• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross post from the lumia thread:

Lumia 925: Whats the Nokia SmartCam?

BKKAG9JCIAAdLQe.jpg:large

guessing they're referring to the smart features that use multiple photos to create a perfect one like best face and object removal.

Anyone doing the obligatory "I wish whatever they show off runs Android" post?

I think it should be made clear in the OP that posts like that aren't welcome. I'm quite sick of them. People wish beautiful WP devices ran Android without even knowing WP or having seen it. The hardware compliments the OS and the OS the hardware. Android will ruin that balance. I can't even imagine how disconnected the Lumia 800 would look if it ran Android.

kharma45

I think it should be made clear in the OP that posts like that aren't welcome. I'm quite sick of them. People wish beautiful WP devices ran Android without even knowing WP or having seen it. The hardware compliments the OS and the OS the hardware. Android will ruin that balance. I can't even imagine how disconnected the Lumia 800 would look if it ran Android.

nokia_n9_ice_cream_sandwich-476x500.jpg

Why are they still using Microsofts old logo :\

Completely agree, but sadly most people will ignore the warning

If the Lumia 928 is too plasticky, what is the Galaxy S3/4?

BI S4 review said:
Now is the plastic horrible? Is it a deal breaker? Is the Galaxy S4 a total dud because there's no metal on the body?
Nope.

There are some benefits to owning a plastic phone over a metal one, and some will find the plastic construction a good thing, not a drawback. The Galaxy S4 won't scratch as easily as metal phones, and the plastic makes the phone feel slim and lightweight.

derFeef

Holy shit is the guy on drugs? How can you write that with a straight face.
I'm usually not getting mad over reviews, but phew...

Milchjon

"So amazing", "Innovative", "Sexy", "Plastic fantastic"...

I don't think anyone ever said that...

Are there even any enthusiastic reviews of the S4, or is it all "If you own a S3, you probably won't need to upgrade, but it's still maybe the best Android device out there"?

Razdek

Banned
Glad to hear it my mom's old windows phone finally died on her which was a radar and I was shopping for an inexpensive replacement for her and debating on this one since she enjoyed windows so much :)

Yes I definitely recommend it, I just ordered a yellow and cyan back case for her on eBay since they don't have them at the store yet. I decided not to get one for myself and just wanted play with hers Lol.

Izuna

Banned
Hmm, tomorrow huh?

I hope they just announce the Catwalk and the EOS was just a small rumour that got popular due to people simply wanting it so much.

If EOS gets announced I'm going to be biting if it looks good. Catwalk has nothing that interests me. Maybe OLED.

I'm hoping I don't get excited. These MS products are the only thing making holes in my pockets. I managed to dodge the Surface (or rather, MS did that for me).

Just ordered a replacement back-cover (RED/glossy/=(/) for the 920. Was cheap, and it increases the value of my device by quite a bit. Shame there's no option for Cyan, but what can you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom