• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldsnap

So i bought the Nextgen Reader. It installs up to 7mb then failed to install, keeps doing this over and over. Anyone experience this?

Commodore

Good to see photosynth for WP8 in testing. Missed that app. Got my wireless charging pad yesterday in the mail for my 920. First time you place it on the pad and the sound pings that its charging is pretty cool. Feels good. I'm still worried though, my 920 gets really hot after awhile on it. Think I'm going to exchange it. My 920 gets abnormally hot doing anything for a while.

frontieruk

Good to see photosynth for WP8 in testing. Missed that app. Got my wireless charging pad yesterday in the mail for my 920. First time you place it on the pad and the sound pings that its charging is pretty cool. Feels good. I'm still worried though, my 920 gets really hot after awhile on it. Think I'm going to exchange it. My 920 gets abnormally hot doing anything for a while.

I'd take a ban bet the next one does the same.

it's DEFINITELY going to get hot whil on the charger.

Troll

Banned
Am I using the translator app incorrectly? I'm going to post some screen shots when I get home because this isn't working the way it should. Maybe you guys can show me what I'm doing wrong.

Subitai

There's an app called Amazing Music, and it has Japanese and Korean music. You can cache songs for offline play too, and you can make playlists. It's a very interesting app.
Hey thanks man!

Finally got around to looking this up and I found the SNSD's Jpop version of Genie, Shinee's Sherlock, and Two-Mix Gundam songs in no time. ^_^! Still looking for G.Na. :/

So a fellow at my work got a Windows Phone. He saw my old Titan way back and like the UI so he went and got 820 (he prefer lighter phone).

He used iTunes for all his music so is there a way to move the playlist from itunes to Windows Phone? (I don't know as I haven't use iTunes in a long time and my current computer doesn't have iTunes).

I know you can make Playlist on the phone, but it suck and cumbersome. You have to select music put it in a temporary currently playing list. The problem is how do you clear out the current play list on Windows Phone 8?

He is ready to take the phone back because of the shitty music sync option and I told him I will find out for him if there is a good solution. He said he love the Nokia phone and generally love the UI of windows phone but this poor music sync is really deal breaker for him.

Help expand our rank!

MCD

So a fellow at my work got a Windows Phone. He saw my old Titan way back and like the UI so he went and got 820 (he prefer lighter phone).

He used iTunes for all his music so is there a way to move the playlist from itunes to Windows Phone? (I don't know as I haven't use iTunes in a long time and my current computer doesn't have iTunes).

I know you can make Playlist on the phone, but it suck and cumbersome. You have to select music put it in a temporary currently playing list. The problem is how do you clear out the current play list on Windows Phone 8?

He is ready to take the phone back because of the shitty music sync option and I told him I will find out for him if there is a good solution. He said he love the Nokia phone and generally love the UI of windows phone but this poor music sync is really deal breaker for him.

Help expand our rank!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehXLUG0S8ik&feature=player_detailpage#t=348s

The iVerge's article was hilarious. The whole thing was basically 'buy an iPhone' from beginning to end.

I'll read the Ars one now.

Okay, so the Ars article is infinitely more balanced and readable than The iVerge's article. It actually mentions Android, something The iVerge seems too afraid of to even mention beyond that Google Maps is good. They cover a decent selection of different devices too, something The iVerge completely ignored while they were slobbering all over Apple's knob. I'm not sure that I agree with their conclusion that the device to get on AT&T is the Optimus G, because of LG's buggy software layer and their history of not updating devices EVER. But they give the time of day to all platforms, except poor BlackBerry which is quite hilarious in it's non-existence. Even The iVerge mentions BlackBerry, if only to tell people not to buy one. Interestingly enough, Ars recommends the HTC Windows Phone 8X over the Nokia Lumia 920. Nokia fans am cry.

Totakeke

Nokia Lumia 620 announced.

Seems like a really great package. If the price is correct it seems like a better deal than the 8S. More memory, front-facing camera, Nokia apps, the nice exchangeable shell concept.

Nice, this is definitely needed! I like the design better than 820 too. Would definitely consider for my mom... Or maybe my mom deserves a 8X.

Is anyone here a heavy Skype user and how's the experience with WP8 so far? Seems like the best platform for a VoIP phone so far.

hwalker84

Nice, this is definitely needed! I like the design better than 820 too. Would definitely consider for my mom... Or maybe my mom deserves a 8X.

Is anyone here a heavy Skype user and how's the experience with WP8 so far? Seems like the best platform for a VoIP phone so far.

Skype now works amazingly. Integrates with your contacts and shows up like a normal phone call.

I put it in the OT. :/

I assume it was just for Windows 7 and Vista and only Windows 8 Metro app for Windows 8. I still don't get Microsoft strategy for abandoning the Zune software ... are they really that dense and actually want people on Windows 8 to use iTunes instead of Zune/Xbox Music desktop? *shrug* who know what MS strategy is anymore.

They could at least update Media Player ... oh and that desktop app is still beta and crash on me a few times already. Not sure if my co-worker will be thrill using that piece of garbage to sync his stuff.

Bullza2o

Amazing Weather just got updated. So fucking good, the tiles are amazing.

Yup, so amazing.

Does WP depend on cellular data to look for app updates on the marketplace? I only turn on data when I really need it, and it seems I rarely get update notifications when I'm on WiFi.

PG2G

I started using the "Stop the Music" app, which will wipe out your current now playing playlist and let you start from scratch

I started using the "Stop the Music" app, which will wipe out your current now playing playlist and let you start from scratch

It just boggle my mind that they haven't put that in for windows phone 8. Also would an easier way to create playlist be something they should thought about after they axe the Zune? There is already a menu option why not just add option to add music to playlist so you can manage playlist on the phone. The current method is just so confusing, you add music to the now playing then you have to back out then pick the music, click on the title under the album then go to current playlist and then save it. Who design this kind of menu system....why not just let you click a menu that said current playlist and let you edit from there. (Using the same check box system already in the music player. Ugh.. I don't know how I am going to teach this guy how to use the playlist on the phone, may be he will just be happy with just sync from iTunes playlist.

PG2G

It just boggle my mind that they haven't put that in for windows phone 8. Also would an easier way to create playlist be something they should thought about after they axe the Zune. There is already a menu option why not just add option to add music to playlist.

Yeah, and its something so simple to do that it seems like you could have an intern do it, lol. I am fine with not creating playlist on the phone if the cloud playlist was smart enough to use local music when available, but it doesn't lol.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Why is everyone praising Amazing Weather? Isn't it still blurry and not optimized for wp8? What am I missing here?

kazinova

AlphaJax for XBL is up on the marketplace.

I'll play since there are achievements now, my gamertag is: kazinova. Let's get some WP8/WP7 totin' gamertags out there so I can have Wordament frenemies and AlphaJax opponents.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Well, they're talking about the fact that it was just updated, might have something to do with it? :p

Yeah, but I was thinking the update would bring wp8 support (high RES assets, double wide tiles) and, at least the free version, does not.

kazinova

Was it Amazing Weather or Weather Flow that was getting the good tiles in the update, I might have been wrong as to which one it was.

Tomcat

has anyone tried alphajax?
its annoying that it sends you toasts for new games all the time
i would have prefered the system that the words by post uses

kazinova

I just started using AlphaJax, I haven't received any new game toasts randomly, is this somethingI should be worried about?

ElNino

I've been using AlphaJax since the original non-Live version launched and I just switched over to the new version. I never found that I was receiving that many game requests, and if I had too many to handle it's easy to just decline the game invite.

:(

Speaking of OT, when you get a chance, can you make an image for the 620?

If I don't leave work at 9 pm again, then yes.
KuGsj.gif

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing Weather is great. 80MB is nothing and it is worth the $1.50 or whatever it is you cheap bastards, :lol

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Amazing Weather is great. 80MB is nothing and it is worth the $1.50 or whatever it is you cheap bastards, :lol

Just downloaded the HD trial. Wow, this thing is gorgeous and the double wide tile looks fantastic in metro mode. If it works well through the trial in buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom