• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

J. Bravo

Where I dismiss the notification from the action center but there is still a number by the icon on my home screen. It fixes itself after a phone reboot, but I don't like doing that too often. Although I guess it doesn't matter too much since I'm getting a new phone soon anyways.

Just in the meantime is very annoying.

hadareud

The Translator
Ah ok, I don't think I've had that before.

What is annoying me about the email notifications is that when you select an individual message you can't get to the other messages without exiting and opening the app.

dLMN8R

I think I can finally say I'm an official Microsoft shill.

Sitting here playing around with my new Xbox One. Watching the Seahawks through the Xbox, with the NFL app snapped. Then Skyped with my mom through the Xbox after texting her with my Windows Phone and getting notified about her reply with my Microsoft Band.

So, basically, I'm the reason why our stock is at its highest point in 15 years :p

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Sitting here playing around with my new Xbox One. Watching the Seahawks through the Xbox, with the NFL app snapped. Then Skyped with my mom through the Xbox after texting her with my Windows Phone and getting notified about her reply with my Microsoft Band.

So, basically, I'm the reason why our stock is at its highest point in 15 years :p

Haha. Yeah it is almost at $50. When was it at $40. It has performed pretty well.

Heretic

Disgusting

- Sent From My Surface Pro 3

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

Actually, I think I better represent the new Microsoft and why it's doing so well. I'm on my Xbox one with the ESPN app snapped to my fantasy league while controlling the Xbox with the smartglass app on my android phone, all while reviewing my dissertation oral defense PowerPoint on the iPad office app.

dLMN8R

Dammit! I forgot to include SmartGlass in my setup. But yes, even without that you definitely win by bringing in the cross-platform nature of things :p

Klocker

yea pretty good ecosystem, browsing gaf on surface pro, setting Outlook calendar for week, Xbox One snapped Red Zone DTv while playing games, windows phone texting, connected to Onenote and Onedrive.

GTI Guy

Ah ok, I don't think I've had that before.

What is annoying me about the email notifications is that when you select an individual message you can't get to the other messages without exiting and opening the app.

This bothered me too. If you tap the mailbox vs the individual email you go to the box vs the one email.

stktt

Banned
I doubt "Metro 2.0" is anything more than a buzzword for making sure the design language is more consistent now that it will be a fully unified OS. I expect phones to move away from the accent color motif in order to align with the rest of Windows, but there's nothing about the actual UI/UX that needs some radical overhaul.

Edit: That's not ignoring actual new features. I just don't expect Windows 10 to look like the Material/Metro mash up that keeps getting proposed across the web.

hadareud

The Translator
I suspect that Metro 2.0 will bring more interactive tiles and a few other new elements and enhancements.

But yeah, it will be evolutionary, I think you're right.

Milchjon

F1 GAF is the most unpleasant community on GAF in my experience. No idea why, either.

Maybe because of drive by thread shitters like me ;-)

kharma45

F1 GAF is the most unpleasant community on GAF in my experience. No idea why, either.

Maybe because of drive by thread shitters like me ;-)

I'm just glad one certain members doesn't post there any more. Said member caused some bother in another sports thread I frequent too and left once he'd caused a fair bit of damage.

hadareud

The Translator
Wasn't a snitch, was it?

The football thread died before and it will die again.

We had to set up our own forum the last time around.

hadareud

The Translator
Say no more. I also remember that incident.

I am stalking the thread even though I stopped posting in it when were made to fuck off. Ah, the good old days.

hadareud

The Translator
No thanks. Feo all the way.

It needs to be evolutionary. Still looks great hut everything can always be improved.

Yes absolutely. It's still the most visually appealing OS by far for me.

But there's certain elements that are starting to feel dated and there needs to be more interactive stuff, too.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The OS needs more color, both android and iOS have added color throughout. The home screen is still more lively on windows phone, but everything else falls flat.

JaggedSac

The OS needs more color, both android and iOS have added color throughout. The home screen is still more lively on windows phone, but everything else falls flat.

Dear god, please no. Although, realistically, it doesn't matter for squat since app devs will just make common assets across the platforms, which of course will be using iOS style.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Dear god, please no. Although, realistically, it doesn't matter for squat since app devs will just make common assets across the platforms, which of course will be using iOS style.

The plain text thing is played out bro. Its time to move the interface in line with the home screen.

stktt

Banned
glitter.gif

Plain text is dead. Metro 2.0 has arrived.

Paganmoon

I knew getting AC: Unity companion app day and date with android/iPhone was too good to be true. Both the other platforms have gotten the update that fixes progression reset, WP still at 1.0.0... damn it.

Long loading times (stuck switch animation), laggy interface, "resuming" when returning to homescreen - which I never had.

Skype and Facebook messenger have been like this for me for a long time now. It's almost idiotic when you receive a notification, and when you go to see it, it takes almost a minute for it to show the complete message.

At least whatsapp got that right XD

Top Bottom