• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

blado

DonnyHayabusa
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)
Bakerbakes
Kyoakuma
Vortex566 (EU)
rinker
ref
bestami (EU)
basefree (EU)
Edunes (EU)
badb0y
Ice King
Chualie
blado

Just adding my name to the list. I find the art style appealing, and I've been looking for a new MMO to play.

Just dinged 50. ~7 Days, 1 hour and 28 minutes. Took my time while leveling. I really enjoy readING the quest text and dialogues, and while not necessarily 100%'ing the zones, I still took my time and explored, etc. Still loving the game.

Just dinged 50. ~7 Days, 1 hour and 28 minutes. Took my time while leveling. I really enjoy readING the quest text and dialogues, and while not necessarily 100%'ing the zones, I still took my time and explored, etc. Still loving the game.

7 days!? I got it in 50 hours, but didn't read any quests or lore.

Now...about your 95p, I'm stuck after the Architect nerf.

docbon

27TABNu.png

damn son~

For those doubting warrior's power, I'm 47 now and the tier 8 boost for relentless strikes pretty much gives you sustainable, good dps. Completely changes the warrior game. Also scaling pretty hard with my weapons, able to destroy a lot of classes quickly in pvp. Anticipating hitting 50 tomorrow.

Also pick up festering strike and power link, I think those two are the best pvp amps for a warrior by far.

Anyone have a good checklist of things to do at 50?

Just as a warning to everyone, gold spammers are starting to send 1 copper with the mail so you can't delete it. Do not take the 1 copper, as it might flag your account as accepting money from a gold seller and someone on reddit got banned for it. Instead, just do /ignore spammername and it will remove the mail from your mailbox even with the money.

Alur

Just as a warning to everyone, gold spammers are starting to send 1 copper with the mail so you can't delete it. Do not take the 1 copper, as it might flag your account as accepting money from a gold seller and someone on reddit got banned for it. Instead, just do /ignore spammername and it will remove the mail from your mailbox even with the money.

Wow, really? I hope I don't regret taking the 1 copper I took yesterday then. I've had 3 in my inbox so far, 2 yesterday and 1 today.

TheContact

I love this game I just wish I had more time to play. Every time I log off I wish I didn't have to. Have a lvl 16 Mechi Engineer and he's pretty cool so far, haven't died too many times.

hQEpi1y.png

illegal_crits.png

warriors own.

That is pretty decent. A similar thing happened at 45 to Stalker. Once you can max Shred and Neutralize you really start bringing down the house. On the 5th hit of Neutralize you have the potential to burst for about 18k tech damage, if both the neutralize and the 5 stack proc crit, all of which is aoe. At about that same time your AW comes off cd and you can have all 3 together to gib someone.

arimanius

hQEpi1y.png

illegal_crits.png

warriors own.

I wish I liked warriors. Awesome damage and they look bad ass. Got one to 18 and just started getting bored of the combat.

Actually haven't found a class I really like so far. Played all but the stalker. Esper is the closest. Hoping the Devs come out and say what changes they have in mind for them. Supposedly it will be in patch #2 whenever that may be. Really like the game but may have to bail if I can't find a class soon. Maybe starting over on a Gaf server would help. Playing solo specially doing adventures is always a chore.

Yeah, I'm getting really frustrated. I understand open world PVP is what I signed up for, but holy shit Exile outnumber us on Widow at least 4:1. I haven't been able to do a quest for about 45 minutes.

I'm Exile on Widow. Perhaps it's just the time you play. I think it's far more even than you think. Also you guys have way better settlers than we do. I have to personally power every settler deposit I get to. While the dominion ones are always fully powered.

Warrior or Stalker is my choice, although spellslingers do look appealing, I haven't tried them. I don't think you can solo Adventures. At least not that first one, that last boss was hard even for a 5 man team.

Yazus

DonnyHayabusa
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)
Bakerbakes
Kyoakuma
Vortex566 (EU)
rinker
ref
bestami (EU)
basefree (EU)
Edunes (EU)
badb0y
Ice King
Chualie
blado
Yazus (EU)

Might just add myself to the list, hoping some good european soul sends me a guest invite!
Too scared of loosing 45€!

I got my mount 7 levels late because of that.

I enjoy the combat and exploring the zones. The quests themselves are pretty mindless, I agree with that. I can see myself getting bored if I just chained quests together forever. I like PVP, crafting, housing and possibly dungeons (haven't done one yet) to break up the questing a bit.

Yea I've should've done that, but I didn't. I just grinded away like I did with Tera. SWTOR kind of spoiled me. The story quests were very good, things like the imperial agent, assassin, and even the guardian were all good stuff. Not exactly KOTOR as they claimed, but still enough to keep you engaged. A pity the rest of the game wasn't up to par. That isn't here. Despite what some zealots want you to believe. Fortunately it seems like the game excels in other areas.

Let's be honest, only deep lore junkies will appreciate the entirety that is sheer ammount of work put into such a long and broad leveling set-up as they have here. Most of the rest of us will notice every once in a while and go "that was cool" then continue grinding away. Then you have the REAL grind-hogs who wanna be 50 Tuesday and what's the best XP-per-level path and...

Then there's me who sets up TRIPLE KILLS on the regular and tangles with too many elites for my health...

I'm constantly getting kicked after 20 minutes of play or so (but then again I'm on the edge for RAM recommendation so...)

That's the problem, I gave the game the benefit of the doubt. I read EVERYTHING, from datacrons to little journals. I read it all. I am a lore junkie. I'm also level 50. About 3% of the questing is "fun side stuff", the other 97% is go here and kill this or go here and click/collect this. That isn't hyperbole, if I'm off in that percentage it is not by much. That isn't good questing. I have few problems with the game, but to defend the questing is just blindly defending the game despite it's faults. There's a lot the game does right, the questing is not one of those. Once you get into the 40's and every kill is 3% of 100%, or in the most egregious cases a pack of three mobs is 7% of 100% the grind really starts to bring you down.

Wildstar has some mind-bogglingly obvious additions that I haven't seen in other MMOs:

A sprint key!
Phonecalls to NPCs!
Objective markers for everything so far!
Active combat!
(Edit: Forgot that defeating boss-esque enemies in caves makes all other enemies there neutral, as well as the small little mini-games throughout the game. Both are nice additions.)
Chua!

The last MMO I played, Star Wars: The Old Republic, made an enemy of its players through its quest design and overall structure, whereas Wildstar seems to be the opposite, at least so far.

Maybe I'm just out of touch with MMOs, but it seems like Wildstar is one of the few that actually tries to make the gameplay fun. It just seems like there's a whole big world out there with lots to do. It's exciting, interesting, and comeplling in a way that few MMOs are.

Overall, I'm liking it so far - but I am still on the guest key right now. Leaning towards pulling the trigger and becoming a cupcake.

Hupsel

So hows the endgame, guys? I played tons of mmos in the past and Im interested in Wildstar. Looks cool. How do I add my name to the guest list?

Torraz

How is this game for someone who only has limited time (say perhaps 2-3 hours per week day, a bit more on weekends)? Is there much content? I've read about grueling attunements etc.

Asd202

So hows the endgame, guys? I played tons of mmos in the past and Im interested in Wildstar. Looks cool. How do I add my name to the guest list?

This is one of the most completed MMO's at release. At endgame you have 5 veteran adventures, 4 veteran dungeons which are hard, 20 and 40 man raids which feature different bosses. For PVP you have BG, 2v2/3v3/5v5 Arenas with ratings and Warplots which are 40v40 battles where you build your fortress.

I'm starting to wish I started a Stalker. I'm so sick of having to stop and deal with trash mobs all of the time. It'd be nice to breeze on by them all of the time.

TheYanger

3 days off work! Time to get to 50 from lvl 10?

How much are they on yours?

Edit: Hell far, server maintenance

About 2.5-3.5 plat depending on if you want to buy order or instantly buy one. fluctuates throughout the day. It was like 6 plat the first day and dropped fast.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
About 2.5-3.5 plat depending on if you want to buy order or instantly buy one. fluctuates throughout the day. It was like 6 plat the first day and dropped fast.
Going for 5p on mine.

So, my feeble attempt to make future plats was buying 2 Raidin' Handwraps for 12 gold total. I'm hoping the set pieces will become super rare as we get further away from beta. I won't lose money at least. I have all my money to play with locked out tho since I'm still level 10.. Too bad I couldn't by a chest or helm to sit on. Maybe I'll wait 10 years!!

I'd suggest buying the whole set to sit on. Those of you that have multiplats to play with would have considered that already tho.

Nopren

Wildstar has some mind-bogglingly obvious additions that I haven't seen in other MMOs:

A sprint key!
Phonecalls to NPCs!
Active combat!

(Edit: Forgot that defeating boss-esque enemies in caves makes all other enemies there neutral, as well as the small little mini-games throughout the game. Both are nice additions.)
Chua!

The last MMO I played, Star Wars: The Old Republic, made an enemy of its players through its quest design and overall structure, whereas Wildstar seems to be the opposite, at least so far.

Maybe I'm just out of touch with MMOs, but it seems like Wildstar is one of the few that actually tries to make the gameplay fun. It just seems like there's a whole big world out there with lots to do. It's exciting, interesting, and comeplling in a way that few MMOs are.

Overall, I'm liking it so far - but I am still on the guest key right now. Leaning towards pulling the trigger and becoming a cupcake.

All of this is in The Secret World. But yes, it is a very good additions to mmo's.

Quantum

All of this is in The Secret World. But yes, it is a very good additions to mmo's.

I really enjoyed questing in TSW, and should go back as apparently they added a whole new zone (Tokyo). I played TSW as a grandmaster since early beta for about 8 months after release.

the major drawn back (for me) was the terrible PVP, they tried to change it three times while I played - first changing the way the cap points worked, then limiting the number of people that could participate and finally nerfing the hell out of the "marks" you would get for spending time in the zone instead of for capping/defending.

I also think the customization of the characters with the hundreds of abilities is much more detailed and flushed out in TSW although when I played there were only a few builds that really worked well.

I'm really enjoying wildstar so far and hope it will resonate with me as TSW did.

I'm still mulling over buying a 12 month sub for wildstar. I like the cheaper if you buy longer concept but at the same time if it doesn't hold my interest then I've chosen the wrong thing to do.

tldr: TSW pretty great too, might buy a year sub to wildstar.

Panthers

A sprint key!
Phonecalls to NPCs!
Active combat!
Chua!

Dont forget double jump. I dont know why, but it has changed everything for me. I am loving the double jump.

Alrus

They nerfed Engineer Bolt Caster/Bioshell combos, I guess it was going to happen anyway. But I'm a bit pissed they still haven't commented on fixing the bug where Bolt Caster will reset your BS cooldown if it goes into the negative.

Yes! See the OP.

(I personally haven't been online in the last few days due to E3.)

Ok thanks, I'll try to pm someone when I'm on. (not too often these days because exams)

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
They nerfed Engineer Bolt Caster/Bioshell combos, I guess it was going to happen anyway. But I'm a bit pissed they still haven't commented on fixing the bug where Bolt Caster will reset your BS cooldown if it goes into the negative.

Nerf is okay, the thing is ridicolous.. but fix the goddamn bug before going through with the nerf, dammit.

Top Bottom