed by gesterday direct, but I'm in love with all the wiiu games showed

I expect to own maybe 7-10 exclusives when all is said and done. I own two exclusives so far. Pikmin 3 and SM3DW. I shouldn't have bought the latter. I'll probably get DK, Kart, Smash, and Bayonetta from what was shown.

I'll be much more wary on buying any new Nintendo console in the first year unless it plays all handheld titles as well.

jmizzal

February 13th European Nintendo Direct: “stay tuned for future updates”

I took the stay tuned for future updates as to mean what it said more on the game in the future, since they didnt show a trailer. I didnt even realize they didnt say 2014 but I dont think they means much, it doesnt have a name or release date. If they knew right now that the game is 2015 I doubt they would have even shown it, it would be no where to be found like Yarn Yoshi and SMTxFE.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It is funny we as gamers are spoiled, most people would kill to have 15 to 20 exclusives in a systems lifetime worth owning.

Seriously go look at the PS3 or 360 libraries and find 15 to 120 exclusives worth owning. They don't exist. Last gen all but killed the exclusive game and it sucks because I prefer it when devs can focus on one system and can make the absolute best game for that platform

Well, i already have 6 exclusives I wouldn't want to be without on it. 8 including MHU and WWHD though those are remakes. There's also Eartbound, and Wii U is more or less the only viable alternative playing that around here, so for me 15-20 titles doesn't seem like an unrealistic expectation

That's about the same amount as the Wii had for me too.

cacildo

Now they´re rushing to get exclusives back on track, since they kind noticed 3rd parties games are terrible nowdays.

Last gen (ps3/360) killed so much stuff it will take some time for people to fully realise the size of the damage

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What about previously released games?

I have the console since launch and bought almost all the games. I'm not complaining, I have a PC and EU IV and CK II are taking a lot of my gaming time, but I really love my Wii U and specially the Gamepad, so I would prefer to play on it.

sphagnum

Banned
As I posted in the other thread:

Some further info from Unicron.com

Had a chance to talk with the game developers at ToyFair today about this game. Quite a revelation actually. Saw gameplay, high resolution image stills, chatted with the Activision team. The whole thing came as a very pleasant surprise to see similar continued use of some of the previous highly regarded video game designs. Rise of the Dark Spark has a story that incorporates War For/Fall of Cybertron and Movieverse... The game developer explained to me that it's not a Movie-based video game, but it incorporates many elements of it. Its story, "runs in parallel" to Age of Extinction.

As you can see, a portion of it takes place on Cybertron, a portion on Earth (with Age of Extinction characters.) We were told that they brought back the same star studded voice acting cast would be returning including Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime and Gregg Burger returns as AoE Grimlock (at least in the video game) a great sign!

He told us that the gameplay will be similar to that of Fall of Cybertron. Multi-player cooperative will be available, but not cooperative campaign. Things looked great. Stay tuned, more to come!

Other TF fan sites are reporting that at the Hasbro panel they pretty much stated it's a WfC/FoC vs. Bayverse game, so I would assume there's some sort of dimension hopping going on.

tebunker

Banned
I can't think of a better place to put this, and I didn't see it elsewhere, but a lot of people have talked about Lego Marvel and its framerate etc. It looks like the game got a patch and it runs a lot better. There are still some bugs here and there, but the actual game runs and plays better in SP and Co-Op. Too bad we don't get any of the dlc characters.

I can't think of a better place to put this, and I didn't see it elsewhere, but a lot of people have talked about Lego Marvel and its framerate etc. It looks like the game got a patch and it runs a lot better. There are still some bugs here and there, but the actual game runs and plays better in SP and Co-Op. Too bad we don't get any of the dlc characters.

Which region?

Top Bottom