• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadareud

The Translator
HTC's handling of the Hero with regards to updates was properly shit, never been so miffed at an update process.

Yep. And the Desire and the Desire HD and so on.

They are truly awful with supporting their phones.

To be fair to them, it seems like most OEMs are.

clav

Yep. And the Desire and the Desire HD and so on.

They are truly awful with supporting their phones.

To be fair to them, it seems like most OEMs are.

Even Samsung is terrible at updating their own phones with official updates.

I had to root my phone in order to update it properly. The OTA update semi-bricked it. Only installed the software and not the modem.

Korez

gsmarena_101.jpg

gsmarena_102.jpg

gsmarena_103.jpg

gsmarena_104.jpg

gsmarena_106.jpg

gsmarena_116.jpg

Meh. I don't think it looks anymore ridiculous than something like the Note, especially since its easily justified...at least for the photos. Can't wait to see comparisons.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
LOL. But on AT&T with LTE support!

The 920?

edit: I'm such a fool. I want that phone now. Ugh, no self control. I'll wait for comparisons and confirmation on resolution and processors, but with an upgrade just waiting for me this summer, I'll crack. I just know it. They'll probably price it aggressively on contract to really lure me.

Milchjon

At least they tried.

I don't know what you expected?

After the 808 and that ridiculous "leaked render" last year, this goes beyond anything I dared to hope for.

Still looks better than 80% of the phones on the market to me. And it definitely looks better than the 925.

That just looks flat out ridiculous. Hope they make a smaller model without the crazy camera and wireless charging back in!

What are you looking for? If you want those things the 920 (which I think you have) has the exact same specs. This isn't nokia's next flagship. This is quite obviously a niche phone that will be marketed to those that aren't satisfied with today's smart phone cameras.

I don't know what you expected?

After the 808 and that ridiculous "leaked render" last year, this goes beyond anything I dared to hope for.

Still looks better than 80% of the phones on the market to me. And it definitely looks better than the 925.

I could've made that post two months ago, because this is exactly what I expected.

zedge

Even Samsung is terrible at updating their own phones with official updates.

I had to root my phone in order to update it properly. The OTA update semi-bricked it. Only installed the software and not the modem.

Samsung are leaps and bounds ahead of other oems when it comes to updates now on Android. Even thier low end phones are still getting updates.

hwalker84

What are you looking for? If you want those things the 920 (which I think you have) has the exact same specs. This isn't nokia's next flagship. This is quite obviously a niche phone that will be marketed to those that aren't satisfied with today's smart phone cameras.
Well if its not the next flagship that's fine. I'll probably still get it.

JaggedSac

Cool. I like the look of it. I'll be peacocking with a yellow one, lol. People are going to constantly be asking me what the hell is that thing?

MCD

Dual core for that is silly. They should go all out, Quad Core, 2gig ram, 64gig, SD card support, some useless gimmicks in between and market the fuck out of it.

Troll

Banned
Damn, banned for three days and we get the EOS leaks! I should get banned more...

I won't get a phone with an OLED screen. Burn in is a huge issue for me and I'm not going to use my main phone around it. There is a rumor about the EOS plus on the WPcentral comments? I hadn't heard about that before, anyone care to fill me in?

hadareud

The Translator
In case anyone here is interested in Tapatalk:

I've been using the beta for a couple of days now. Apart from a few bugs, it's actually a very nice app. Looks a lot better than Foroplex, it's quick and snappy, relatively stable (unlike Foroplex). There's some important features that are missing (search within a forum for instance) and it's pretty basic for now, so lets hope those things will be added gradually over time.

The good news is that the dev is quick to fix things. I emailed him some bugs yesterday and the majority of them were fixed in an update he released overnight. That's quite encouraging, I have to say.

Dual core for that is silly. They should go all out, Quad Core, 2gig ram, 64gig, SD card support, some useless gimmicks in between and market the fuck out of it.

This is what I don't get. No one is craving for this phone, no one is waiting for it and GDR3 with 1080p and quad-core support is around the corner. Why not just push the phone back half a year, release it around January and have a unique state of the art product? Instead it's going to be just as well received as the 808, with a slightly higher ecosystem score on the Verge.

hadareud

The Translator
And if they released it in January with a quad core and 1080p display there's already a 1440p Android with an octa-core somewhere on the Fijis.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I am definitely interested in picking up the Nokia EOS if it can pull off proper pureview, I am worried about the dual core processor doing all that pureview image magic though, there might still be a sting in the tail (aka some kind of compromise that ruins the whole thing). I don't care that it's not the prettiest or lightest as long as it's giving me way better imaging than I can get anywhere else.

And Had I looked at that forum, thought about signing up, then saw people have sigs and had terrible 2002 flashbacks of being a 16 year old on the Xbox365.com forums.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Looks like another unibody Nokia without SD card support. If ever there was a phone that needed SD card support, it's this one. Hopefully I can use that as an excuse to skip it and wait for 108p quad core phones. Unfortunately, all that will do is convince Nokia that nobody wants an awesome camera with their phone if it means a bump. I'll have to settle for a Nokia 1080p phablet.

Nero3000

After the leak of EOS, i'm set with my decision to jump on the 925 (from an 800).

Bring on June 13th!

Hopefully the 41mpx camera will be in a nicer deisgn in a year or so for me to pick up.

Zeknurn

After the leak of EOS, i'm set with my decision to jump on the 925 (from an 800).

Bring on June 13th!

Hopefully the 41mpx camera will be in a nicer deisgn in a year or so for me to pick up.

Don't forget that there is a rumoured 5"+ device as well.

Milchjon

My friend just got a yellow 920 and I'm in love again.

I think he already hates me because I have to test all the WP8 only apps he doesn't want.

http://cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/13/06/nokia-eos-exclusive/gsmarena_101.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/13/06/nokia-eos-exclusive/gsmarena_102.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/13/06/nokia-eos-exclusive/gsmarena_103.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/13/06/nokia-eos-exclusive/gsmarena_104.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/13/06/nokia-eos-exclusive/gsmarena_106.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/13/06/nokia-eos-exclusive/gsmarena_116.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

[quote="hwalker84, post: 61493501"]That just looks flat out ridiculous. Hope they make a smaller model without the crazy camera and wireless charging back in![/QUOTE]Whoever designed that was hard on the drink. That thing looks grim.

My friend just got a yellow 920 and I'm in love again.

I think he already hates me because I have to test all the WP8 only apps he doesn't want.

Both the red and the yellow really grew on me once I saw them in person. I really would like to see a green version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom