• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Anyone using Xpadder with this? I felt like I had a pretty good set up with something akin to FFXIV (Left and Right Trigger Holds bring up different ability sets) with the default being environment interaction, but I'll be dog gone if Xpadder doesn't want to KEEP swapping what holding down LT/RT does. I guess that is more an Xpadder question than anything else,. but curious if anyone has had much success with the program and WS.

Tankshell

Anyone using Xpadder with this? I felt like I had a pretty good set up with something akin to FFXIV (Left and Right Trigger Holds bring up different ability sets) with the default being environment interaction, but I'll be dog gone if Xpadder doesn't want to KEEP swapping what holding down LT/RT does. I guess that is more an Xpadder question than anything else,. but curious if anyone has had much success with the program and WS.

No, but I have spent a while setting up a profile for Pinnacle Games Profiler. It is pretty much perfect now, playing with the 360 pad feels great!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
No, but I have spent a while setting up a profile for Pinnacle Games Profiler. It is pretty much perfect now, playing with the 360 pad feels great!

You mind PMing me your profile set up? I feel like I wasted 10 bucks, but I'm not trying to have my controllers swap on me in the middle of d a dungeon/adventure.

Wark

Sorry if this has been answered already, but how long does it take to get the 7-day guest passes? I purchased the deluxe edition last night and wanted my girlfriend to start playing with me, but I never received an e-mail with the passes.

Uthred

Didnt the tradeskills have tutorials in the beta? Been a while but I seem to recall them. Decided to try out architect with an alt, fairly confusing interface and zero instruction.

Edit: Figured it out, clearly too late to be playing ;)

aka_bueno

Quick question, howcome a lot of times the breakout mechanic won't let me break out? It displays the graphic, and one of the keys in a different color but there's no letter associated to it like there should be normally. Holding the key does nothing.

Is this normal? Is it just that a lot of CCs are unbreakable?

Quick question, howcome a lot of times the breakout mechanic won't let me break out? It displays the graphic, and one of the keys in a different color but there's no letter associated to it like there should be normally. Holding the key does nothing.

there's always a letter on those screens for me.

Somnia

If you rebound any movement key that happens and you cant break that stun. Something they are looking at apparently.

aka_bueno

there's always a letter on those screens for me.

I just figured it out. I guess it's because the breakout mechanic uses strafe left/right (Q/E) and not turn left/right keys (A/D). Since I use the mouse+A/D to strafe, I rebound Q/E to other actions.

I've been missing out on half of the breakout this whole time, thinking it was a bug. Ugh.

If you rebound any movement key that happens and you cant break that stun. Something they are looking at apparently.

Yeah, it seems like a really big oversight to be honest. I think rebinding Q/E is like the first thing a lot of people do in MMOs heh.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If there are any extra NA guest passes floating around, I would appreciate one. I can't buy the game yet, but I have a good friend who is dying to try this out. T-T

Hixx

Zhur is PVP. I am on Ascendency, PVE. Always glad to have more GAF on Ascendency :)

I'm tired and didn't see the PvE bit.

Why am I still evne awake

this game
p0QHO.gif

Somnia

Jeeze...3 hour queue on Pergo. Bleh.

All the big guilds refuse to transfer off and everyone see's Pergo as the "biggest" server so everyone keeps trying to join it.

At least it isn't 24+ hours like early access, enough people transfered off to help out some.

I'm still getting a 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour queue on Widow around 10:30pm CST every night. To me I don't look at this as a negative right now, sure it sucks, but it means our servers will be HEALTHY when people do decide to quit eventually. Though I think this game will have a very high retention rate.

Ri'Orius

can i just throw out guest keys here?

Yes. There are a few options for how you can do so.

First, you could just post them. Quick and easy, but least polite, in a sense.

Second, you can create a post with tags that contain your keys. For an example, quote this post and look here: . This has the advantage of being unreadable to non-Neogaf members, giving actual members a better shot. Arguably this is elitist, though.

You could look for people who've posted just asking.

Or, you could take some names off The List:

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
RadicalRad
CrovaxPSO
W1SSY
cwmartin

Later people who want to be on the list, please copy/paste the list in its entirety (including these rules) and add yourself to the end. Our heroic and handsome code-givers, please also copy/paste the list with strike tags to indicate those to whom you generously gave your codes.

More work for you (since we'd like you to help maintain The List with strike tags indicating to whom you gave the codes), but makes it more of a first-come first-serve than quickest-on-the-draw. I tend to prefer this, but I'm fond of queues and the like.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Damn this game can be pretty when it wants to be.

That it is, though it definitely needs some better optimisation. Had a weird case last night where a friend jumped onto a trial, they run a GTX 560 and was getting 100 FPS out in the world, 70-80 in the Dominion city. I was a bit flabbergasted and it definitely shows that something is up with the higher cards as turning settings down on my 770 does absolutely nothing.

aka_bueno

That it is, though it definitely needs some better optimisation. Had a weird case last night where a friend jumped onto a trial, they run a GTX 560 and was getting 100 FPS out in the world, 70-80 in the Dominion city. I was a bit flabbergasted and it definitely shows that something is up with the higher cards as turning settings down on my 770 does absolutely nothing.

He probably has a better CPU. GPU isn't doing much in this game, CPU however...

Especially because turning down your settings doesn't do much for you, it's your CPU bottlenecking in this game. :/

CrovaxPSO

Thanks a ton Ken! Reposting the list with myself marked off.

jdavid459
Fletcher
AnimeFantasy
Ri'Orius
Firehead
Jolkien
Roy G. Biv
HarryDemeanor
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
WonkyPanda
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
RadicalRad
CrovaxPSO
W1SSY
cwmartin

Later people who want to be on the list, please copy/paste the list in its entirety (including these rules) and add yourself to the end. Our heroic and handsome code-givers, please also copy/paste the list with strike tags to indicate those to whom you generously gave your codes.

HowZatOZ

Banned
He probably has a better CPU. GPU isn't doing much in this game, CPU however...

Especially because turning down your settings doesn't do much for you, it's your CPU bottlenecking in this game. :/

Their CPU was some extremely old i5, so I have a feeling its just optimisation for the higher tiers isn't quite there yet.

I'd like a code if anyone has a spare. Thanks in advance.

LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin

Hubb

so how easy/hard is it to generate enough gold to buy teh cred to pay monthly?

Too hard to tell right now, in fact I don't even know if you can buy CRED(sp?) right now.

I'm not sure we will know this answer until the market stabilizes somewhat and people know what platinum is worth in this game. Not the best answer, but like I said I don't even think you can buy the item yet.

Muddimar

I'd like a code if anyone has a spare. Thanks in advance.

LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin
Muddimar

I'm really curious about this game; but not $59.99 curious. Need to be careful with spending (baby on the way!).

squadr0n

Just hit lvl 6 and got this awesome huge like crystal area with my warrior. Anyone from NeoEmpire around? Wondering if i could get a guild invite, im on the Orias server.

Just hit lvl 6 and got this awesome huge like crystal area with my warrior. Anyone from NeoEmpire around? Wondering if i could get a guild invite, im on the Orias server.

Sure, what's your character name?

Edit: Logging off for the night, try whispering Mastamind, Teggy or Crackbone. If none of them are on, i can invite you tomorrow.

Beef

Thanks bros.

LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin
Muddimar
Beef

With love and kisses, BEEF

ultracon

Neo Member
Thanks to my eventual benefactor :)

LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon

falastini

Is it not advisable to tank the level 20 dungeons with only two pieces of support gear? I've been wary about queuing up.

That, and Nano Field seems bugged. It uses all my energy any time I cast it. It seems like a main staple of stalker tanking.

edit: Apparently, this is a bug with "hold to cast" setting. Hope they hot-fix it. I can't play with the default setting anymore.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Is it not advisable to tank the level 20 dungeons with only two pieces of support gear? I've been wary about queuing up.

That, and Nano Field seems bugged. It uses all my energy any time I cast it. It seems like a main staple of stalker tanking.

It would be best to grab a bit more support gear that plays to your tanking stats for that class. Just jump on the AH while its cheap, should do you good.

Trace

Banned
Would like to try it out, not enough to buy it though :p

LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace

DirtyLary

Enjoy - Gave codes to the crossed out names

LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace

LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace

Gave codes to the two striked out people. Please remove self from the list when you have accepted the code.

lexi

Banned

Wtf. I get MAYBE 100fps in my housing plot. 28-40fps in Exile city. Also 28-40fps in Quest hubs.

i7 3820 OC'ed and watercooled. R9 290. I have two R9 290's actually but whatevs, this game don't give a fuck. I can run my GPU at 300mhz, 70% slower than stock, and my FPS doesn't budge.

Top Bottom