• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumia 928 aesthetically destroys the 920. Love dat flush bezel.

I actually disagree, as an AT&T user not jelly of the 928 at all.

But everyone one always cries about how absurdly heavy and thick the 920 is and I've never had a thought about either one of those aspects. Fells perfect in my hands.

I actually disagree, as an AT&T user not jelly of the 928 at all.

But everyone one always cries about how absurdly heavy and thick the 920 is and I've never had a thought about either one of those aspects. Fells perfect in my hands.

It both is and isn't the thickness that puts me off. The girth itself doesn't really bother me, but said girth combined with the 'flattened tops/rounded body' thing that they've gone for makes it look a bit "bleh" in my eyes; a bit toy-ish. Were the phone thinner, I think it'd lend to the design shining a lot more.

As much as I'd love to shit on the "lol plastic" comments, I really do want to hold the 928 before I make a judgment. I've gotten used to my phat ass 920 leaving a dent in the bed. So sturdy.

Anyone else's live tiles not updating? My tiles just do not update anymore I've restarted and nuttin....

My 920 has had super shitty live tile performance since their latest update. Didn't really have problems before that. I've tried many variations of soft reset + reboot, as well.

It really fucks up the battery sense app, since it apparently uses the live tile to determine your battery lifetime/longest time since charge. My longest battery life is 3 days (lol).

Darkkn

At this point, hardware is hardly the problem of W8 phones. It's nice of course if Nokia could catch up with specs/design wise to latest competition, but the app situation and OS are out of Nokia's hands and those need to improve if they want to get people to switch.

At this point, hardware is hardly the problem of W8 phones. It's nice of course if Nokia could catch up with specs/design wise to latest competition, but the app situation and OS are out of Nokia's hands and those need to improve if they want to get people to switch.

If they keep the same 2012 specs, then it's going to suck in terms of review scores.

Yes it is. Reviewers review hardware in terms of what's possible. You can bet your ass they will critisise a lumia launching at the same price as other flagships with half the hardware capabilities. The market is shifting towards 1080p and quad-cores and that is becoming the flagship standard.

kharma45

35b429af-ffd9-46c4-bba3-82cc47891cfd.jpg

00a8c2c0-a9ee-4605-b9ca-b4c9a4c82c46.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom