• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I don't leave work at 9 pm again, then yes.
KuGsj.gif

No rush, take your time--thanks!

I'm running the trial right now. Will buy if the tiles continue to work well over the 3 day period.

Just downloaded the HD trial. Wish, this thing is gorgeous and the double wide tile looks fantastic in metro mode. If it works well through the trial in buying it.

Out of all the weather apps I tried, Amazing is my fav. WeatherMaster was my previous, but found that Amazing was better with updating GPS position, although I don't think it updates as frequently (still, hourly is good enough).

WeatherFlow is good too, but doesn't give enough info for me on the live tile.

maeh2k

I was hoping that the Live version of Alphajax would support multiple languages (German). Somehow they translated the whole UI but the dictionary is English-only.

There aren't any other decent German Scrabble games, are there?

kazinova

I'm running the trial right now. Will buy if the tiles continue to work well over the 3 day period.

Same here, I like the tile, if it works as advertised I'll plunk down a measely $1.50 for it, even if another WP8 optimized weather app replaces it. Hell, I'm generating $5.00 free MS bucks off of Bing Rewards every month, might as well divvy it up to developers that support the platform.

PG2G

Same here, I like the tile, if it works as advertised I'll plunk down a measely $1.50 for it, even if another WP8 optimized weather app replaces it. Hell, I'm generating $5.00 free MS bucks off of Bing Rewards every month, might as well divvy it up to developers that support the platform.

Haha yeah that is my rationale exactly. Didn't realize we were making ~500 a month, that is pretty awesome. Will likely cover every app purchase I do

Hell, I'm generating $5.00 free MS bucks off of Bing Rewards every month, might as well divvy it up to developers that support the platform.

I don't know why MS isn't promoting this more. Bing is totally serviceable--I occasionally switch to Google if Bing isn't giving me what I need, but for the most part it works, and you're essentially being paid to use it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Since I got my other 920, trying to put Xbox Pass music on it has been a nightmare. Could be because there are two devices of the same name in my device list? At any rate a lot shit needs to be fixed with the music situation. Guess I can use my Zune HD in the mean time.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
MS is promoting Bing........HARD. Its not for a lack of trying that it hasn't caught fire.

I think its personally fine as well, but my brother, who is not into tech, downloaded a google app on his 8x cause he said he didn't get the results he wanted in Bing. Tough to change habits, and on some types of searches, Bing just isn't as good.

edit: schuey, I gave up trying to get music pass or Zune pass music on my phone through PC sync. It just doesn't work. I'm left with just downloading stuff on my phone or streaming. Its the worst part, along with podcasts, of Apollo.

kazinova

I don't know why MS isn't promoting this more. Bing is totally serviceable--I occasionally switch to Google if Bing isn't giving me what I need, but for the most part it works, and you're essentially being paid to use it.

I just make it my homepage at my PC to trick me into using it out of convenience, plus the bing homepage is way more attractive than most other options. I'm a sucker for big daily images...

MCD

Bing sux because it's AMERIKA and maybe UK only.

Fucking MS is always USA USA USA and the rest of the world is beta.

PG2G

Adding you guys. I'm BiqMara.

They should work on Xbox Live integration some. It'd be cool of from the Games or People hub there was a way to challenge someone to a game and you could jump into any active game with them from there too

UraMallas

Adding you guys. I'm BiqMara.

They should work on Xbox Live integration some. It'd be cool of from the Games or People hub there was a way to challenge someone to a game and you could jump into any active game with them from there too

Way cool idea. I would love to be able to do that.

maeh2k

Anyone else's battery take a nose dive since using Amazing Weather HD? I have had, at max, moderate usage today and it has been awful. Installed Amazing Weather HD before going to bed last night:

Unless you keep it open the whole time a weather app shouldn't be able to cause such a battery drain. Checking the weather every hour shouldn't have a big effect.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Guys, I want to play you in alphajax but it says I have to change my communication settings to invite you and I have no idea where to change them. :(

PG2G

Guys, I want to play you in alphajax but it says I have to change my communication settings to invite you and I have no idea where to change them. :(

I had that when I tried to start the random games, I was able to start one with one of my friends though.

Edit: Never realized the games hub had a notifications section. That is pretty cool, it showed all of the friends request and that it is my turn in some games.

azcCC.png

I might use another picture for the phone, though. That lime green could cause eye cancer.

Just because you hate colors and puppies and kittens. I think that lime green is sublime. For $249 off contract it's a great price may be one of these small pay as you go phone will bring it in for US market. It would make nice replacement for my daughter.

On another note, I got Purity headphone off eBay. The in ear head bud actually sound good and work great with the phone. I don't understand the reason for the huge connector at the end but I guess it's better to have option than not. The over the ear one sound OK, I think it's a little muddle and on top of that this particular one smell really bad (stored in smoking environment). Seller offer me another $15.00 discount, not sure if I will keep it. I haven't smoke since college and the small whiff of it make me nauseated ... Forgot how nice cyan color looks on electronic gadgets.

Just because you hate colors and puppies and kittens. I think that lime green is sublime. For $249 off contract it's a great price may be one of these small pay as you go phone will bring it in for US market. It would make nice replacement for my daughter.

I was talking about the press shot. It looks quite nice in person.

PG2G

Yeah, he doesn't say what settings to change. I tried toggling some of the stuff and nothing. I'll try again tomorrow and then uninstall if it still says the same thing. *sigh*

Are you trying to play with Xbox Live friends or are you just typing in gamertags?

Edit: And they somehow need go be able to filter out people that don't have the game. I shouldn't have to scroll through and figure out who it makes sense to challenge

PG2G

I'm trying skill match, random games, and typing in gamertags. All of them throw up the error message. I can't play the game.

What is your setting for this Privacy Setting?

Voice and Text
Decide who to communicate with using voice and text on Xbox LIVE. This includes voice and text chat, messaging, and game invites.

The AlphaJax site did say it might take a couple hours to take effect if you make changes to this stuff too, so if that is set to 'Everyone' you might want to just give it time.

As it is, I can play with any of my Xbox Live friends, but none of the methods you mentioned above work.

maeh2k

AlphaJax names.

my gamertag is: kazinova.

Gamertag: UraMallas

I'm BiqMara.

SCHUEY F1.

gamertag: aratsnest

I'll do the same: BladeofAura

feel free to add me, "killer rin"

Mine's vanmardigan.

My GT is Sordid Sentinel

My gamertag is Tonza4 if anyone wants to play Alphajax. (Im not a native english speaker)

My Gamertag is neoak

In case anyone wants to play a non-native speaker. Gamertag: maeh2k

How do I stop other apps from showing up in my music app?

I don't think you could unless of course you get rid of the app. I think that is how the app get tag, like photo related app show up in Picture or camera hub. I actually like it that they do of course there are some mis-label one that show up in the wrong place.

maeh2k

Windows Phone is really great for apps like Alphajax. With that game the ability to pin multiple tiles (matches) and the xbox integration really shine.

PG2G

Winows Phone is really great for apps like Alphajax. With that game the ability to pin multiple tiles (maches) and the xbox integration really shines.

I didn't even notice that, it works really well too. Ugh, we need more games like this.

I actually have what I think is a pretty good idea. Need to get started learning game development though, so it'll take me a while.

kazinova

Man, it's amazing how off the mark all tech journalists are on the Lumia 920 versus other phones.

A friend of mine is finally upgrading to a space phone and despite my very unbiased explanation of the drawbacks of a Windows Phone he still wants to get a Lumia 920. And that's with a significant other that is a pretty consistent Apple fan and an iPhone 4 owner.

Just look how many of us want the 920 despite The Verge, Engadget, Paul Thurrott et al pimping the HTC 8X over it. There's really something to this phone that they all seem to not get. I hope this all points towards a real ground swell of support that drives more developer support.

So say we all.

NeOak

Anyone else's battery take a nose dive since using Amazing Weather HD? I have had, at max, moderate usage today and it has been awful. Installed Amazing Weather HD before going to bed last night:

Battery Level is a big battery hog :/

zedge

I don't think you could unless of course you get rid of the app. I think that is how the app get tag, like photo related app show up in Picture or camera hub. I actually like it that they do of course there are some mis-label one that show up in the wrong place.
Hmm its kind of stupid that it shows the last app as "paused" like its music, so if you press it thinking it will resume your music and it opens Engadget or some other app.. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom