• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

So i just realized that you can group and chat with people on other servers. /invite name@servername means you can party and queue up with others. That is completely awesome. We should get some cross-server veteran runs going.

Einbroch

Banned
k3INzhP.png

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Alrus

I never bothered cooking, is there any point?

Also those snail mobs really fuck up my framerate, I get massive freeze everytime they do a telegraph. Is it normal?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Stalker is so fun.

Also, the Dominion city (Ilium) is much, much more impressive than the backwater Exile city (Thayd). Thayd reminds me of a place you'd see in Borderlands. Ilium is like a combination of Stormwind and Silvermoon from WoW.

fl0w

I've reallly only dipped my feet into WOW and GW2 but have an itch to play a new one. What's you guys' suggestions, what's most *fun* right now, GW2, FFXIV or Wildstar?

I am rather casual with these and actually enjoy exploring worlds at a rather slow pace - I like the sci fi setting of Wildstar. Does anyone have an extra guest pass (EU)?

aka_bueno

So i just realized that you can group and chat with people on other servers. /invite name@servername means you can party and queue up with others. That is completely awesome. We should get some cross-server veteran runs going.

I'm down for cross server neogaf action, anyone down for PvP too???

Arcanine55

Neo Member
I manage to get a free guest pass, and I activated it.
When the 7 days countdown starts? When I activate the code or when I start playing with my account? I have exams until wednesday and I don't want to waste a lot of days.

I manage to get a free guest pass, and I activated it.
When the 7 days countdown starts? When I activate the code or when I start playing with my account? I have exams until wednesday and I don't want to waste a lot of days.

Pretty sure it starts as soon as you redeem the code.

Zafir

Anyone else got an issue where the game just freezes up on the end of loading?

I was queued for the first adventure, and it locked up at the end of the loading, restarted and it was fine. Now i've done that adventure I went to queue PvP and it's done it again. :I

Teggy

All of them, I first noticed it in Algoroc, but the ones in Whitevale do the same thing. They start doing a special move where they throw goop all around them and the framerate goes into the decimal...

I definitely had the issue in Whitevale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hated the beta both times I tried it (months ago and then again a couple of weeks before it went live)

is there any chance Ill like this on live? Does it run better, does it feel less..."loose"? The GMG 25% voucher is tempting me, and if theres one thing I like about MMOs, is that they at least always give me my moneys worth, time played wise

also is there a european guild so if I get it im at least not flying blind?

fffffffffFFFFffff, sometimes these disconnects come at the worst time. 4-0 rofl stomping dominion in ranked battleground, easy 20 points, then instant disconnect.

Also tried to tank an adventure last night (malgrave trail), after clearing one of the last areas we decided to break camp and we never got the prompt to keep on going (usually you can talk to the caravan leader and you're given a choice), extremely annoying. Should I be wasting my time in veteran adventures or go straight to veteran dungeons? Tanking the adventure seemed easy and the loot wasn't a big upgrade.

RL has been plenty hectic and prevented me from dropping into the beta when it rolled around; time has loosened up significantly and now I want to get my hands on this (honestly surprised it is even out! 2014 has flown by) Did some searching and can't seem to figure out how to get the 7 day trial (hoping to try before I buy...) is the trial invite only from people with the game? Or, is there a url I am missing?

TheYanger

fffffffffFFFFffff, sometimes these disconnects come at the worst time. 4-0 rofl stomping dominion in ranked battleground, easy 20 points, then instant disconnect.

Also tried to tank an adventure last night (malgrave trail), after clearing one of the last areas we decided to break camp and we never got the prompt to keep on going (usually you can talk to the caravan leader and you're given a choice), extremely annoying. Should I be wasting my time in veteran adventures or go straight to veteran dungeons? Tanking the adventure seemed easy and the loot wasn't a big upgrade.

If you haven't done any adventures...idk it's literally impossible for the upgrades not to be there. Malgrave is the longest one, and it's rough. If you try to take pvp gear or fresh 50 blue/greens from quests/vendors you'll probably die a lot in dungeons.

If you haven't done any adventures...idk it's literally impossible for the upgrades not to be there. Malgrave is the longest one, and it's rough. If you try to take pvp gear or fresh 50 blue/greens from quests/vendors you'll probably die a lot in dungeons.

Yeah i think DPS could get carried a bit if they wanted to run vet dungeons right away, but healers and tanks definitely need to have gear from veteran adventures before they go.

arimanius

Man got my Esper on Widow up to 18 and the Dominion side has been so much better than the Exile side so far. The music, atmosphere, quests. Only thing I didn't like is the quest flow once I got to 15 didn't seem to go that smoothly. Exile quest lines points you to their main town, didn't get one for Dominion. I wouldn't be shocked if I missed it tho.

If Mordesh was a Dominion race I would of never rolled exile.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Veteran Adventures are so tedious, not at all what I want from this game.

Upgrades are few and far between, it's so obnoxious that you have to get gold for an epic to drop.

Is WotW still bugged/confusing? I get random objectives that make no sense or don't show up on the map. Kill the marked elite? No one is marked!

What's the adventure to spam these days? Crime lord seems to be the easiest but it's so random, it's hard to get gold because I feel like some runs give you easy quests and some give you hard ones.

TheYanger

crime lords is definitely the easiest. I'm not huge on adventures in general - they offer a kind of neat random experience that you have to adapt to successfully to do well in, but they don't offer complex mechanics. Dungeons are what I prefer personally.

Veteran Adventures are so tedious, not at all what I want from this game.

Upgrades are few and far between, it's so obnoxious that you have to get gold for an epic to drop.

Is WotW still bugged/confusing? I get random objectives that make no sense or don't show up on the map. Kill the marked elite? No one is marked!

The blues are upgrades unless you have them all, and if you do you can just go do dungeons instead. WotW has one bugged objective, it's random what you get though so getting gold is a trial. The 'marked' elite is the one he says to kill when he gives you the objective, it also says who it is in your quest log next to the timer. Only the 'capture 3 nodes' one is broken. That said, WotW is definitely a mess to try and gold. Silver isn't so bad, since it's unlikely you'll get two difficult/impossible/broken objectives, but getting gold is a whole nother level of dumb. It was fine before imo, even if it was easy who cares, one easy one isn't that bad since it only offers a handful of drops. Ah well, they'll HAVE to do something to it so whatever. I like it in and of itself, it's just too stupid to get gold in.

Malgrave is a lot of fun just takes SO long and we've lost it literally right at the end from some stupid stuff before, and I quite like tempest refuge - quick and random and sorta neat. Crimelords is super cool in terms of the variety you can get, but everyone just wants the easy gold so it's tedious doing the same shit over and over. I've done WotW and Crimelords each like 20 or 30 times at this point so I'm kind of over those ;)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The site for the Orias guild on Dominion side is down.

So far, I've played:

Medic up to 16 (in beta): Really unique and interesting class that seems to take a bit of skill to play efficiently. DPS medics are a really cool idea. Their telegraphs are weird sometimes, but all of their abilities look cool. Healing on a Medic is also fun, and you really feel like you're in the thick of a fight, even though you're the healer.

Stalker up to 10: Super fun and engaging class with an ability (stealth) that doesn't have a giant cooldown and is used pretty much at every opportunity. I love how fast paced it feels. One shotting mobs is pretty satisfying.

Warrior up to 15: Playing as a Warrior makes you feel like a badass. You shoot things, you don't die very easily, and you whack things with a giant sword. Abilities like Whirlwind and Rampage are super simple in concept but feel very satisfying to use, especially when you're smashing people's faces in PvP. The arm cannon seems to be used mostly for utility and tanking abilities, and is really where the warrior stands out from other MMOs. As a DPS face smashing warrior, the only cannon skill I find myself using is Ripsaw, though, and only in PvP.

Spellslinger up to 25: Really, really great class and I can see why it's so popular. Also has the most boring auto attack ability in the game. There seems to be a lot of moving around involved with this class, even moreso than the others, which is good because sometimes ranged DPS in MMOs is relegated to spamming their rotation from afar. I love how it's not quite a mage, and not quite a "ranger", but a perfect hybrid of the two. I really want to try healing, but I'm waiting for Elder Game to try that out as this class is my main and DPS seems much better for world PvE content. Spell surge keeps you on your toes.

erragal

No Esper changes :(

I hope they announce something soon.

Changes? It's the strongest pvp class and a perfectly viable pve class. Has the highest positional skill cap in pve but conversely is tied with warrior for controlled burst; the most valuable type of dps in Wildstar.

It has very mild qol issues but the esper is a powerful, misunderstood class. Was glad to see lots of new dominion espers when I was running void prison for recipes.

Well, got my spellslinger to 39, but I'm just not feeling it right now. So, I've gone back to leveling my esper after reading a few posts on basically melee version of espers that aren't nearly as stationary. It's been a lot of fun so far and should only get better when I can get some lifesteal at level 25.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Changes? It's the strongest pvp class and a perfectly viable pve class. Has the highest positional skill cap in pve but conversely is tied with warrior for controlled burst; the most valuable type of dps in Wildstar.

It has very mild qol issues but the esper is a powerful, misunderstood class. Was glad to see lots of new dominion espers when I was running void prison for recipes.

I was under the impression the reason people aren't satisfied with esper was because they have to stand still to even do any meaningful amount of damage.

Alrus

The issue with Espers isn't the class strength, it's really really strong both as a DPS and as a Healer. It's just that it's a bit boring to play, due to how mostly static they are.

Dunlop

The level 42 story quest is bugged to all hell. Can't complete it. Sucks.

I was warned last night when I hit 42 to just stay away from it.

50 is in sight, hopefully by this weekend

Then I can actually learn how to heal on a Medic, it just didn't seem worth the energy and was costing me too much time as I was leveling (half the guild I am in is 50 now) so I have been straight DPS

arimanius

I'm not saying it's not a strong class but like you said I do think there are some qol issues and Carbine has even stated that they agree. My biggest qol is we aren't rewarded for being stationary.

Carthh has a very good post with his opinions and the dev response.

Dev Post

Carthh, this is a well thought out and constructed post (I expect nothing less from you tbh). It's funny I was actually talking to Timetravel about the Esper DPS rotation earlier this morning after watching you guys raid Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I agree that there are quite a few things we can do to improve it and most the ideas you listed are in fact on our radar and things we are looking into updating/tweaking in a very similar fashion.

I can't exactly say when the changes will go live but I can promise you I am looking into it. The changes we do end up making won't be making it in before launch but I really do hope we can get it in by Patch 2 at the earliest.

Dunlop

Oddly I've seen many more Esper's than Medic's in my travels

I think come people are wising up to the class and rerolling?

My choice of Medic pretty much came down to a coin flip..also Granok Medic looks awesome

Top Bottom