• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
real talk. a Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE is $200 on Virgin Mobile.

cnet said:
While that's speedy enough to get stuff done, I did notice a little lagginess when I navigated around some apps, including going back to the home screen.

lol, android. Plus it very likely won't get the latest OS updates for the next year like the 521. And its msrp was twice that of the 521 when it launched.

That said, the side benefit of the android spec wars is that the better tech necessary to run android more smoothly is being pushed down to the budget range at a blistering pace. You can get last year's flagships for relatively cheap and we are still talking HD screens etc.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
nokiaeosrumor_large.jpg

41 MP Nokia EOS, ITS A MONSTER

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/5/43...feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+WinRumors+(WinRumors)

Totakeke

Oh and pocketnow used to be better back in the windows mobile days where they had content no one else really had, but ever since they switched to covering all mobile platforms, they tend to publish far more clickbait and they've been off my RSS feed since.

But the point of 41mp is so you get tons extra for downsampling.

You're not thinking big enough, man. EOS is going to save the picture twice, one downsampled 5 MP shot and one 41 MP shot. Now imagine taking food pictures with the EOS and then use the 41 MP full resolution food picture to print it out in poster form and literally share them with your friends. The quality would be amazing and it would allow all kinds of new social interactions!

You're not thinking big enough, man. EOS is going to save the picture twice, one downsampled 5 MP shot and one 41 MP shot. Now imagine taking food pictures with the EOS and then use the 41 MP full resolution food picture to print it out in poster form and literally share them with your friends. The quality would be amazing and it would allow all kinds of new social interactions!

no no, buy a nokia branded t-shirt that you use NFC on that shares the photo with your tshirt which then adapts the pigment in the tshirt to display the ENTIRE 41 MP on your shirt.

Google has to be trolling at this point.

"In a reverse of course, Google just announced that it's keeping its CalDAV API open to all developers. Additionally, the company is today making CardDAV — its preferred tool for syncing contact information — available to the public for the first time. Google initially intended to alter CalDAV so the API would adhere to "partner-only" access, allowing only predetermined app makers to utilize the underlying technology behind its calendar syncing. But an abundance of developer feedback apparently gave Google "a better understanding of developers’ use cases" and led to the company revisiting its ill-received decision."

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
720p dual core. Its going to be so hard to ignore it though, when I'll have an upgrade ready to use. Also, that's a xenon flash, right? *drools*

hwalker84

I love my Lumia 920 but I don't want any part of that EOS if it's as big as it looks. I'm also getting tired of the polycarbonate. No new chipset, wireless charging gone and 768x1280 res... I'll pass and keep on with what I got.

I'm loving the salt that's being generated from Halo Spartan Assault. "Windows Phone won't be taken as a viable product until this game comes to Android"

clav

I'm loving the salt that's being generated from Halo Spartan Assault. "Windows Phone won't be taken as a viable product until this game comes to Android"

The only valid complaint I see is that buyers have to buy the game twice if they want it for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8.

I thought the point of Windows 8 was integration.

BeiBaGZ.png

Unlimited pixels, guys.

pretty sure that's just 100 megapixels, but i'm not fluent in roman...

lol, android. Plus it very likely won't get the latest OS updates for the next year like the 521. And its msrp was twice that of the 521 when it launched.

That said, the side benefit of the android spec wars is that the better tech necessary to run android more smoothly is being pushed down to the budget range at a blistering pace. You can get last year's flagships for relatively cheap and we are still talking HD screens etc.
it launched with ICS and got JB so there's hope... plus it has LTE, NFC and a FFC

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I hope we get the Lumia Amber update soonish for the 920. Want the new lens app and camera algorithms. Would be nice if it was before August.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I take it from that Google and it's partners dropped that charade?

Yeah, that was never going to happen. Google simply doesn't have enough control over the OEM's for a mandate like that to stand. The main problem is the stupid skins. Samsung is pretty good about updates the first year for their phones, slightly longer on their flagships. HTC and the rest are still way too quick to move on to their new models and leave their older ones in the dust. Plus they are slow as heck on updating. Aside from Nexus, I'd only feel comfortable owning a Samsung flagship if updates are important to me.

frontieruk

that was all talk. though more and more newer devices seem to be getting updated nowadays...

I think that's more due to more stable base android is on now, early on the goalposts moved to quickly for the OEM's to keep up, I'm sure if you looked hard enough some hacker will have JB on a G1 but it would never get it from HTC simply due to the memory deficiencies in the handset compared to what is mandated for JB to operate, same with the G2, the Hero etc

kharma45

I think that's more due to more stable base android is on now, early on the goalposts moved to quickly for the OEM's to keep up, I'm sure if you looked hard enough some hacker will have JB on a G1 but it would never get it from HTC simply due to the memory deficiencies in the handset compared to what is mandated for JB to operate, same with the G2, the Hero etc

HTC's handling of the Hero with regards to updates was properly shit, never been so miffed at an update process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom