• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Ferny

t5sgypH.jpg

WTF

arimanius

How much time did you spend on the gathering leveling up though? Hit em as you quest or actively seeking them out for an hour or two?

I hit them as I saw them while questing. I also pvped some so I was always higher level than the quest I was on.

Alex

I've found that while doing the normal quests for that breadcrumbed zone I'll complete the "kill x" quests in line with all the others, so I guess it isn't feeling as bad for me. Of course, I'm level 24 now and everything feels a lot better story/quest wise plus I'm so use to these types of quests it doesn't really phase me.

I PvP'd too much when it unlocked and now I am sadly over-leveled for my portion of the game.

This game seems to absolutely brick itself when you go over a level or two, way moreso than any other MMO I've played, to the point where doing these quests gives essentially no EXP. I did almost two hours of questing earlier to catch up and get out of this area and gained a third of a level, and I'm still in the teens.

Just trying to rush through the essentials only, hoping I can get past a barrier before long and pace things in a more pleasing manner.

I PvP'd too much when it unlocked and now I am sadly over-leveled for my portion of the game.

This game seems to absolutely brick itself when you go over a level or two, way moreso than any other MMO I've played, to the point where doing these quests gives essentially no EXP. I did almost two hours of questing earlier to catch up and get out of this area and gained a third of a level, and I'm still in the teens.

Just trying to rush through the essentials only, hoping I can get past a barrier before long and pace things in a more pleasing manner.

Yeah I was in WoW mode where as long as the quest is yellow +-2 levels iirc, then you're good. Quests and mobs 1 level under you give less XP, its actually quite annoying.

TheYanger

You don't HAVE to do any of those. There are very few quests that are required to advance - basically per hub. You can always go elsewhere.

Jag

Just hit 25 and splurged for a hoverboard. MUCH more fun than a regular mount. I feel like a cyberpunk Tony Hawk now.

Alrus

I always do everything in a zone before moving on, but that's just because I'm a crazy completionist and don't like having unfinished quests. I even go back and kill group monsters that I couldn't solo before just so the quest is done, even though it's pointless.

Speaking of Primes, I really suck at fighting them, I panick way too much, waste my dash for telegraphs I could just run out of, and forget to use certain skills half the time. I need to learn to relax when fighting those things :/

Yeah I was in WoW mode where as long as the quest is yellow +-2 levels iirc, then you're good. Quests and mobs 1 level under you give less XP, its actually quite annoying.

I've also noticed how much I DESTROY enemies a level or two below me, even in groups provided they aint super-high HP or primes.

I actually find going after better gear a better reason to quest below level. It goes by fast!

This game can be downright beautiful at times. It looks so good in motion with how smooth the animations can be along with the wonderful peaceful music that was in this zone.

Swo5jNU.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah, I'm getting really frustrated. I understand open world PVP is what I signed up for, but holy shit Exile outnumber us on Widow at least 4:1. I haven't been able to do a quest for about 45 minutes.

Ferny

Yeah, I'm getting really frustrated. I understand open world PVP is what I signed up for, but holy shit Exile outnumber us on Widow at least 4:1. I haven't been able to do a quest for about 45 minutes.

I have met a lot more friendly Exile players than I thought there would be, but yeah there can be some assholes.

Einbroch

Banned
I have met a lot more friendly Exile players than I thought there would be, but yeah there can be some assholes.

Most are fine, but there are a few guilds that travel in packs to gank. It wouldn't be a big deal if the numbers were somewhat even, but it feels like because there are so many Exile that there's always 2-3 gank packs in every zone.

Alex

This game doesn't get enough credit for it's soundtrack. It's one of the best I've heard in ages and it's nice to have an MMO with pure music and not ambient snippets.

There's this one song earlier that sounded exactly like one from Baten Kaitos though, messed with my head.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It's one of the most appealing parts of the game for me, but then that's why I'm on the PvP server :p
Yep. I'm all about world pvp. It's even better when it's not the main purpose so it can be more sporadic and less hyper competitive. I don't want to fight someone grinding for gear while leveling. I want to fight someone for stealing my node.

With the low amount of seperate pvp servers, I'm not sure what more they can do to combat a faction still having low populations. But while people are still leveling, I'd hope there'd be enough people in the zone willing to group up...

I remember calling in 60's from random WoW zones to come help.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Was Relic Hunter a bad idea? I'm dirt poor.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Was Relic Hunter a bad idea? I'm dirt poor.
Normally gathering professions are good to start off with in a mmo then change later on when you have a mount to farm with because crafting is usually a money sink to pay your dues for high level patterns.

But in this game you could buy cheap stuff off the ah, craft, and vendor for a large profit before the recent nerf.

Right now I don't know what the profit margins are of anything are since I only played 2 days since launch and I'm only lvl 10.

At this point, the people that got rich quick will control AH flipping.

Alur

At this point, the people that got rich quick will control AH flipping.

I've already noticed several items shooting up quite a bit in the last 3 or 4 days. Non-necessities, but still.

I was eyeing the Raidin' costume hat to make my guy look a little different and in four days they went from what I thought at the time was outrageous (15-30g) to 1p and up. Then there's the Trigger Fingers AMP and other spellslinger AMPs. On Stormtalon it was 18p with four listed on the commodities exchange last night (14p now) and it's a necessary AMP. It's a little disheartening. The money that was pumped in definitely shot up prices a bit across the board.

The only good side to the whole deal is I managed to snag 3 extra amps myself from PVP bags and random loot and profit off of them for mount purposes.

TheYanger

I'm able to buy CREDD with real money and then sell it in-game for gold, right?

Yep, that's the whole point :)

That said, idk about other servers but right now the credd is SEVERELY undervalued - people don't know the value of in-game currency yet and low level credd sellers are selling them for peanuts basically.

I'd sit on them tbh.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I've already noticed several items shooting up quite a bit in the last 3 or 4 days. Non-necessities, but still.

I was eyeing the Raidin' costume hat to make my guy look a little different and in four days they went from what I thought at the time was outrageous (15-30g) to 1p and up. Then there's the Trigger Fingers AMP and other spellslinger AMPs. On Stormtalon it was 18p with four listed on the commodities exchange last night (14p now) and it's a necessary AMP. It's a little disheartening. The money that was pumped in definitely shot up prices a bit across the board.

The only good side to the whole deal is I managed to snag 3 extra amps myself from PVP bags and random loot and profit off of them for mount purposes.
speaking of that costume and boomboxes, I wonder if they can merge accounts under the same name like blizzard can.

During early access I created a new account forgetting about beta rewards because I got an ip ban after failed attemps trying to login snd register my key.

But, yeah, getting rare items in game, general going prices for items everyone needs, and creed will even the economy out. The super rich elite will have first dibs on all the super rares tho.

Yep, that's the whole point :)

That said, idk about other servers but right now the credd is SEVERELY undervalued - people don't know the value of in-game currency yet and low level credd sellers are selling them for peanuts basically.

I'd sit on them tbh.

Oh, good. I wasn't quite sure if they had set it up that way.

I don't need gold for anything right now so I'll wait and see what happens to their value.

Ourobolus

Banned
Can you flip CREDD? Like, if it's undervalued now, can I hold onto it and sell it later? Or does it automatically extend my subscription?

TheContact

I have an extra US code if anyone is interested in checking this game out. I've played a lot of post WoW MMOs and this is the best one yet. Click Quote this post for the code.

Dunlop

I'm seeing a lot more Dominion as I level up on Prego (I'm lvl 32 atm) but have only been attacked a few times.

It was funny the other day, I went in some cave isntance and there had to be at least 14 dominion. I walked among them and clicked my objectives and nobody attacked me.

For your issue, others have recommended logging out and then back in, it might put you on a different shard

Palmer_v1

I feel like I'm not managing my volatility most of the time. When in tank mode, I believe all of the abilities I'm using (level 25-30) add volatility, while I have no real spenders. Should I be doing something different? I have no problems tanking the dungeons and adventures so far.

For DPS mode, it has sort of been the same thing. Most of my abilities add volatility, so I spend 80% of a fight at 100. I've recently started using that bolt shot as my spender, which seems good for solo mobs. Any suggestions on a build for killing groups of 3-5 mobs at a time? Again, I'm not really having any trouble leveling in this spec, and I was #1 for damage in the single dungeon I've run so far, but I just feel like I'm ignoring volatility most of the time.

Alrus

For DPS mode, it has sort of been the same thing. Most of my abilities add volatility, so I spend 80% of a fight at 100. I've recently started using that bolt shot as my spender, which seems good for solo mobs. Any suggestions on a build for killing groups of 3-5 mobs at a time? Again, I'm not really having any trouble leveling in this spec, and I was #1 for damage in the single dungeon I've run so far, but I just feel like I'm ignoring volatility most of the time.

For a DPS build, if you don't want to bother with Reckless Dash (add volatily when you dash), which requires a bit of skill, my usual rotation goes like this :

-Energy Auger
-Bio Shell (instant cast when between 30 and 70 volatility if you have T4)
-Then Spam Electrocute then always use Quick Burst on cooldown (it's off the GCD and doesn't interrupt Electrocute channeling). If you have enough volatility you should always use your spender instead of your builders (aside from Bio Shell because of the debuff), much better DPS.
-Use your bots abilities when they're up and ennemies is positionned correctly. (If you have Bruiser Bot make sure to use its ability when an ennemy is channeling an attack as it interrupts them and makes them weaker to your attack. Add Zap if the mob has interrupt armor)

For regular mobs, I don't need to use the builders more than once most of the time.

Apparently you can completely remove Energy Auger/Pulse blast from your bar and only rely on Reckless Dash for volatility the best DPS possible but I'm not skilled enough for that yet...

Replace Electrocute with Bolt Caster if you fight single targets.

I never played a tank build so I don't know about that.

Edit: Also use your innate on cooldown of course.

Edit 2:Also as far as AMPs go for DPS, you should get Volatility Rising as fast as you can, Crit chance, CD reduction, then maybe Reckless Dash, or Shrapnel Rounds/Explosive Ammo.

Mastamind

I feel like I'm not managing my volatility most of the time. When in tank mode, I believe all of the abilities I'm using (level 25-30) add volatility, while I have no real spenders. Should I be doing something different? I have no problems tanking the dungeons and adventures so far.

By then you should have the best tank spender, particle ejection. Does about double the damage of flak cannon and at t4 is basically free after 30 volatility with the volatility rising amp. Turn on hold to continue casting and you can for the most part just hold down the key till the mobs die.

Picked up a CREDD for 1P 5G last night on Mikros.

Felt a little bad about it at first, but hey, if that's what $20 is worth to someone, cool!

Definitely racing to farm up more plat before the CREDD market stabilizes. Unfortunately I completely missed out on the architect flipping. Oh well!

StMeph

Felt a little bad about it at first, but hey, if that's what $20 is worth to someone, cool!

Definitely racing to farm up more plat before the CREDD market stabilizes. Unfortunately I completely missed out on the architect flipping. Oh well!

Man, those guys are going to be swimming in CREDD. Less than 2p for $15 in value? That's really ridiculous. Once the population matures and the majority are at max level, I wonder what the rate of CREDD will settle at, and what those original investors at 2p will be able to sell it for...

Alur

I'd imagine this is a pretty safe bet. Gold and plat reserves will continue to grow exponentially, so in theory the price of a CREDD is going to go up from that number for certain. The only issue being we have no clue what the actual market for CREDD will be. We're just as likely to have too much supply and not enough demand as we are the opposite, IMO. I've never played an MMO that approached subbing this way.

I hope it does become viable and that enough folks use it, however. It's a nice alternative.

Did 4 battlegrounds today since i wanted to hit 46 as i was a bit underleveled for the Grimvault quests. Not even WildStar can make me enjoy MMO pvp. In all 4 matches we lost heavily, and i learned to hate Stalkers and Warriors. Stalkers would blow me up or easily escape if i started to win, and fighting a Warrior felt like fighting a brick wall. It's probably just because i'm bad at PvP, though.

Ferny

Did 4 battlegrounds today since i wanted to hit 46 as i was a bit underleveled for the Grimvault quests. Not even WildStar can make me enjoy MMO pvp. In all 4 matches we lost heavily, and i learned to hate Stalkers and Warriors. Stalkers would blow me up or easily escape if i started to win, and fighting a Warrior felt like fighting a brick wall. It's probably just because i'm bad at PvP, though.

If you get a solid squad with you, you will love it man. It really is good and Espers are actually pretty solid in terms of damage in it.

Top Bottom