• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Android (and ex Iphone) user here. Sick of both phones, could not enjoy them.

Going Windows Phone soon as my contract expires (July). How do the specs on the 928 compare to the Iphone 5 and the Galaxy 4? And is the 928 going to be the new flagship Windows Phone 8?

kharma45

There are rumours of another new Nokia on Tuesday, could carry the 41MP sensor from the 808 but for now the 928 is top dog.

Hardware wise for raw performance it's a step behind the S4, it's using the Snapdragon S4 which I think some Galaxy S3 variants used.

dLMN8R

May 2013 seems awfully early to announce new flagship phones coming at the end of the year that would likely be running Phone Blue.

frontieruk

So, what did I miss?

discussion on the HTC One, Nokia 928 and the positioning of the usb port on WP8 devices, leading to discussion of wireless accessories as USB ones weren't available. and the usual sarcasm and jokes that this thread brings to GAF. Oh and Unknown showed his face...

Troll

Banned
discussion on the HTC One, Nokia 928 and the positioning of the usb port on WP8 devices, leading to discussion of wireless accessories as USB ones weren't available. and the usual sarcasm and jokes that this thread brings to GAF. Oh and Unknown showed his face...

Nice. Unbanned just in time for the next Lumia event. I guess my gaming side post didn't hurt that bad.

We're at Windows Phone 12 now.

It's 2075 already?

frontieruk

Nice. Unbanned just in time for the next Lumia event. I guess my gaming side post didn't hurt that bad.

it's a thin line you walk on gaming side, offenses can be innocuous and often other posters do the same thing and no one bats an eyelid.

Welcome back btw

Doffen

Teased on Channel 4: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/120...n-channel-4-advert-ahead-of-tuesday-uk-reveal

phpnmns4x.jpg

phpz2s4kh.jpg

phpivtbgx.jpg

phpolyfw2.jpg

VertPin

Iphone user here. Hate iOS and don't care about the apps besides what I have when I jailbroke my phone. I'm on my fourth iphone. Each one broke down to hardware issues, (all replaced free) so you can see my rage. I've always been huge on windows OS's too, and been wanting the 920. I can upgrade July 1st. Should I wait for a better lumia? AT&T.

Iphone user here. Hate iOS and don't care about the apps besides what I have when I jailbroke my phone. I'm on my fourth iphone. Each one broke down to hardware issues, (all replaced free) so you can see my rage. I've always been huge on windows OS's too, and been wanting the 920. I can upgrade July 1st. Should I wait for a better lumia? AT&T.

should just wait man.

Razdek

Banned
Grabbed the Lumia 520 for my mom and I gotta say it's a really nice piece of hardware for the price. I was afraid of battery life as I my 920 was pretty bad when I had it but this one is holding up pretty well. I thought there would be more apps for WP8 devices but it's still pretty barren. Going to pick up another one for myself to play around with.

Well as of a few hours ago I am finally able to get a smart phone for the first time ever. I'm on Sprint, by the way.

I'm planning on waiting until the HTC/Samsung phones come in a few months. I did a google search on news and didn't really find anything, but does anybody have any guess as to when they will actually come out?

Gamble

Grabbed the Lumia 520 for my mom and I gotta say it's a really nice piece of hardware for the price. I was afraid of battery life as I my 920 was pretty bad when I had it but this one is holding up pretty well. I thought there would be more apps for WP8 devices but it's still pretty barren. Going to pick up another one for myself to play around with.

Glad to hear it my mom's old windows phone finally died on her which was a radar and I was shopping for an inexpensive replacement for her and debating on this one since she enjoyed windows so much :)

Subitai

Looking at neowin's graph, the drop-off in app submissions seemingly coincides with the Windows 8 launch. Wouldn't surprise me if the people doing Windows Phone apps were the same who are doing Windows 8 apps and are now splitting their time between the two.

If app development for Windows and Windows Phone aligns further with the respective Blue releases, it might pick up again.
Hopefully this is the case.

928wosde.png

14 Windows Phones running Apollo were released since October 2012, with one more coming tomorrow and another one at the end of the first half of the year.
9 of them are Nokia Lumias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom