• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Keasar

Has anyone actually gotten anything good out of their boomboxes yet? So far I don't have any mounts or mount flair...just one costume piece, a handful of dyes and housing decor, a few elder gems, and a bunch of other stuff I can't/don't want to remember. Today ended up with a potion that restores my rested XP to max.

Around 30 boxes open, 3 costume pieces (2 were pants), some elder gems and then just a absolute ton of worthless potions.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I added 50+ people to my neighbors list who have 50/50 mining share on. I log on, run down the list real quick and pick up tons of ore. Plus my mines are always mined when I am logged off. I made enough cash to buy a CREDD without much effort. Going to see if I can get the rest of the year paid off with CREDD this week.

Ferny

I added 50+ people to my neighbors list who have 50/50 mining share on. I log on, run down the list real quick and pick up tons of ore. Plus my mines are always mined when I am logged off. I made enough cash to buy a CREDD without much effort. Going to see if I can get the rest of the year paid off with CREDD this week.

That's a pretty smart idea

friday

I hated my Mechari so much that I stopped at 41 and rerolled another warrior. My Draken is now at 24 and I like it a lot more.

I really dig this game, but it needs some tweaking to really push it into a long term game for me. The world map is kinda bad, it is useless once you zoom out from your zone.

carbine really dropped the ball with pvp. a bunch of my friends are quitting before the patch even hits. taking two months of downtime beyond an extended beta just to address fundamental (and fixable) issues is too much time wasted for a pay to play mmo in 2014.

sucks.

aka_bueno

Yeah I honestly have no idea why it's taking them so long or how they don't realize it's a pretty big priority. But the only thing I can suggest is to maybe level an alt in the meantime til it gets sorted out in August. Or take a break until then.

My friend and I are leveling an alt, and on reddit there's a thread with people doing the same until they fix PvP.

Sucks, but I dunno what else to suggest. I really love the combat in this MMO, so I'm sticking it out.

M.Steiner

PvP is usually the main draw for me in MMOs these days rather than raids and such but with the way it is atm I'm already starting to lose interest.

The Exiles seem to lose 90% of the rated battlegrounds I've been joining (mostly queuing solo atm). Just loss after loss all the time (with a single win every now and then) whilst my rating is being destroyed in the process. Sometimes I'll have a good night and we'll be winning several games in a row and will manage to get my rating back up a bit but then we're right back to losing again and going right back to where I was before. All this time the Dominion guys are getting higher rated and better equipped whilst still seeming to come up against them. Then you get dropped into games which are already losing hard when you join em and they're just about to end, adding again to your loss in rating.

I love the PvP and combat in the game but I do start to get tired of it after a while and wonder why I am wasting my time. Prestige is pretty useless to me at this point too (bar the consumables) tbh. Already wearing the full entry pvp set, bought most of the tailor patterns and some other stuff.. Can't spend any of it on better gear until I get my rating up but it caps at 5k too so it's not like I can save a ton of it up for if I ever manage to achieve that. The only thing I'm gaining is elder gems from the exp gain...

Maybe I'll try some arenas with my brother when he gets to 50 and see how they compare. Will see. Just a bit fed up atm heh.

aka_bueno

PvP is usually the main draw for me in MMOs these days rather than raids and such but with the way it is atm I'm already starting to lose interest.

The Exiles seem to lose 90% of the rated battlegrounds I've been joining (mostly queuing solo atm). Just loss after loss all the time (with a single win every now and then) whilst my rating is being destroyed in the process. Sometimes I'll have a good night and we'll be winning several games in a row and will manage to get my rating back up a bit but then we're right back to losing again and going right back to where I was before. All this time the Dominion guys are getting higher rated and better equipped whilst still seeming to come up against them. Then you get dropped into games which are already losing hard when you join em and they're just about to end, adding again to your loss in rating.

I love the PvP and combat in the game but I do start to get tired of it after a while and wonder why I am wasting my time. Prestige is pretty useless to me at this point too (bar the consumables) tbh. Already wearing the full entry pvp set, bought most of the tailor patterns and some other stuff.. Can't spend any of it on better gear until I get my rating up but it caps at 5k too so it's not like I can save a ton of it up for if I ever manage to achieve that. The only thing I'm gaining is elder gems from the exp gain...

Maybe I'll try some arenas with my brother when he gets to 50 and see how they compare. Will see. Just a bit fed up atm heh.

You def want to stay away from anything rated right now especially arenas until they fix the matchmaking/boosting/PvP stats. Rateds are nothing but boosters who tank their rating in order to get matched up with lower ranked people. So it's 1800 armor geared people versuse al the starter geared people.

All of the proposed fixes are incoming in the next content drop (early August)

Hooks

Don't really feel like bumping the Beta key thread so I figured I'll ask here, I'm looking at buying this game but I want to try it first, If anyone could spare a guest pass it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Won

I might give this a go, if it really works that well. Nuked my relic site early on and only used the garden, since Technologist somehow needs very little from relic sites. But I am pretty much done with crafting and there is a guy on my server who tries to build up a relic community, so I guess why not.

Though it's less about CREDD and more about all the other overpriced crap in the game for me. Goldsinks are nice and all, but Carbine went overboard with some of them. The price of the last riding skill translates to 150€ on my server......

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I might give this a go, if it really works that well. Nuked my relic site early on and only used the garden, since Technologist somehow needs very little from relic sites. But I am pretty much done with crafting and there is a guy on my server who tries to build up a relic community, so I guess why not.

Though it's less about CREDD and more about all the other overpriced crap in the game for me. Goldsinks are nice and all, but Carbine went overboard with some of them. The price of the last riding skill translates to 150€ on my server......

I just logged on now and spent 20 minutes mining. Sold what I mined to the CX and made 80gold. Since I can work from home I can run down the list every few hours. Easy money :)

M.Steiner

You def want to stay away from anything rated right now especially arenas until they fix the matchmaking/boosting/PvP stats. Rateds are nothing but boosters who tank their rating in order to get matched up with lower ranked people. So it's 1800 armor geared people versuse al the starter geared people.

All of the proposed fixes are incoming in the next content drop (early August)
I don't suppose early August is too far away. I'll finish my questing off (and checkout the new zones) and maybe play one of my alts in the mean time then. Shame we're having to do that but not to worry I guess, as long as these upcoming fixes do the job.

Kalnos

Banned
I'm pretty skeptical that the arena changes will really help that much tbh. The weapon will still be 1800 and people will still be selling rating, as they always do. If you're playing 2v2 and you didn't roll SS/warrior/engineer then things will instantly be harder for you.

Luckily for me I rolled SS. :p

Skele7on

Banned
So I hit 44 last night, I started the day as a 37, I really did hammer the ranks!

I had a funny moment whilst an exile was fighting a boss....

I ganked him sooo hard, sorry if that was you, as i ran to the nearest village safe zone!

Also I saw some Exile warrior chasing a chau, I killed him. You're welcome if you was that guy.

Really having a blast with this game, I just love it, doing quests 2 levels higher than I am really helps boosting dat XP!

I'm a Warrior, and I have to say a lot of the later "darkness returns quests are bugging sooooo hard!" That said It's so fun.

IS anyone else on Contagion EU here?

Zafir

I'm pretty skeptical that the arena changes will really help that much tbh. The weapon will still be 1800 and people will still be selling rating, as they always do. If you're playing 2v2 and you didn't roll SS/warrior/engineer then things will instantly be harder for you.

Luckily for me I rolled SS. :p
That's my issue, I don't think the arena is going to be fixed until they just remove rating from gear. As long as higher rating = more stats, then there's always going to be a wall.

aka_bueno

I don't suppose early August is too far away. I'll finish my questing off (and checkout the new zones) and maybe play one of my alts in the mean time then. Shame we're having to do that but not to worry I guess, as long as these upcoming fixes do the job.

That's my issue, I don't think the arena is going to be fixed until they just remove rating from gear. As long as higher rating = more stats, then there's always going to be a wall.

They're also slightly nerfing Warriors (again) in the same update, so everything together should help in that part. Spellslingers though, can't help ya there!

jersoc

so they claim they finally fixed crush for espers. hope this is true. 1 bug out countless down if so. such a shame that we're lucky if its even 1 in these patches. what happened to the thousand of fixes in the last monthly patch? they just fucking bugged espers even more there. :|

this wouldn't even be that bad if they would at least communicate with us what is going on. in this day and age of MMOs communication on major issues is pretty damn key. we will drop a game on a dime and not even turn back otherwise.

i seem to always pick the buggiest classes in mmos. fucking warlocks in wow and now espers. gah.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Cost me 1.5plat to buy black dye.

then 2.2 plat to dye my strain costume. That seems like a bit much to dye something...

Somnia

Seems like that change is bad for parties that were able to do gold runs.

Uh they get more loot now by finishing it on gold. They still get their loot from the final boss, a boss peice from gold and 3 more chances at boss loot. In no way was it a negative for gold runs.

Asd202

Uh they get more loot now by finishing it on gold. They still get their loot from the final boss, a boss peice from gold and 3 more chances at boss loot. In no way was it a negative for gold runs.

It is because gold no longer guarantees a purple drop nobody cares about blue drops. You can have multiple gold runs without purple drops. They've basically added additional RNG.

Somnia

Glad you guys could find a negative in a very good change. The amount of people who could regularly farm a vet dungeon on gold is extremely low, this is a very good change overall and those people who can farm vet dungeons on gold are probably raiding and don't care.

If we don't get purple on adventures then sure that semi-blows, but getting gold on the adventure nets you quite a few chances to get more loot then it does right now.

In the end this change is a much needed thing.

Bossun

Did my first dungeon yesterday, Kel Voreth, it was craaazy. Truly the best first dungeon in an mmo. So many mechanics and good difficulty.

Asd202

Glad you guys could find a negative in a very good change. The amount of people who could regularly farm a vet dungeon on gold is extremely low, this is a very good change overall and those people who can farm vet dungeons on gold are probably raiding and don't care.

In the end this change is a much needed thing.

Dungeons maybe but for adventures it's not a good change.

Somnia

Dungeons maybe but for adventures it's not a good change.

I still see it as a positive change. You still get a "boss" loot when you finish which the majority of the time will be a purple item. You then also get 3 more chances at 3 more pieces of boss loot, it's not guranteed, but you could technically walk out with 4 purples on a gold run. How is this a negative? The chances of not getting a purple from finishing on gold is very slim most of the "boss" loot from adventures is the old gold purple drops.

Asd202

I still see it as a positive change. You still get a "boss" loot when you finish which the majority of the time will be a purple item. You then also get 3 more chances at 3 more pieces of boss loot, it's not guranteed, but you could technically walk out with 4 purples on a gold run. How is this a negative? The chances of not getting a purple from finishing on gold is very slim most of the "boss" loot from adventures is the old gold purple drops.

The problem is from recent impressions purple drop is very low even in gold runs.

Top Bottom