• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

Pikmin 3 might be a little too complex for a 3 years old, but the Pikmin Adventure from Nintendo Land should be a great substitute. And it has a lot of levels and co-op.
But of course the dad can play Pikmin 3, it's a great game.

Yeah! forgot about Pikmin also! I played the crap outa the first one on gamecube. I assume it's the same formula just HD? maybe I'll just read some reviews.

AniHawk

lego movie game is already out. according to the few reviews it seems that it was rushed, but not altogether bad.

i can't tell you anything about lego city undercover other that people really seemed to enjoy it.

lego movie game is already out. according to the few reviews it seems that it was rushed, but not altogether bad.

i can't tell you anything about lego city undercover other that people really seemed to enjoy it.

Lego anything is always coming out with issues, only Lego City had the Nintendo magic of delay for polish and it showed, Remember how bad the tearing and framerate was in the E3 2012 trailer?

Not sure if the movie game and Marvel have tearing.

Whilst the 1st Party schedule looks bare, between now and Mario Kart, I'm actually not too bothered about it. There looks to be a good number of decent looking E-Shop titles over the next few months that will keep me more than busy enough until Kart:

Wooden Sen'Sey - February 2014
Ittle Dew - Feb/Mar 2014
Ballpoint Universe Infinite - March 18th 2014
Nihilumbra - March 2014
1001 Spikes - Q1 (So by end March) 2014
Monkey Pirates - Q1 (So by end March) 2014
Pier Solar - Q1 (So by end March) 2014
Scram Kitty - March 2014
Squids Odyssey - March 2014
Armillo - 24/3
Shovel Knight - 31/3
Teslagrad - Mar/April 2014
NES Remix - 25/4
Child of Light - 30/4
Q.U.B.E - April 2014

Not saying all of these will be decent or that I'll get them all. Just that if you add these into the picture, the schedule looks a little better. Obviously some of the 'Q1' may well slip to Q2 but still, should arrive before Kart.

There are also some 3DS titles to keep me busy.

lingpanda

Thanks for all the info guys! Wii party U comes with a remote? sounds like that's a no brainer. Im sure I'll be able to find Nintendoland for cheap, and the lego city undercover looks interesting.. maybe i should wait to see if the Lego Movie game will be any good? I assume it's also coming too Wii-U but if not I can just grab it for ps4.

Lego City Undercover has been my most played game on Wii U. Purchased because I wanted something to play on my U and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely has that Nintendo magic compared to other Lego games I played.

tebunker

Banned
Lego anything is always coming out with issues, only Lego City had the Nintendo magic of delay for polish and it showed, Remember how bad the tearing and framerate was in the E3 2012 trailer?

I posted this on the previous page but Lego marvel had an update that fixed a lot of graphical issues there are still some other bugs but technically it runs a lot better

JohnWest

yay, my account's finally been activated.. nice being able to write something, though i just missed out on the nin direct thread :D

anyway, didn't know where else to post this and thought this is kind of like a general wii u thread: there's currently a really nice offer for a zelda wii u bundle for 199 euros by the german shop expert..

Zelda WiiU bundle

dunno if that's already been posted and every time it's available again it's sold out after 5 mins, but they seem to get new consoles every few hours..

Tearing was the least of Lego Marvel's problems.

It was probably the buggiest Lego game they've ever released.

spekkeh

Banned
yay, my account's finally been activated.. nice being able to write something, though i just missed out on the nin direct thread :D

anyway, didn't know where else to post this and thought this is kind of like a general wii u thread: there's currently a really nice offer for a zelda wii u bundle for 199 euros by the german shop expert..

Zelda WiiU bundle

dunno if that's already been posted and every time it's available again it's sold out after 5 mins, but they seem to get new consoles every few hours..

Erm wow, I paid 100 euros more just a month ago.

Sendou

Zelda WiiU bundle

Welcome!

That's indeed a nice offer.

69wpm

According to an interview with NintendoLife, XType Plus is the next game that will feature game recordings (like in DKCTF):

Another big feature is the online leaderboard and the replay system. Each time you upload your highscore a recording of how you played is uploaded with it. Other players can browse through the highscores and watch these recordings. This is a great way to learn some new strategies or just to watch some Japanese dude totally owning the game.

This basically confirms that this feature can be implemented by anybody, devs just have to do it.

-Setsuna-

Has Animal Crossing U been officially announced? How about something like Wii Play U?
Animal Crossing Plaza acts as a teaser for the next iteration. We can expect AC U to be shown at E3 and be released in December (in Japan).

As for Wii Play, I doubt that we'll ever see a sequel to it.

Neff

Has Animal Crossing U been officially announced? How about something like Wii Play U?

I can see those two being shown at E3

I hope it's something more exciting than that. AC may bring in the dough but it does nothing for me. Played the DS game on and off for a few months before coming to the conclusion that it was a horrible waste of my time.

So I stumbled upon this on reddit and I thought it might be worth mentioning since sites have Sonic Boom as TBA
Can anyone say how reliable this site is? I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but thought it might be worthy of discussion

http://arcadesushi.com/sonic-boom-rushing-our-way-in-may/

o_O May is WAY too soon, no way they'd not have announced that date by now if it was in May, the usual fall is my guess (Oct/Nov)

Richie

So I stumbled upon this on reddit and I thought it might be worth mentioning since sites have Sonic Boom as TBA
Can anyone say how reliable this site is? I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but thought it might be worthy of discussion

The latest Direct confirmed Kart's out on May 30th; I doubt they'd have forgotten to mention Sonic if it was coming around the same time, especially with how barren the release list is.

Also, makes more sense to launch the cartoon first, then the games.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Animal Crossing Plaza acts as a teaser for the next iteration. We can expect AC U to be shown at E3 and be released in December (in Japan).

Where is this coming from?

Anth0ny

lol come on

we all know sonic will be out in october, probably the same week as the new assassin's creed, and bomb accordingly

You think Nintendo is not going to announce any games for Wii U for the next two years and still have Wii U be a thing in 2017? What a brilliant expert analysis.

Where did I say any of this? My list in fact clearly shows some games i expect NIntendo to announce later on.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Where is this coming from?

Since it was announced, Animal Crossing Plaza was stated to run until end of 2014

Animal Crossing Plaza: A new application on Wii U for Animal Crossing fans is being made available for download for free on Nintendo eShop today. The service will run through to the end of 2014, and allows Animal Crossing fans from around the world to meet, interact and exchange information through the Animal Crossing Miiverse community.

This is also emphasized on the official page of it:

Release Date: 08/07/2013 (to the end of 2014)

What would be the purpose of such an app with limited existence? The most logical thing is that it prepares an Animal Crossing game to be launched until the end of the year.

boyshine

So im planning on picking up a Wii-U for me and my young daughter. Are there any games other than mario for me and her too play? She is only three but she is pretty damn good with a controller, I've actually watched her beat levels in spelunky LOL.

250px-Kirby's_Epic_Yarn_Title.png

Get Kirby Epic Yarn for Wii and hope that the Yoshi game for Wii U is a direct sequel. 3 years is very young, but if any game would work, that would be it.

Rubixcuba

Banned
I had Wii with Ocarina of Time from Wii Shop.

Then I sold it, deleting of course all data from hdd,

I bought a WiiU, but when I linked back my Nintendo Club account on Channel Wii, no Ocarina under my history.

So I read that every purchase is device based...is there a way to retrieve my Ocarina of Time?

Nintendo support can activate it on my Wii U?

Because there's no way I will buy something else from their if this is device based.

Nintendo Club account isn't equal to an 'account' in terms of one which keeps record of purchases from devices and allows redownloading. Purchases are tied to system it was made.

tebunker

Banned

I bought a WiiU, but when I linked back my Nintendo Club account on Channel Wii, no Ocarina under my history.

So I read that every purchase is device based...is there a way to retrieve my Ocarina of Time?

Because there's no way I will buy something else from their if this is device based.

This is nothing new. They are only recently going towards account based purchases. In order to have access to you Wii purchases you have to do the wii to wiiu transfer. You can call them and they may be willing to help you, but this was always an issue with the Wii which sounds like they are getting away from going forward.

With NNID it seems like they are moving towards account based system. Not guaranteed yet, but they have made changes and are heading that way. Unfortunately they were not like this on Wii.

jmizzal

If it was connected to your club nintendo account they will be able to see that your brought it on your Wii, so they might be able to get you the game back but idk.

boyshine

Yes it was connected, so tomorrow I will shot'em a mail.

I think the problem would be that when you sold your Wii, you also sold your digital copy of Ocarina of Time. They can argue that the game is resold, you're no longer the legal owner. It's kind of your own fault if you didn't take that into account when you set the selling price.

prag16

Banned
Maybe it's true, but I didn't aware of this thing.So basically who own my old Wii own Ocarina of Time too?

Anyway I written the mail, maybe they can disable the purchase from Wii and put it into WiiU.

You could tell them you formatted the Wii before selling it (even if you actually didn't) in order to argue that "nobody" now owns your OoT. Worth a shot.

i-Jest

My guess

Jan.: Wii Fit U
Feb.: Donkey Kong
Mar.: Drought
Apr.: Drought
May: Mario Kart 8
Jun.: Drought
Jul.: Bayonetta 2
Aug.:Hyrule Warriors
Sep.: Super Smash Bros. (I already looks very far in development imo)
Oct.: Sonic Boom
Nov.: Luigi's Mansion U
Dec.: X

Q1 2015: Yarn Yoshi
Q2 2015: SMT X FE
Q3 2015: Mario Party U
Q4 2015: Zelda U

2016: Announcement of Sequel hybrid portable/console system
2017: Release of hybrid console.
2018: Wii U phasing out
H1 2019: Wii U discontinuation

I don't think Nintendo has any kind of mission plan for the Wii U 2016 and beyond really.

This looks like a pretty good time frame of things to go down. I'm only interested in Bayo 2 and X atm. Any Wii U game after those are just fillers.

250px-Kirby's_Epic_Yarn_Title.png

Get Kirby Epic Yarn for Wii and hope that the Yoshi game for Wii U is a direct sequel. 3 years is very young, but if any game would work, that would be it.

Thanks for the recommendation. So I've found a 8 gig Skylanders swap force bundle with Nintendoland included for 200$ Canadian. That seems like a pretty sweet deal, what say you Gaf?

So Nintendo tries to fill the gap with download titles and they're fully concentrating on the second half of the year.

New prediction league

Jan.: Wii Fit U
Feb.: Donkey Kong
Mar.: --
Apr.: -- Nes Remix 2
May: Mario Kart 8
Jun.: --
July: --
Aug.: Hyrule Warriors
Sep.: Bayonetta 2
Oct.: Monolith's X
Nov.: Super Smash Bros. IV
Dec.: --

This seems pretty much spot on except i dont see X making it out this year atleast in NA. 2015 and beyond though is jsut about anyones guess

Yarn Yoshi
Shin Megami Tensai X Fire Emblem
X for Na and Europe
Legend of Zelda
Animal Crossing (wouldnt be surprised if this was shown at E3)

Sendou

Where did I say any of this? My list in fact clearly shows some games i expect NIntendo to announce later on.

Nope. All of the games on your list have been announced or at least confirmed to be underway by Nintendo. I don't know why you bothered making that list. It's a reasonable guess what the release schedule might look like if they didn't announce any games for next two years. But that is kind of ridiculous, isn't it?

jimi_dini

I'm currently considering to buy a 8GB Wii U. There is an insane deal on amazon.co.uk.

Could someone please tell me, where I can get a white gamepad stand, cradle + console stand in Europe? Are those even available?

Son Of D

I'm currently considering to buy a 8GB Wii U. There is an insane deal on amazon.co.uk.

Could someone please tell me, where I can get a white gamepad stand, cradle + console stand in Europe? Are those even available?

Official ones are only in black as far as I know. You can get a third party white cradle though. Not sure about stands.

jimi_dini

Official ones are only in black as far as I know. You can get a third party white cradle though. Not sure about stands.

bugger. Found the black ones at amazon for a few bucks. Thanks.

I still decided to get it, because I have a feeling that it could take ages for Nintendo to release a white Premium in Europe ... maybe they will never do so :/
6lDWX6K.jpg

Will sell Just Dance + Wii Party U, but keep the 2 Wiimotes. For 190pounds, it's a steal.

prag16

Banned
bugger. Found the black ones at amazon for a few bucks. Thanks.

I still decided to get it, because I have a feeling that it could take ages for Nintendo to release a white Premium in Europe ... maybe they will never do so :/
6lDWX6K.jpg

Will sell Just Dance + Wii Party U, but keep the 2 Wiimotes. For 190pounds, it's a steal.

"Earthed"? You guys say that instead of "grounded"? Sounds so odd... MURICA wins. xD

Hyunickel

Neo Member
Would a Wii U be a good purchase ATM? I'm currently looking at either a PS4 or a Wii U in March. Already have an XB1 which I'm petty happy with . I also never owned a wii and would love to play some of those games such as Mario galaxy and xenoblade etc.

ozfunghi

Would a Wii U be a good purchase ATM? I'm currently looking at either a PS4 or a Wii U in March. Already have an XB1 which I'm petty happy with . I also never owned a wii and would love to play some of those games such as Mario galaxy and xenoblade etc.

Definitely. Wii has an enormous library, a lot of exclusives you won't find anywhere else.

WiiU already has a ton of great exclusives: Pikmin3, Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World, Lego City, ZombiU...

dwuuuu

Banned

Monster Hunter !!!

Zalman

Yes, go for it. Not only do you have some great Wii U games to play, but you also have a ton of Wii games.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Yeah, the Wii U does, with some irony, make a great purchase for people who skipped the Wii.

You're basically walking into a accumulated library of great games. With the caveat that locating copies of some of the finest, like Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy, could be a bit annoying / pricy.

Top Bottom