• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

Loaded Man

What's Nintendo waiting for when it comes to a disc version of Wii Sports Club in NA? Wii Sports/Sports Club were 2 killer apps on the Wii and it boggles my mind that they haven't released it on disc yet.

Just bundle it with a Wii remote and PROFIT.

Glass Joe

I don't get it, is it possible to get the Star Wars tables as DLC for ZP2 instead of having their own app? Afaik on other platformss they have both an app and DLC for ZP2, similar to what happened with the MARVEL packs (which was MARVEL Pinball AND a stand alone app). Anyone knows how does it work?

They consider Star Wars Pinball it's own game on Wii U.

What's Nintendo waiting for when it comes to a disc version of Wii Sports Club in NA? Wii Sports/Sports Club were 2 killer apps on the Wii and it boggles my mind that they haven't released it on disc yet.

Just bundle it with a Wii remote and PROFIT.

It's still missing 40% of its promised content. Baseball and Boxing. That's not really stopping them in Japan though.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
They consider Star Wars Pinball it's own game on Wii U.

It's still missing 40% of its promised content. Baseball and Boxing. That's not really stopping them in Japan though.

They're not really selling Wii Sports Club separately in Japan though. It's only in a Wii U bundle and the Wii Sports version they give is kind of gimped (you still have to pay to unlock certain features iirc). Anyways I thought Boxing was fairly crappy, and I barely played Baseball, so I think they could probably go w/ 4 out of the 5 sports. Or maybe even add a nice sport from Wii Sports Resort instead.

I do think they should release NES Remix 1 & 2 as a retail bundle here though. I'd likely buy that.

jholmes

I don't get it, is it possible to get the Star Wars tables as DLC for ZP2 instead of having their own app? Afaik on other platformss they have both an app and DLC for ZP2, similar to what happened with the MARVEL packs (which was MARVEL Pinball AND a stand alone app). Anyone knows how does it work?

I don't have the Star Wars tables, so I'm not intimately familiar, but my understanding is that you gain force points (light/dark) for your progress on the tables, and those accumulate and carry across all tables. Zen said ZP2 on Wii U wasn't built to handle that system, but on some other platforms it works.

Sounds ridiculous to me, but I seem to recall that's what they said.

Kouriozan

Just saw that, any info?

844484115.jpg

Heeeeey I'm a tad LttP but is Need for Speed for Wii U any good? The wife and I enjoyed Burnout long ago, looking for something vaguely similar.

jholmes

Heeeeey I'm a tad LttP but is Need for Speed for Wii U any good? The wife and I enjoyed Burnout long ago, looking for something vaguely similar.

It's brilliant, it's still one of the best looking games on the system and it even has online multiplayer. You can get it for under $20 now which is insane given how much content is in there.

Hoodbury

That's really great to hear, thanks for all the replies!

It is great and I liked it a lot, but just be aware the control is a bit off some people say. I don't play a lot of driving games so I just thought it was hard to get use to since I'm a newbie to the genre but it did turn some people off. (And this isn't Wii-U specific, the control was "off" for all versions)

So, just something to keep in mind. I loved it, had a great time and crashed a ton when I first started playing. After getting use to it though and all was good and a lot of fun.

prag16

Banned
It is great and I liked it a lot, but just be aware the control is a bit off some people say. I don't play a lot of driving games so I just thought it was hard to get use to since I'm a newbie to the genre but it did turn some people off. (And this isn't Wii-U specific, the control was "off" for all versions)

So, just something to keep in mind. I loved it, had a great time and crashed a ton when I first started playing. After getting use to it though and all was good and a lot of fun.

I've played a lot of racing games, and the control does indeed seem a little... off. Gran Turismo 5 feels much better (I have not played the PS3 version of NFSMW to compare). Even the driving in LEGO City felt better. It's hard to exactly describe the issue, but it just feels kind of floaty and imprecise for some reason.

jimi_dini

Hey GAF,

What would you buy - first 3D World or Mario Bros U?

And how probable is it that Ninty will release Mario Bros + Luigi Bros U on 1 disc in Europe? I don't want to miss out on Luigi Bros on physical media.

maxcriden

Hey GAF,

And how probable is it that Ninty will release Mario Bros + Luigi Bros U on 1 disc in Europe? I don't want to miss out on Luigi Bros on physical media.

You can probably just get the NSMBU/NSLU disc combo pack on eBay if that bundle came out in EU--not sure if it did, though, sorry. If not I think it's still possible.

As for what to buy first, both are great games. 3DW has a bit more content but really both are excellent. Just depends if you feel more like a 2D or 3D platformer (and if you want a 2D platformer, Tropical Freeze is even better than NSMBU).

image.jpg

If this is right list nintendo gonna start selling gamepads & will release wii play ;)

But in this list no project cars!!
Is that even legit? Young Justice got canned, and Sniper Elite 3 hasn't been announced for a Wii U, and probably won't be after how v2 panned out.

Hey GAF,

3D World. Got NSMBU at launch and hated it, 3D World is an incredible game though.

Hey GAF,

3D World is awesome, as you probably know. However, NSMBU is surprisingly good. I mean, even though I love the old 2D Marios, I hated NSMB on the DS, and found NSMB Wii to be only marginally better. I've bought NSMBU only because my wife asked me to, and was quite surprise. The game is really, really good, and has lots of content.

image.jpg

If this is right list nintendo gonna start selling gamepads & will release wii play ;)

That seems to at least semi-confirm Asscreed and COD as both say 2014 and those would be very recent entries. Whether we're getting Unity (PS4/XBO) or Comet (PS360) remains to be seen, but odds are obvious that we'd be getting the latter.

F1 would likely be All-Stars but that's on the eShop, so who knows if we're actually getting another (very doubtful).

Obviously disregard Chase Mii and Measure Up as those became Mario Chase and Wii Fit U.

It shows the Mario Kart 8 LE, hope it's true.

Three versions of Watch_Dogs. Who knows.

The Sims. I dunno, it could be EA's "return" to Wii U, it could also be nothing.

Sniper Elite V3 is listed, would be nice and not terribly surprising as we got V2 late.

Curious about Art Academy, I guess Nintendo is going to release a full-on retail package? They said the eShop one was an early version of sorts and more was on the way.

dearodie

This is also essentially a single player game. A second player can use the gamepad to change time of day, switch traffic on/off, disrupt cops when they are chasing ... but there is no splitscreen 2 player racing. Still baffling when the old Gamecube version had that. Otherwise a decent game, with soapy controls that you can get used to.

jmizzal

It's from twitter. Better ignore it unless you want to get your hopes up for nothing.

Lol there is nothing on the list to get your hopes up about, most of the stuff we know is coming or most likely is coming, it would just be interesting to me for those to be reveled now

Edit: I see the list says AssAss/C 2014, which would mean if it was true, it would be based off the AssCreed Comet the 360/PS3 version of the next game

It's brilliant, it's still one of the best looking games on the system and it even has online multiplayer. You can get it for under $20 now which is insane given how much content is in there.

I didn't even think to ask yesterday, but does it have local multiplayer?...

Riki

I will pay $1,000 for X in a heart beat!
But that also means the list is fake as hell.
No official media calls it X.

image.jpg

I assume that the games that say 12/31/14 for release just haven't had a release date set yet? Same with the games whose price is 9999.99, they just haven't had a price set yet, yeah?

Otherwise Nintendo's entire 2014 lineup is coming out on New Years Eve and will cost ten thousand dollars :p

Hey GAF,

IMHO DKCTF = SM3DW > NSMBU/NSLU

You will need both believe me!! but cannot go wrong with whatever you choose.

I have not played Rayman Legends but folks say it is very very good. I will get it soon.

image.jpg

Mmm, not sure. Young Justice League got canned, AC 2014 for Wii U has not been announced but it is Ubi who knows, Sims could be, F1 Wii U I believe was canned too in favor of F1 Race Stars, Sniper Elite V3 has not been announced and V2 did not sell well at all. The other ones are possible. I want a second pad just for myself and leave the original for the kids.

jholmes

I didn't even think to ask yesterday, but does it have local multiplayer?...

It has what Criterion referred to as a multiplayer mode, where one player has the GamePad and can turn traffic on and off, change the time of day and the weather, change the car and the like while the other drives. All those changes can also be done on the fly in single-player.

So the short answer is no, it doesn't.

daripad

What game could last me until Mario Kart 8 comes out? I have DKCTF, 3D World, NL and Pikmin 3 already. Preferably online multiplayer and cheap games.

L Thammy

What game could last me until Mario Kart 8 comes out? I have DKCTF, 3D World, NL and Pikmin 3 already. Preferably online multiplayer and cheap games.

Monster Hunter's on sale right now, isn't it? You can pretty easily get 200 hours of gameplay out of that.
Download the demo and try out different weapons - the longsword and dual swords are common starting points.

NES Remix has a surprising amount of content as well, maybe 20 hours or so to complete.

daripad

Monster Hunter's on sale right now, isn't it? You can pretty easily get 200 hours of gameplay out of that.
Download the demo and try out different weapons - the longsword and dual swords are common starting points.

NES Remix has a surprising amount of content as well, maybe 20 hours or so to complete.

Doesn't Monster Hunter require a huge amount of time to be enjoyable? I barely play 3-5 hours on weekends due to school so I'd lik something more accesible but meaty at the same time.

And NES is a good idea, though I don't know if I should wait a little if NOA releases it physically along 2 here

L Thammy

Doesn't Monster Hunter require a huge amount of time to be enjoyable? I barely play 3-5 hours on weekends due to school so I'd lik something more accesible but meaty at the same time.

And NES is a good idea, though I don't know if I should wait a little if NOA releases it physically along 2 here

The demo should give you a good idea of what to expect (less the armour crafting) and how long it takes to solo a monster - and, hey, it's free. Multiplayer is faster. There's still some tutorial stuff, though.

The Wii U games I've been waiting on since their announcement and practically the only Wii U games I've been waiting on (though I do look forward to the next Zelda) are X and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. I need both of those games and I refuse to believe SMTxFE is vapourware! And none of those are likely to release in 2014, definitely not in NA, I don't think.

Effect

Really close to buying Darksiders 2 off the eShop in addition to Pure Chess. Not sure if I should. Darksiders is discounted to $19.99 until April 1st. Yet I've never found a used or new copy that low in my area.

Yousefb

Hey guys! I'm about to finish up Arkham Origins and I'm loving it despite all the flaws and bugs. So I was hoping to get another single player heavy game on the Wii u.

So is ACIV: Black Flag worth it? I only played ACIII on the ps3 and I enjoyed it for a bit but at some point it got really repetitive. Didn't even end up finishing the game. So is ACIV any better? Cheers!

Really close to buying Darksiders 2 off the eShop in addition to Pure Chess. Not sure if I should. Darksiders is discounted to $19.99 until April 1st. Yet I've never found a used or new copy that low in my area.

I impulsively bought Darksiders II when it was on sale for $20 many months ago. I never played Darksiders I, so I felt really disconnected from the game's lore. I normally like reading everything the game has to offer, but I just couldn't be interested enough in the story. I'm also not really a fan of "gritty" games.

However, I really like the loot and customization aspects. Combat is generally really fun as well, and that's what really drew me into buying the game. It's pretty fun to find bosses and to be able to collect their weapons and such. I don't find the dungeons to be anywhere near as compelling as Zelda dungeons, but they weren't too bad.

Yousefb

Hey guys! I'm about to finish up Arkham Origins and I'm loving it despite all the flaws and bugs. So I was hoping to get another single player heavy game on the Wii u.

So is ACIV: Black Flag worth it? I only played ACIII on the ps3 and I enjoyed it for a bit but at some point it got really repetitive. Didn't even end up finishing the game. So is ACIV any better? Cheers!

for the new page

Omzz

the thing with darksiders 2 is that you are someones bitch the entire game. it's always "you want me to do this? ok do this first then I'll help you out."

the dungeons are uninspiring. too many times I've found myself going to different rooms completing those sections just to access the one huge door in the main room.

the things i did like though were the weapon system and bosses. but yeah, overall i have not been fond of this game

Top Bottom