• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

szaromir

Banned
Come on Alund, kick out another clay mug in the first round please.

Alund brainfarted :( Hopefully he doesn't give up now.

LuuKyK

Bouchard is still around, which is freaking awesome.

Indeed. She is very pretty. Kirilenko will be missed though.

Also, I noticed Nike is pushing Bouchard as a young Sharapova.

wtaa09.jpg

Certinty

Got a ground pass and saw some of Kohli vs Dodig and Raonic vs Berlocq while seeing all of Chardy vs Harrison. Then went to the ticket resale office and got Court 1 tickets for Berdych vs Klizan and Lisicki vs Schiavone which were located on the front row!

Last year I got CC front row tickets and this year I got C1 front row tickets, I guess I'm pretty lucky!

As for other results I'm a fan of both Robson and Kirilenko but I'm glad Laura won as she definitely needed this a lot more, hopefully she can build on this draw. No real upsets though which is a part shame. Looking forward to Tsonga vs Gulbis tomorrow.

Ash_69

I ventured to Wimbledon after work with a colleague this evening to try and get ground passes. Got there about 18:00 and there must of been 2000 people in front of us and they had a "one in, one out" policy. The steward told us it would be a minimum of two hours before we got in.

Disappointed as hell.

szaromir

Banned
I don't think so, the All England Club was okay with Serena's outfit last year, they should be OK with Roger's soles lol.

edit: wait, his shoes actually are banned? Talk about lack of consistency.

_61428897_serenaceleb.jpg

MIMIC

Banned
It may be just a rumor. I saw a blurb about it and the site it comes from isn't exactly known for its trustworthiness.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Wimbledon rules forbidding loud colours. Though they usually have to approve the kits before the tournament so I dunno...

Wimbledon is traditional for only accepting white clothes.

But yeah this is dumb imo. Sharapovas underwear is orange. Will it be banned too? LoL

This is clearly Nikes making for people to see the shoes.

But... it's a sole of a shoe.... o_O

I mean, maybe if it's the color of the shoes themselves but it's only the sole... o_O

szaromir

Banned
‘Gorgeous Gussie’ Moran, 1949
Her risqué short dress and lace knicker combination brought a damning admonishment from the All-England Club who claimed she had brought ‘vulgarity and sin into tennis’.
This would be pretty standard today. Funny how things change.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
uh oh, Isner retired at 1-1 in the first set.

...is that the shortest wimbledon match? probably someone has retired quicker, but would be interesting if he had the longest and the shortest match.

szaromir

Banned

...is that the shortest wimbledon match? probably someone has retired quicker, but would be interesting if he had the longest and the shortest match.
Don't know if it counts as a wimbledon match, but women's Olympics final last year must have been shorter.

Lucic-Baroni is a beast on grass, such a wasted talent.

Whats up with players retiring in the middle of the game in this Grandslam?!

Nope, yesterday all of Philipp, Pella, and Oprandi retired during the game.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Nope, yesterday all of Philipp, Pella, and Oprandi retired during the game.

of course other players have retired. i said the shortest match. all of the ones you mentioned retired during the last set (men in the fifth, oprandi in the third). isner retired after the second game of the match, having being injured in the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom